Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 May 2009, 02:23 (Ref:2460570)   #1
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Ferrari to hold board meeting to discuss future in F1

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/story/?id=278356

Quote:
Amid growing tension between FIA, the governing body of motorsport, and Ferrari, the board of directors of the F1 team announced they plan to meet Tuesday to discuss the team's future in the sport.
Old 12 May 2009, 07:38 (Ref:2460650)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Well let's hope that they see some sense and can also save their shareholders a bit of money in the process.
Old 12 May 2009, 07:47 (Ref:2460658)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out.
Old 12 May 2009, 07:59 (Ref:2460666)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
CRIKEY!
Old 12 May 2009, 08:09 (Ref:2460680)   #5
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Couldn't agree more. And it's not becaouse it's Ferrari. I feel the same about any team on it's own trying to renagotiate their terms in F1.

I wonder if Bernie wiil give 'em special treatment this time too.

He said earlier that Ferrari gets more money when they win WCC than other teams.
Now, he might start giving them more money than to WCC winner

I just don't understand attitude 'team is bigger than sport'....
Old 12 May 2009, 08:10 (Ref:2460682)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's just the usual handbaggery from Ferrari. And even if RBR and Toyota are supporting it, if they do leave there's no loss.
Old 12 May 2009, 09:52 (Ref:2460739)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
What they need to do is build an IndyCar to show how serious they are. I bet they would never think of that!
Old 12 May 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2460771)   #8
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It just underscores how tedious this schoolboy stuff's becoming. This brinkmanship on the part of Max, Bernie and the teams is insulting and disrespectful to the fans and viewers that watch and support Formula One.
Old 12 May 2009, 10:49 (Ref:2460774)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore View Post
What they need to do is build an IndyCar to show how serious they are. I bet they would never think of that!
An organisation like that has probably got an old one lying around somewhere.
Old 12 May 2009, 10:50 (Ref:2460776)   #10
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please Please Please build an LMP1!
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna
Old 12 May 2009, 10:58 (Ref:2460781)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntt View Post
Please Please Please build an LMP1!
Possibly not a good idea judging by what normally happens when a spoilt kid turns up with a brand new toy.

Tony Purnell (FIA) reckons they won't budge.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75267
Old 12 May 2009, 11:43 (Ref:2460823)   #12
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that's the typically italian "ask for 100 to obtain 50".
Ferrari have threaten to leave but that's actually a ploy to make FIA reduce the gap between capped and uncapped teams, or, alternatively, to raise the cap.

You know: alot of Ferrari's providers give them stuff FOC, for the sake of marking themselves as "Official Ferrari provider". Therefore the Maranello boys would get big advantages from a budget cap, cos they could, with the same amount of dosh, purchase much more than their competitors.
Old 12 May 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2460879)   #13
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Flyin Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
An organisation like that has probably got an old one lying around somewhere.

At least the engine anyway (which blew almost every race).

It'd kinda make sense somewhat. Their largest market is the U.S.

Although just to show this isn't a new thing with Ferrari, listen to Jackie Stewart at Long Beach in 1987. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WjYWQbDStk

Quote:
I think that's a bit unfair. I don't care for racing politics and Ferrari's certainly known for them but Formula One will lose a good portion of its fanbase if Ferrari weren't there. Probably not in Britain because that's how the British are, but elsewhere in the world. For racing to be successful, regardless of if we're talking Formula One or the local quarter-mile, it has to have a few constants that the person can tune into every race and will see there, and for Formula One that is Ferrari (and McLaren but at a couple levels beneath Ferrari).
Old 12 May 2009, 12:57 (Ref:2460892)   #14
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
There were many times in the past when I "tuned" into an F1 race and Ferrari 'weren't there'.
Old 12 May 2009, 13:17 (Ref:2460904)   #15
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
There were many times in the past when I "tuned" into an F1 race and Ferrari 'weren't there'.
Scottish accent: "Oh good for you."

I was reading that website that I got the picture from above at. Here's the details of Enzo Ferrari's dalliance into CART in the mid-80s. The whole site covers in multiple parts the March/Alfa Romeo alliance. Anyone wanting a good technical history of March and the 1980s in CART would do well to read part 2. The link is to Enzo and Ferrari, part 3.

http://www.forix.com/8w/march90ca-ferrari.html
Old 12 May 2009, 13:25 (Ref:2460909)   #16
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin Ryan View Post

At least the engine anyway (which blew almost every race).

It'd kinda make sense somewhat. Their largest market is the U.S.
Coincidentally, its 1989 sister was put up for sale here on Thursday last !
Old 12 May 2009, 13:49 (Ref:2460923)   #17
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any rumours about the outcome of this meeting?
Old 12 May 2009, 15:16 (Ref:2460973)   #18
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just seen on the BBC website that they have announced that they will not enter in 2010 under present regulations. Article says that more news to follow. Personally I hope they have their bluff called on this. No team is bigger than the sport and the fact that they are already competing on better terms than everyone else is a disgrace.
Old 12 May 2009, 15:19 (Ref:2460975)   #19
Flyin Ryan
Veteran

United States
Carolina del Norte
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy View Post
Personally I hope they have their bluff called on this. No team is bigger than the sport and the fact that they are already competing on better terms than everyone else is a disgrace.
Welcome to auto racing!

Reading their statement, I think it's very likely they are providing cover for a couple other teams that agree with them.
Old 12 May 2009, 15:20 (Ref:2460977)   #20
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think at the end of the day the FIA will give in to Ferrari's pressure (and the other teams) as usual and meet somewhere in the middle. The cap was already raised from 30 to £40m.
Old 12 May 2009, 15:21 (Ref:2460979)   #21
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So, following the board meeting they have said No to the entry deadline unless........

Intersting to see what happens next
Old 12 May 2009, 15:57 (Ref:2461007)   #22
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DAMN! A MEETING?
Old 12 May 2009, 15:58 (Ref:2461009)   #23
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now what if F1 has reached the point the BTCC reached after 1998(or 97?) and Le Mans after 1999 - major manufacturer exodus? Now that would be good for other series!
Old 12 May 2009, 16:04 (Ref:2461013)   #24
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
I think at the end of the day the FIA will give in to Ferrari's pressure (and the other teams) as usual and meet somewhere in the middle. The cap was already raised from 30 to £40m.

By already raising the budget cap from 30 to 40 mil they have already lost a couple of new teams.By raising it again more will follow.Now we wait to see if a bird in the hand is worth several in the bush.And who's to say that BMW,Renault and Toyota won't do a 'Honda' anyway.
Old 12 May 2009, 16:06 (Ref:2461017)   #25
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore View Post

Last time they tried that was in 1987 but it never raced. Dallara currently have the contract up until 2011 or 2013, that's if Tony George ever makes his mind up, so I don't see Ferrari building one for a while. Would be cool though. I reckon they will go the LMP1 route as that will enable them to race in the US as well as Europe and North America is a huge market.