Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 14 Oct 2013, 19:58 (Ref:3317881)   #76
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
is it too early to ask a Mod to rename the thread 'Good news from Mallory' ?
Old 14 Oct 2013, 22:19 (Ref:3317947)   #77
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm, probably need to just call it 'news' for a bit first
Old 15 Oct 2013, 13:41 (Ref:3317973)   #78
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
It may well be interesting to listen to Midweek Motorsport tomorrow 8pm (16th October) on Radio Le Mans, where there is scheduled to be an exclusive interview with the Administrator of existing company. Perhaps it could be one more step in learning the truth ....... that's if the full truth ever comes out?

http://radiolemans.0157.org/
Old 15 Oct 2013, 14:35 (Ref:3318005)   #79
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
This looks to me that The BARC have jumped before they were pushed, and are now making a desperate attempt to try and restore some credibility.
From what I've heard and read (and not just on Ten-Tenths) my opinion of The BARC has lowered significantly: They allowed Mallory Park Motorsport Ltd to blatantly flout the 1985 noise restrictions, they have then put MPML into administration even though the company is allegedly extremely finacially solvent, plus they have created a new Mallory Park management company presumably in the hope of carrying on where MPML left off, but without the encomborance (sp?) of any unpaid debts and other inconveniences.
There's also the matter of the circuit lease prices which Titan Properties have catagorically stated that they offered to reduce, and the BARC have categorically denied such an offer was ever made. Going on the honesty shown throughout this debacle, I am not inclined to believe The BARC!
As my wife would say, "The whole thing seems rather smelly!"
It would be great if MSV did take over the running of the circuit and get the quality of the race meetings back up to where it should be. It would be just like the good old days when Mallory (along with a number of other circuits around the country) was part of the John Webb empire.
I might even dust off my old "Speed International" card! Who else remembers that?
Old 15 Oct 2013, 15:23 (Ref:3318029)   #80
paulSenna
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
paulSenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I might even dust off my old "Speed International" card! Who else remembers that?
Yes, got mine around 1973 and a season ticket for Oulton was about £12.
Old 15 Oct 2013, 15:55 (Ref:3318047)   #81
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
. . .
There's also the matter of the circuit lease prices which Titan Properties have catagorically stated that they offered to reduce, and the BARC have categorically denied such an offer was ever made. Going on the honesty shown throughout this debacle, I am not inclined to believe The BARC!. . .
My understanding is that Titan have consistently talked about a reduction but refused to put that in writing.

Jim
Old 15 Oct 2013, 19:18 (Ref:3318126)   #82
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whereas the BARC have admitted that they knew what was in the 1985 planning permission but deliberately pursued an operational strategy that flouted it. Thereby breaking planning law.