Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 8 May 2004, 14:02 (Ref:964294)   #1
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So when exactly will we finally have FULL BLUEPRINT spec
VYs AND BAs running 2004,extension 2005,2006 LOL extension LOL!!!!!!
Old 9 May 2004, 00:16 (Ref:964666)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As long as Skaife keeps telling everyone that the Aurora is shyte, and sustains his current performance level, the other teams in the HMS group will not want to switch.

I feel sorry for the Tasman boys and girls... seems that junky engines that were at PWR last year have been passed on to these guys... although they seem better than the previous JSR sourced equipment!

I can remember Penske having an Ilmor engine some years ago, and every time it was put in a car, it was a slug, or blew up, or caused other component failures. It was identical to all the others in rotation, but this one rogue engine was just unusable... in a rare showing of defeat, the team binned it.... putting it into a show car somewhere to try and get rid of the bad luck it brought!!!

Some teams that have run both the Aurora and the VX engine have found there is very little difference between them, the Aurora is slightly worse in some cases....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 May 2004, 06:43 (Ref:964772)   #3
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Both engines that the Holden teams run conform to blueprint specs .
Old 9 May 2004, 06:58 (Ref:964775)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes they do, but the HMS powerplants were redeveloped over the off season to Blueprint spec, as previously the engines contained lightweight parts.
Old 9 May 2004, 07:18 (Ref:964787)   #5
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
I feel sorry for the Tasman boys and girls... seems that junky engines that were at PWR last year have been passed on to these guys... although they seem better than the previous JSR sourced equipment!
LRT engines came from Dave Morris at Race Engine Developments (RED) in Melb. Currently performance would appear to be very similar.
Old 9 May 2004, 21:22 (Ref:965916)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Not quite... there are specific units in the rotation that were not loved by the 2003 title contender... and they were in the car in practice at big meetings like Bathurst... despite the driver's distaste for them....

Not all HMS engines are the same, and this is something someone very close to the inner sanctum also tried to tell me... while I always thought business dealings were entirely honourable in this area...
Old 9 May 2004, 21:59 (Ref:965953)   #7
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If money and time permits (TLC), there will always be some engines with just a littler more edge than others even though assembled and tested in the same workshop.

Mike
Old 10 May 2004, 05:57 (Ref:966119)   #8
Also a Believer
Veteran

Also a Believer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How about in the interest of closer racing the engines be manufactured and sealed and supplied to the teams, would bring FPR forward.

Before you shoot me down I was just kidding, we are never going to see equallity in engines it is another avenue of the more money you spend the better they perform anthough there is one obvious exception to the rule
Old 10 May 2004, 10:18 (Ref:966323)   #9
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
That's how Mitsubishi/Toyota could enter the series, official engine supplier!

Last edited by 1200Datto27; 10 May 2004 at 10:19.
Old 11 May 2004, 02:59 (Ref:967144)   #10
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Peregrine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Bigguy
A little history lesson....

Project Blueprint was signed off by Holden, and, come on, help me here... F O R D .

So if you have a problem with the outcome, take it up with whoever you think sold you out.

I am not a Holden fan, just sick of the bleating. I would be just as peed off if the whinge was from the other side....
Yes, Project Redprint was signed off by both Ford and Holden. Only problem is that the original spec has not been adhered to. Why is Holden still allowed to run any number of *******ised variations of the Commodore some 15 months after it was signed off ? Can you also tell me why there has been no "calculations" done as specified in Redprint to measure the parity between makes after every 4 rounds as originally slated ?
Old 11 May 2004, 03:07 (Ref:967150)   #11
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are there enough full-spec blueprint VY's to do it?
Old 11 May 2004, 03:18 (Ref:967155)   #12
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Valid point !!!
Old 11 May 2004, 23:09 (Ref:968218)   #13
v8fan
Rookie

v8fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i really don't understand all this redprint ****. at the end of the day parity was the desired effect, with a championship in the bag and the current lead i fail to see where all the constant whinging is coming from. i also fail to see where running the old engine is an advantage either, the change will have to be made eventually and at this stage of the game the old engine shows no more pace than the new anyway. if it is ford dominance being the parity so desired then it will never be achieved, just even competition.
Old 11 May 2004, 23:13 (Ref:968221)   #14
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the problem is it isn't Ford domination - usual results go :

1stFord 2nd Holden 3rd Holden 4th Holden 5th Holden 6th Holden 7th Ford 8th Holden 9th Holden 10th Holden
Old 11 May 2004, 23:29 (Ref:968225)   #15
Bigguy
Racer

Bigguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SRabbit
the problem is it isn't Ford domination - usual results go :

1stFord 2nd Holden 3rd Holden 4th Holden 5th Holden 6th Holden 7th Ford 8th Holden 9th Holden 10th Holden
But surely this demonstrates that a Ford CAN win under the current parity, so the problem is not parity, but the ability of the other Fords to get their act together?
Old 12 May 2004, 00:53 (Ref:968252)   #16
jaytor
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
jaytor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spot on Bigguy!
Old 12 May 2004, 01:56 (Ref:968278)   #17
v8fan
Rookie

v8fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
definately, clasping defeat from the jaws of victory or simply consistently making errors or having bad luck is as realted to parity as my shoelace. i can understand the frustration, but look at race 1 nz. ford, holden, ford, holden, ford, holden top 6.
Old 12 May 2004, 02:09 (Ref:968280)   #18
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We have rules that where signed off by both manufacturers and now we have one side coming up with excuses.
The problem is nothing to do with one engine is better or worse than the other, its the fact that the rules have been rewritten, making a mockery of the whole process.

A cynic would say the Holden teams have recognised the Aurora needs more work than initially thought to get up to speed and are buying time with these excuses
Old 12 May 2004, 03:06 (Ref:968293)   #19
SRabbit
Veteran

SRabbit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember when the initial testing was done to take the downforce measurements that the Holdens had significantly higher levels in the front end when the radiator was placed in different locations. Does Blueprint only allow for the new radiator position with the new engine - or can they have the position with the greater downforce whilst the old engine is still installed?
Old 12 May 2004, 06:16 (Ref:968339)   #20
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Those in the red corner seem to be missing my point that Redprint has been agreed to but the Red side are not adhering to it and those in a position to enforce it are not.......simple to follow I would have thought.
Old 12 May 2004, 07:13 (Ref:968364)   #21
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spot on Peregrine. I wonder what the likes of Perkins would do if it were Ford dragging there feet
Old 12 May 2004, 08:43 (Ref:968426)   #22
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
arcasm light on:

In the interests of parity, in 2005 all teams will be allocated control tyres, ECU and gearboxes.

Unless of course you want to use your own gear from last year because you think it's better...

arcasm light off:
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 12 May 2004, 10:04 (Ref:968491)   #23
Grimace
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Peregrine
Those in the red corner seem to be missing my point that Redprint has been agreed to but the Red side are not adhering to it and those in a position to enforce it are not.......simple to follow I would have thought.
Peregrine is TOTALLY correct!!!!

The RED side wont comply 17 MONTHS LATER !!!!!!!!!!!

Bright won this year in a NON BLUEPRINT COMPLIANT VY!!!

RED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>extensions, extensions, we need extensions etc etc etc
Old 12 May 2004, 10:08 (Ref:968492)   #24
Grimace
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Conrod Kieron
Spot on Peregrine. I wonder what the likes of Perkins would do if it were Ford dragging there feet
Perkins would be screaming for justice if the tables were turned .........................................

I F a NON BLUEPRINT COMPLIANT Falcon was winning 17 months later and all VYs were full Blueprint compliant.

The red side has to agree!
Old 12 May 2004, 10:30 (Ref:968519)   #25
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peregrine
You're coming through loud and clear Peregrine, and no fair minded person could disagree with your argument.
Can anyone please shed any light on the engine location of the VY spec Commodore with the old engine? Is it further back in the engine bay as was the VX spec or further forward as the blueprint spec?