Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Apr 2008, 16:09 (Ref:2173957)   #1
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The Le Mans 2008 Ten tenths meeting thread

I think it's time to start the preparation of our traditionnal meeting for the long, long day.
Place, date, invitations, choice of wines, etc...
Old 9 Apr 2008, 17:18 (Ref:2173994)   #2
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
First question (and perhaps Ayse already knows the answer), will Fab be attending the race this year?
Old 9 Apr 2008, 18:09 (Ref:2174023)   #3
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd like to suggest www.winghouse.com as a meeting place...
Old 9 Apr 2008, 18:13 (Ref:2174030)   #4
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice thought HW but its a long way from LeMans Village!

Now as I have already replied to Ayse in the LeMans 2008 thread same time same place cos the "Big Pin" needs dusting off! I promise I will make it this year!
Old 9 Apr 2008, 18:40 (Ref:2174055)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had not thought about this one yet. I would say in the same spot as last year at 11.30am which will give people enough time to see the Group C race and get to the meeting point.
Old 9 Apr 2008, 19:31 (Ref:2174086)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
I had not thought about this one yet. I would say in the same spot as last year at 11.30am which will give people enough time to see the Group C race and get to the meeting point.
The legends race starts at 10.15 and lasts 1 hour, so I think 12,00 would be better, it give people a chance to watch the race, collect a few things from the campsites and then wander to the village. Lets hope it's not raining I looked silly last year in a rain jacket.
Old 9 Apr 2008, 20:28 (Ref:2174116)   #7
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really want to make this one. Was at Le Mans last year, but as it was my first time I :-

a)forgot about it as I was exploring the circuit for the first time, and
b)wasn't sure where to go!

Been a 10/10th member long enough now, its time I met some of you guys/girls. Would it be to much to ask if someone took an A3 sheet of paper with Ten-Tenths written on it, so I know im with the right bunch!
Old 9 Apr 2008, 22:59 (Ref:2174197)   #8
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugewally
I'd like to suggest www.winghouse.com as a meeting place...
There used to be a couple of tents at Le Mans which served up similar fare, but they disappeared a few years back.

Is the Group C race definitely of one hour duration this time? Hope so, half an hour was deemed long enough in 2004 (and I felt a bit short changed).
Old 10 Apr 2008, 07:42 (Ref:2174307)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks to Pascal for starting this thread - I was secretly hoping he would when I mentioned this in the main thread........

Quote:
Bentley03

First question (and perhaps Ayse already knows the answer), will Fab be attending the race this year?
I fear not. Although we have had some contact, Fab made it clear to me months ago that he didn't intend to come. His life has clearly moved on a pace, with family and other interests dominating his time. Perhaops there's still time? I'll try and contact him again over the weekend.

On to the main subject - I'd definitely go for the same time and spot as Rob suggests. I just need to make sure that when I take my photos this year, my camera is working properly.....

I Think the expression is 'Damn!'

Also here generally -

Tenthers at Le Mans 07

Are you there?
Old 12 Apr 2008, 18:57 (Ref:2175993)   #10
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
I will be there, of course!
the wine is ready (not chilled yet, though)

may I mention that, after last year's meeting, the pre-race on-track shows seemed VERY short to me, so the sooner the better for the meeting
Old 12 Apr 2008, 20:24 (Ref:2176055)   #11
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I will of course be in attendance, so the usual freebie mags etc...

Bernard is it you that has a restaraunt in the area? I must visit. Its just that the lovely Angelique at Le Mans Legends brings me back time after time...
Old 13 Apr 2008, 08:12 (Ref:2176252)   #12
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Thanks to Pascal for starting this thread - I was secretly hoping he would when I mentioned this in the main thread........
yes, I received a strong signal from the LM2008 thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones
OK, same spot that last year, it's a central place that every one can reach ealisy. I will post a link for the first timers.
We can begin the meeting at 11h30, even if some of us will arrive at noon or a bit later.
I will bring a brand new camera for the photo of the group. We will have bernard's one too !

About Fab, he will probably contact us one of these days. It's up to us to show him we keep the group gathered...
Old 13 Apr 2008, 12:03 (Ref:2176371)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have emailed Fab. I'm hoping for a reply......

As to Bernard having a restaurant? Is this true? We need to know!
Old 13 Apr 2008, 12:40 (Ref:2176390)   #14
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
Sam and Ayse, I'm afraid I don't own any restaurant , although we usually set up a little BBQ in tertre rouge campsite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
...I will bring a brand new camera for the photo of the group. We will have bernard's one too !....
I'm ashamed to say that the crappy over exposed picture posted above by Ayse was taken by ... myself
Old 14 Apr 2008, 15:54 (Ref:2177303)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I wasn't going to mention that........
Old 14 Apr 2008, 16:24 (Ref:2177328)   #16
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
There used to be a couple of tents at Le Mans which served up similar fare, but they disappeared a few years back.

Is the Group C race definitely of one hour duration this time? Hope so, half an hour was deemed long enough in 2004 (and I felt a bit short changed).
Jasus ..... I forgot all about that wooden hut Bentley . Was that the one with the 3 breasted lady with the lower half as a mermaid in Lizard skin ? I didnt enter , the thought frightened the crap outta me !!! LMOA

What time will the Gruop C race start at ? Will it be for 1 hour ?
Old 14 Apr 2008, 19:33 (Ref:2177473)   #17
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I can still remember some of those sideshows...... Awful though they were, the place isn't the same without them......
Old 15 Apr 2008, 20:30 (Ref:2178310)   #18
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
I'll do my best to finally make it this year...
Last year,we had a few of our party coming down at somewhere around 3:30 in the night before the meet. Obviuosly we had to celebrate their arrival with a few glasses too many..
This ment I finally hit the sack when dusk was allready showing strongly and I was on my grandstandseat just an hour before the start...

This will definitly not happen to me this year as I wouldn't want to miss the Group C race for the world(any entrylist available btw?) so I'll be wide awake and a lot fresher then last year to meet up with you lads.

Looking forward to it !
Old 17 Apr 2008, 07:35 (Ref:2179532)   #19
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ok, this is unofficial, but from what I can gather, the Group C race will start at 10:15 on the Saturday morning and run for a duration of 40 minutes. Which means the 11:30 start time which has been suggested for the meeting would be ideal.
Old 18 Apr 2008, 16:47 (Ref:2180801)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, sounds just about perfect
Old 18 Apr 2008, 17:54 (Ref:2180854)   #21
Justin Moran
Veteran

UK-ROI
St Helens
Justin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJustin Moran should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So thats 11:30 Saturday morning under the big pin in the Village!?
Old 18 Apr 2008, 21:13 (Ref:2180972)   #22
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry guys - not me. I'll be lucky enough to drag myself out of bed before the C-class start. Probably need some waking up after that.

We'll be at Maison Blanche again, pop by for a beer from our bar when you're in the neighborhood
Old 19 Apr 2008, 10:24 (Ref:2181254)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
What is it with this sleep business? I don't see letting sleep interfere with a great weekend...........
Old 20 Apr 2008, 08:06 (Ref:2181836)   #24
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy_NL
We'll be at Maison Blanche again, pop by for a beer from our bar when you're in the neighborhood
Hey , so you got into Maison Blanche again . I thought it was going to be Blue nord this year ..... thats good news then .

Paddy ..... read your pm .

Last edited by The Badger; 20 Apr 2008 at 08:13.
Old 20 Apr 2008, 08:26 (Ref:2181859)   #25
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by C9/89
So thats 11:30 Saturday morning under the big pin in the Village!?
Correct, although I'm not sure if Collins will be attending in order to pin the pin to the tree this year(?).

Incidentally, if anyone is unsure on the day of exactly where to meet, I'm happy to give my mobile number to any Tenths regular who either hasn't been to the meeting before, or who has tried and failed to find the group in the past (PM me). We can then guide you in. I'm sure we have quite a number each year who almost make it (including myself in 2005).