Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Jul 2018, 17:39 (Ref:3835246)   #651
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think this thread has shown we are still capable (as humans) of actually having a sensible discussion of a topic with varying points of view. that makes me happy.

I can't add much to what has already been said, but I will expand on the brilliance of RLM. In IMSA they cover all the support races and stream them live. I have been listening to the support races this year, and Jeremy and John and Shea have done a tremendous job covering these races. I know very little about the drivers in the races, yet they have still been able to make the races interesting to me. For instance, last week at Watkins, in one of the Porsche Cup races a car didn't make it off pitlane for the pace lap and they were describing the work going on and John was getting excited about the car having to hurry to make it out of the pits before the pitlane closed and the driver would go down a lap. This wasn't one of the favorites for the race or anything, but the excitement involved in the call captured the drama of the race for that individual so well that I thought it was me stuck in the pitlane!
Old 26 Aug 2018, 10:50 (Ref:3846143)   #652
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am a big Radio LeMans fan - as well as mid week motorsport. What has happened to Graham G, Marshal P and Sam Collins on mid week show? Always enjoyed Graham's sports car update and Sam's technical discussions.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 11:41 (Ref:3846172)   #653
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Marshall and Graham do the week in sportscar podcast (see Marshall Pruett Podcast) and Sam is pursuing politcal ambitions as well as SuperGT commentary.
Old 26 Aug 2018, 14:20 (Ref:3846235)   #654
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Do they have anyone good replacing them?
Old 26 Aug 2018, 15:45 (Ref:3846284)   #655
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think RLM are using more 'occasional guests' to supplement the core team these days - which does mean we get more variety, but more style clashes (Marriott not letting Trussers finish a single sentence in 6 hours for instance)

Whether this is a conscious/willing decision, I don't know
Old 27 Aug 2018, 22:56 (Ref:3846617)   #656
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do like Andrew Marriott as a pit lane reports. Loads of enthusism and great insight. Sorry to hear that Graham won't be heard on mid week.
Old 28 Aug 2018, 04:03 (Ref:3846649)   #657
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Radio Le Mans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake dust View Post
I do like Andrew Marriott as a pit lane reports. Loads of enthusism and great insight. Sorry to hear that Graham won't be heard on mid week.

I really enjoy Andrews pitlane work especially his enthusiasm which I particularly admire and makes me smile every time he appears on coverage.

Regarding Midweek Motorsport I’m still a big fan of the crew but with Graham Goodwin and Marshall Pruett doing their own thing i do find myself listening to MM less these days as those two were my favourite contributors. Still enjoy MM for the guests they have though.
Old 28 Aug 2018, 18:33 (Ref:3846763)   #658
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
I fast forward through almost all the guests these days unfortunately. Most of them I simply couldn't care less about.
Old 23 Oct 2018, 15:49 (Ref:3858638)   #659
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Since Marshall and Graham do their own podcast, do they still have any connection to the RadioLeMans.com group? Or are they divorced so to speak now?
Old 23 Oct 2018, 18:34 (Ref:3858682)   #660
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've no idea at all. Perhaps Graham will come on here and tell you......
Old 30 Oct 2018, 16:56 (Ref:3859983)   #661
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Graham still does the ELMS commentary, which I think is provided by RSL. I doubt they are "divorced". Sadly, I haven't had time to listen to MWM or the new MP/GG podcasts for months.
Old 2 Nov 2018, 06:59 (Ref:3860492)   #662
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I really enjoy the MP/GG podcast - it keeps me company on my drives around for business.

I have got a little bored with MWM - too much off topic banter for me these days
Old 4 Nov 2018, 22:08 (Ref:3860979)   #663
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I really enjoy the MP/GG podcast - it keeps me company on my drives around for business.

I have got a little bored with MWM - too much off topic banter for me these days
Yes I have been listening to Midweek motorsport WAY less since the Pruett/Goodwin podcast started running. S365 podcast is awesome too.
Old 5 Nov 2018, 18:09 (Ref:3861174)   #664
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Funny isn't it - I never listen to MWM. For me, RLM is a Le Mans thing.....
Old 14 Nov 2018, 17:03 (Ref:3863322)   #665
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Funny isn't it - I never listen to MWM. For me, RLM is a Le Mans thing.....

I was on RLM at the weekend as they were covering our Race of Remembrance
Old 18 Nov 2018, 21:56 (Ref:3864045)   #666
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Pretty disappointing that RLM guys think it is ok to spoil the results of other ongoing or already finished race.

Earlier tonight during the 24h of Cota broadcast Hindy decided to out of nowhere congratulate Aston Martin for winning GTE. Then Shea semi-jokingly said "spoiler alert" and the other guy (forgetting the name again) spoiled also the overall winner referencing how boring the race apparently was.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 08:41 (Ref:3864154)   #667
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Pretty disappointing that RLM guys think it is ok to spoil the results of other ongoing or already finished race.

Earlier tonight during the 24h of Cota broadcast Hindy decided to out of nowhere congratulate Aston Martin for winning GTE. Then Shea semi-jokingly said "spoiler alert" and the other guy (forgetting the name again) spoiled also the overall winner referencing how boring the race apparently was.
So a radio station whose content is about sports car racing shouldn't talk about the results of sports car races which finished hours earlier (and which they had already broadcast live), just in case you hadn't seen the result yet?
Old 19 Nov 2018, 08:54 (Ref:3864159)   #668
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
So a radio station whose content is about sports car racing shouldn't talk about the results of sports car races which finished hours earlier (and which they had already broadcast live), just in case you hadn't seen the result yet?
Eh, I see deggis point here. You can't watch both live (with sound, anyway), so if you're planning on watching one after the other, or WEC tape delayed (because of the anti-social start times) then it does ruin it.

I do watch the WEC tape delays for the Asian races, and I know to avoid social media and Ten Tenths. Now I know to avoid RLM as well, which is a shame.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 09:45 (Ref:3864170)   #669
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Of course there is a strong resistance to posting results on the MWM Collective without a very big "Spoiler" warning ... I'd tend to the theory of cock up rather than conspiracy in this case.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 18:39 (Ref:3864293)   #670
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m not sure the rest of the world should not talk about something just to please someone who has chosen to wait to watch. Even if on at the same time. Others might like to here what is going on concurrently.

I tend to watch delayed too.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3864295)   #671
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Maybe they shouldn't when it had only finished half a day ago - not a week ago and it is known as a race with less ideal start time for Europe. There was no need to bring up the WEC race result at all, because the series are unrelated.

What made this worse is that while Hindy's mentioning of the GTE winner may have been somewhat accidental, the other guy did it knowingly. He reminded me of those people on the web and in real life who get satisfaction from spoiling movie plots for others.
Old 7 Dec 2018, 11:14 (Ref:3868510)   #672
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
So it's not even referred to as Radio Le Mans anymore but rather 'RS1'.

And John Dagys has replaced Graham Goodwin on MWM (and immediately spread falsehoods about the new LMP regs). I think everybody can see where this is going...
Old 7 Dec 2018, 13:02 (Ref:3868531)   #673
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They've referred to it as the RS network of channels for a good few years now I think.
Old 7 Dec 2018, 13:13 (Ref:3868534)   #674
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

True, but even during MWM they still referred to the actual station as Radio Le Mans.
Old 7 Dec 2018, 14:28 (Ref:3868568)   #675
MaskedRacer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
So it's not even referred to as Radio Le Mans anymore but rather 'RS1'.

And John Dagys has replaced Graham Goodwin on MWM (and immediately spread falsehoods about the new LMP regs). I think everybody can see where this is going...

No I don't know where this is going. Can you elaborate sir? What was so false about what John Dagys said by the way? I like Mr. Dagys a lot myself. I was surprised to see him on MWM I must say.

Its enough to confirm my suspicion. Graham and Marshall are completely out of the picture with Midweek Motorsport now. Replaced more or less by Shea Adam, occasional appearances by Johnny Palmer. and for now John Dagys. Lets see if that is a one-off or it comes more regular.