Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Dec 2009, 22:07 (Ref:2595083)   #1
Matthew Ronke
Veteran

Australia
NSW
Matthew Ronke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
V8 Headquarters could leave Gold Coast ?

Quote:
V8 SUPERCARS is one 'snide' comment away from packing up its Gold Coast headquarters and abandoning SuperGP if 'stupid' councillors continue to ridicule the sport.

V8 Supercars boss Tony Cochrane last night told The Gold Coast Bulletin he had 'had enough' of Cr Susie Douglas's bad-mouthing of the series.

"If the Gold Coast City Council keeps making us feel unwelcome we will not hesitate in packing up our Gold Coast headquarters and the 700 jobs that come with it and find a new home," he said after wrapping up the first V8 Supercars street circuit round in Sydney yesterday.

"We are sick of those snide attacks from Cr Douglas and her cohorts. We don't hang around where we are not wanted.
GC Bulletin
Old 6 Dec 2009, 22:16 (Ref:2595090)   #2
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He gets his feelings hurt easily doesn't he ?

One more snide comment and we'll pack up and leave.

They could set up base in the showbag pavillion at Homebush but where would they go during the Easter Show ?
Old 6 Dec 2009, 22:48 (Ref:2595105)   #3
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The problem is Susie Douglas is a senile old crack pot. She would have been voted out decades ago, but Gold Coasters don't bother voting in local elections
Old 6 Dec 2009, 22:51 (Ref:2595109)   #4
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So when reality bites, how does V8 Supercar plan to relocate 700 jobs, the infrastructure, the people and their relocation requirements, the office etc somewhere else? Doesn't sound cheap.
Old 6 Dec 2009, 23:36 (Ref:2595129)   #5
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't hold your breath if one day they pull the pin on the GC and move to a nice office located somewhere in Homebush, verbal jibes or not.......
Old 7 Dec 2009, 00:35 (Ref:2595155)   #6
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they wanted to play politics, I reckon it would hurt the GC if they moved to Brisbane. Good ol' SE QLD rivalry.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 00:40 (Ref:2595159)   #7
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to see a break down of exactly what are the 700 jobs that they will relocate.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 01:03 (Ref:2595179)   #8
Green Hornet
Racer

Green Hornet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
I'd like to see a break down of exactly what are the 700 jobs that they will relocate.
They probably figure it isn't any of your business . . .
Old 7 Dec 2009, 01:05 (Ref:2595183)   #9
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
So when reality bites, how does V8 Supercar plan to relocate 700 jobs, the infrastructure, the people and their relocation requirements, the office etc somewhere else? Doesn't sound cheap.
They have plenty of $$$$$$, did not they make a $400million profit a couple of years ago.So money is not the problem
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 7 Dec 2009, 01:29 (Ref:2595192)   #10
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"If the Gold Coast City Council keeps making us feel unwelcome we will not hesitate in packing up our Gold Coast headquarters and the 700 jobs that come with it and find a new home,"

What a complete joke. Does anyone seriously believe that V8SCA (i.e. the organisation itself) employ's 700 full-time people on the Gold Coast, that he is trying to imply that they do????

Think about that number....700 people employed by V8SCA, on the Gold Coast ?!! It wouldn't even be 10% of that amount, Australia wide.

The guy must think everyone is a fool and he needs to stop making stupid statements like that and losing credibility for our sport.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 01:49 (Ref:2595197)   #11
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mayb the 700 jobs are related to the SuperGP and the reporting is awry ? Wouldn't be the first time ......
He may have meant if the SuperGP is canned 700 jobs would go and V8 HQ would take its bat and ball elsewhere as well ?
Old 7 Dec 2009, 01:58 (Ref:2595204)   #12
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR View Post
They have plenty of $$$$$$, did not they make a $400million profit a couple of years ago.So money is not the problem
Don't recall them ever making anything near that. If that were true the teams (who get 75% of the profit) would have been pulling down in the region of $10 mill each and they are nowhere near that. I'd suggest that its around a tenth of that figure from the numbers that I've heard from teams.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 04:12 (Ref:2595251)   #13
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he might be talking about all the teams as well when he says 700.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 06:07 (Ref:2595283)   #14
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what about the cricket bat

bet Coch0 was first to take his cricket bat & go home for the most insignificant of ....
Old 7 Dec 2009, 06:16 (Ref:2595284)   #15
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could TC be some kind of human fly, where everything he sees is multiplied by 20?
Old 7 Dec 2009, 06:51 (Ref:2595291)   #16
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
700 jobs? Wonder if the ATO is aware of this - pretty certain they wouldn't be paying tax on 700 salaries.

Maybe this is why Cocho is prepared to go to jail? (Hmmm wouldn't he then be barred from holding a directorship with any Australian company?)
Old 7 Dec 2009, 06:57 (Ref:2595293)   #17
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
I think he might be talking about all the teams as well when he says 700.

Funny but half of those would be based in Melbourne then....
Old 7 Dec 2009, 08:11 (Ref:2595312)   #18
kramer
Racer

kramer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe the 700 comes from the same place as his crowd figures.

Seriously, this guy has the most fragile ego of all time - can't TAKE any criticism. Ask any journalist what happens when you criticise him or his series.

Kramer
Old 7 Dec 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2595626)   #19
Juarez Jed
Veteran

When the V8 HQ was originally built on the Gold Coast, it may have been announced that it was creating 700 jobs ? Can anyone remember ? Does anyone care ? If so, I'm sure those concretors, sparkies, chippies and even mobile coffee van drivers would have moved on by now, and would be earning their incomes from some other source than V8 supercars
Old 7 Dec 2009, 20:46 (Ref:2595684)   #20
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post
Funny but half of those would be based in Melbourne then....
And they Townsvillie Supercar heartland........ Oh, sorry, I forgot that you can't play any other sport that AFL in Mexico.
Old 7 Dec 2009, 23:17 (Ref:2595809)   #21
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just to prove that the Gold Coast City Council have no idea...
Old 7 Dec 2009, 23:36 (Ref:2595817)   #22
Juarez Jed
Veteran

They would never dream of closing down an athletics club though would they ? Again motorsports are the unwanted & unloved.
Its funny how someone you have admired as a past-Olympian can turn out to be a real knob isn't it ?
Old 10 Jun 2010, 09:04 (Ref:2708077)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looks like a UFO almost succeeded in doing what the original thread post suggests

Article Here

UFO = Unidentified Ford Object... I mean a Falcon in Red! I didn't think Ford made such an animal
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Jun 2010, 11:20 (Ref:2708161)   #24
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
“The driver, who appeared to be of Indian decent"

I guess they don't teach spelling at journalism school nowadays............
Old 10 Jun 2010, 12:16 (Ref:2708193)   #25
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Are you suggesting he was indecent?