Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Apr 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3052512)   #1
car35
Rookie

United Kingdom
east anglia
car35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thankyou to SRGT

After a two year absence I entered the opening round of the SRGT at Silverstone only for the gearbox to lock as I lifted the clutch and put me in the pit wall on the first corner of practise. Luckily I was going slow because I couldnt select a gear but the damage certainly looked bad enough.

As I returned to the paddock Cheng Lim was already working out the possability of getting me out whilst Myles Castaldini dismantled the car.

Cheng appeared with a rad and Bruce even opened Competition Supplies to get us an oil cooler and hose. Formulavee loaned us a welder and lots of banging and bending later the front frame was straightened with rad and cooler in place. Then with the assistance of more people than I can mention the front body was fitted and the car ready to be passed just as we were called.

It was just left for me to go from the back to the front which I just about managed to do finishing second.

This is what club racing is about, mates having fun and a nicer bunch of people you will not meet so if you have a sports, gt even saloon car built before 1980 you could do far worse than an outing with the SRGT.

Thankyou all, I really cant believe you did it and judging by the faces of the Marshalls I dont think anyone else did.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 06:37 (Ref:3052693)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good to hear stories like this.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 06:40 (Ref:3052694)   #3
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice one guys.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 07:33 (Ref:3052719)   #4
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Good to hear stories like this.
Absolutely Peter. Lovely story, CAR35. Long may it continue.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 09:22 (Ref:3052756)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great story, great spirit; restores faith in human nature. Well done to all concerned.
Old 3 Apr 2012, 13:39 (Ref:3052885)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
The SRGTC still remains the one of the most friendliest and fun series in club motorsport, long may it continue. Here's a few paddock shots courtesy of tenths member dtype38
Attached Thumbnails
02.jpg   05.jpg   06.jpg  

07.jpg   12.jpg  
Old 3 Apr 2012, 19:52 (Ref:3053101)   #7
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at that last one I wonder if we shouldn't revive the caption comp.
Old 10 Apr 2012, 21:45 (Ref:3056810)   #8
JBarrettCommentator
Rookie

JBarrettCommentator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a nice suprise to see the Cobra back out in the race John.
Video of the race here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scdLl...16AUAAAAAAAFAA
Old 11 Apr 2012, 06:03 (Ref:3056931)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's amazing really, the car appears to start off as a D Type and by the time it's finished it's a white (ish) Cobra. Great work.