Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Dec 2007, 18:20 (Ref:2092163)   #1
GroupC4ever
Rookie

GroupC4ever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Manufactures you would like to see enter into Sportscars?

Is there any manufactures you would like to see enter into sportscars who currently aren't?

I myself would like to see a return of Nissan and Toyota in LMP-1. It would be great to see both of them in ALMS and LMS plus the 24 hours of Le Mans.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Ford LMP-1 under the Ford banner in ALMS and under the Jaguar banner in LMS.

What do you think?
Old 19 Dec 2007, 18:33 (Ref:2092168)   #2
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it'd be nice to see the Carrera GT and Koenigsegg that were "built" for GT1 a while back.

I'd love to see my own manufacturer at Le Mans; the Yorath LMP1 has a nice ring to it
Old 19 Dec 2007, 18:52 (Ref:2092184)   #3
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd like to see Caddilac, but that may actually be happening and a factory supported Viper effort from Dodge would be pretty sweet. However, the biggest I would like to see in ALMS/LMS would be BMW and M-B.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 19:00 (Ref:2092192)   #4
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
The clash of the titans: Porsche versus Ferrari in LMP1 closed prototypes at Le Mans.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 19:31 (Ref:2092212)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
In LMP1: Toyota (or Lexus), Nissan and of course Ferrari and Porsche.

But every manufacturer is welcome in sportscar racing (from Dacia to Volvo).
Old 19 Dec 2007, 19:44 (Ref:2092226)   #6
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaguar, they should be in it. Jaguar and Le-mans go together like Tea and Biscuits, Like Egg and Steak, Like Eric B And Rakim, Like Jordan and the Bulls and many other accompaniments/Pairings we've all come to love/know. I'd Love Mazda to give it a proper go, not some hash-up branding we are seeing. Toyota, Nissan, Ferrari, Porsche (all LMP1 of course) Id also like to see a manufacture from South Korea, Hyundai or Kia.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 19:46 (Ref:2092229)   #7
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
I forgot Jaguar.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 19:49 (Ref:2092231)   #8
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
How about we cut this thread short, and just say we'd like to see everybody who is not involved now?
Old 19 Dec 2007, 19:52 (Ref:2092234)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
How about we cut this thread short, and just say we'd like to see everybody who is not involved now?
YES (except Mercedes...)
Old 19 Dec 2007, 20:06 (Ref:2092246)   #10
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd not only like to see Jaguar at Le Mans, they bloody well need to be there, their sporting image is absolutely rock bottom, they're back with their old man image.

Jaguars now almost forgotte F1 escapade proves a manufactuer has to choose their program very carefully.

We all realise F1 recieves mega publicity, but I'm convinced Jaguars sporting image and cool factor would have been transformed if they'd returned to Le Mans/LMS/ALMS with a P1 program.

Hopefully the Apex GT3 XKR program will grow into something bigger very soon, Jaguar sure do need it to.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 20:34 (Ref:2092267)   #11
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Subaru in LMP2 with their WRX turbo engine....They would flame Porsche's butts....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 19 Dec 2007, 20:40 (Ref:2092272)   #12
XJR88
Rookie

England
England
XJR88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
Subaru in LMP2 with their WRX turbo engine....They would flame Porsche's butts....
Now there's an offbeat idea....but I like it Personally I'd love to see Jaguar back
Old 19 Dec 2007, 22:09 (Ref:2092340)   #13
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like the idea of a spyker prototype. Orange is a winner's colour!

And yeah, no M-B, YUCK. They'd end up being big, white with massive wheels and tinted screens. And they'd install ICE and still win...
Old 19 Dec 2007, 22:33 (Ref:2092352)   #14
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to see a Ford vs. Chevy battle in LMP1 here in the ALMS. Then continue the fight at Le Mans against the rest of the world.
Old 19 Dec 2007, 22:43 (Ref:2092356)   #15
johntt
Veteran

England
England
johntt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMP1 (all closed top)
Porsche - spiritual sucessor to the GT1 '98, mainly customer cars and a few works.
Toyota - petrol-electric hybrid
Corvette - C6 based LMP:

Aston Martin - AMR3, DBR9 styling.
Renault - diesel.
Jaguar - sucessor to XJR racing cars (XJR-18)

GT1
Ferrari 599
Porsche 911 GT2
Mercedes SLR McLaren
Nissan GT-R
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." -Ayrton Senna