Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 24 Aug 2019, 12:20 (Ref:3923988)   #76
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Completely pointless, just like the Evoque cabrio. No doubt VW will shift loads of them.....
Old 24 Aug 2019, 22:09 (Ref:3924033)   #77
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post

Second thought, it looks like one of those battery powered kids cars,
THIS!
Old 26 Aug 2019, 16:42 (Ref:3924236)   #78
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I think it looks cute. But it must weight like a Bentley.
Old 26 Aug 2019, 19:00 (Ref:3924259)   #79
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I think it looks cute. But it must weight like a Bentley.
So, that’s one sold, then....
Old 26 Aug 2019, 19:17 (Ref:3924260)   #80
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Completely pointless, just like the Evoque cabrio.
What is the point of any Cabriolet?
Old 28 Aug 2019, 04:29 (Ref:3924444)   #81
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Seems VW have history on the concept. 1990 Biagini Passo…..

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...i-1991.332089/
Old 4 Sep 2019, 14:43 (Ref:3925804)   #82
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Porsche Taycan

'Porsche says the Taycan’s two electric motors, producing a combined 616bhp and 627lb ft of torque in the Turbo, deliver a 0-62mph time of 3.2sec. In the Turbo S, meanwhile, they hit a peak of 750bhp and 774lb ft with an overboost function that shortens that sprint to 2.8sec. Performance is enhanced by a two-speed gearbox on the rear axle, which has a short ratio for maximum acceleration from a standstill. Depending on the selected mode the Taycan can also switch between four, rear and front-wheel drive. The Taycan has already set a Nürburgring lap record for four-door, all-electric sports cars with a time of 7min 42sec – around the same as the 997-generation 911 GT3 achieved at the track. '

Old 5 Sep 2019, 15:17 (Ref:3926005)   #83
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Porsche Taycan

'Porsche says the Taycan’s two electric motors, producing a combined 616bhp and 627lb ft of torque in the Turbo, deliver a 0-62mph time of 3.2sec. In the Turbo S, meanwhile, they hit a peak of 750bhp and 774lb ft with an overboost function that shortens that sprint to 2.8sec.'
'Turbo' and 'Turbo S'

Impressive engineering, less impressive naming.
Old 5 Sep 2019, 15:31 (Ref:3926009)   #84
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
'Turbo' and 'Turbo S'

Well you need to identify the 'Super' versions from the normal somehow.

I blame the users of older PCs for this:

The king of impressive naming crown must go to Subaru though surely for:
'Impreza WRX-STI-tS-TYPE-RA-NBR-Challenge-Package' or
'Impreza WRX STI Type R coupe Version 6 Limited'
Old 5 Sep 2019, 16:51 (Ref:3926023)   #85
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
'Turbo' and 'Turbo S'

I was just about to ask, isn't this an electric car?
Old 5 Sep 2019, 17:17 (Ref:3926031)   #86
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I was just about to ask, isn't this an electric car?
Indeed. According to Autocar magazine last week the names were ‘in line with Porsche’s naming convention’.........
Old 6 Sep 2019, 10:12 (Ref:3926162)   #87
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Leaked image of Ferrari 812 Superfast Convertible:

Old 9 Sep 2019, 10:37 (Ref:3926856)   #88
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Leaked image of Ferrari 812 Superfast Convertible:
Revealed with official title of 812 GTS:

'The GTS echoes the Superfast’s specification, using a naturally aspirated 6.5-litre V12, delivering 780bhp at 8500rpm and 530lb ft of torque at 7000rpm with a top speed of 211mph.
Ferrari says performance levels are “very close” to those of the berlinetta, claiming a 0-62mph time of less than three seconds compared with the Superfast’s 2.9sec. '

Old 9 Sep 2019, 10:39 (Ref:3926857)   #89
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Ferrari F8 Spider:

'Described as “less extreme than the 488 Pista Spider but sportier than the 488 Spider” which it replaces, the F8 Spider gets the same 710bhp version of Ferrari’s 3.9-litre V8 engine as the F8 Tributo, meaning the same power output as the limited-run 488 Pista and the car’s biggest rival, the McLaren 720S Spider.

The twin-turbocharged engine helps propel the F8 Spider from 0-62mph time in 2.9sec (0.1sec faster than the 488 Spider), 0-124mph in 8.2sec and a top speed of 211mph. The Ferrari’s top speed is just 1mph shy of its Woking rival.'

Old 9 Sep 2019, 10:41 (Ref:3926858)   #90
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
And if the Ferraris were not exotic enough - Bentley 12 Blower

'Bentley will make 12 new versions of its famous 1929 4.5-litre supercharged Blower, in what it claims to be the first-ever continuation run of a pre-war race car.
The 12 Blower Continuation Series models – one for each race that the original four chassis competed in – will be identical to the originals bare minor updates for safety. They will retain a pressed steel frame, leaf spring suspension and 400mm mechanical drum brakes, along with the original car’s supercharged four-cylinder 16-valve 4398cc engine, which makes 240bhp.'

Old 9 Sep 2019, 11:45 (Ref:3926871)   #91
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:

'Bentley will make 12 new versions of its famous 1929 4.5-litre supercharged Blower, in what it claims to be the first-ever continuation run of a pre-war race car.
The 12 Blower Continuation Series models – one for each race that the original four chassis competed in – will be identical to the originals bare minor updates for safety. They will retain a pressed steel frame, leaf spring suspension and 400mm mechanical drum brakes, along with the original car’s supercharged four-cylinder 16-valve 4398cc engine, which makes 240bhp.'
Is it April 1st already? I can foresee some ruffled feathers in the Historic Racing world and Bentley Drivers Club........

I’m going to see if we can copy the post to Historic Racing Today....
Old 9 Sep 2019, 12:15 (Ref:3926880)   #92
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Ok, that is kinda cool. And nice to see not trying to update or improve the cars much, surprised they didn't try to update and hide disk brakes in there somehow.
Old 9 Sep 2019, 19:45 (Ref:3926980)   #93
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
The 812 GTS is the first mass-production V12 droptop by Ferrari since the 365 "Daytona" GTS.
Old 10 Sep 2019, 09:30 (Ref:3927107)   #94
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Bugatti Chiron Super Sport 300+

The Super Sport 300+ uses an uprated version of the Chiron's quad-turbocharged 8.0-litre W16 engine to produce 1578bhp - a 100bhp increase. A longer-ratio gearbox has been fitted to reach top speeds of more than 300mph, compared with the Chiron's restricted 261mph; the Super Sport 300+ will also be electronically limited out of the factory, but Bugatti has yet to reveal what its limit will be.

Old 10 Sep 2019, 09:32 (Ref:3927108)   #95
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Lamborghini Sian

'The Aventador SVJ’s naturally aspirated 6.5-litre 12-cylinder unit has been uprated from 759 to 774bhp with the addition of titanium intake valves, and is mated to a 48v electric motor producing 34bhp, for a combined total output of 808bhp. In what Lamborghini claims is a first for low-voltage hybrid powertrains, the electric motor is integrated into the gearbox and connected to the wheels for low-speed reversing and parking manoeuvres. The charismatic sound of the V12, Lamborghini assures, has been preserved.'

Old 11 Sep 2019, 06:40 (Ref:3927275)   #96
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Can’t wait to hear posters reactions to the front end of the CONCEPT BMW 4 series Coupe at Frankfurt.....

Sorry I haven’t got any pics, but no doubt they will appear at some point!
Old 11 Sep 2019, 07:05 (Ref:3927277)   #97
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
YouTube link to First video on a web search.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=393i9guyyVQ

I feel the best way to describe it without troubling the Autocensor would be....distinctive in a vomit inducing way.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 07:44 (Ref:3927282)   #98
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
YouTube link to First video on a web search.

I feel the best way to describe it without troubling the Autocensor would be....distinctive in a vomit inducing way.
In truth, I accessed some pics but decided to shut them out of my memory.....
Old 11 Sep 2019, 09:06 (Ref:3927297)   #99
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That bloody grille!
Representative of the original 328 from history they say.... IIRC that was tall, angled back and quite slim, not short, fat and falling forwards. Good riddance.
Old 11 Sep 2019, 09:20 (Ref:3927310)   #100
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
That bloody grille!
Representative of the original 328 from history they say.... IIRC that was tall, angled back and quite slim, not short, fat and falling forwards. Good riddance.
Look identical to my eyes:

I've found an angle from which the car (and grille) does look good though: