Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Feb 2015, 12:30 (Ref:3507000)   #51
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Just wish they still had the dragon livery-that was brilliant!! Part of the reason I started following Von Ryan.

Certainly one of the coolest liveries in recent times.
Old 20 Feb 2015, 14:37 (Ref:3507060)   #52
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post

that is wicked looking, i like it!
Old 20 Feb 2015, 16:35 (Ref:3507098)   #53
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Awesome to hear!!

Just wish they still had the dragon livery-that was brilliant!! Part of the reason I started following Von Ryan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post

+10K . Now in the even Beautier 650 GT3.
Old 20 Feb 2015, 18:04 (Ref:3507123)   #54
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That livery was only used because one of the drivers owns a company called Dragon Inc. The Von Ryan 650S GT3s will likely wear something different as their car didn't wear that livery after the Dragon Inc sponsorship went.

Old 20 Feb 2015, 19:50 (Ref:3507158)   #55
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Von Ryan have had three different liveries that I can remember and they've all looked really good. It's a shame to lose ART, although not unexpected, but great to see this programme.

So in de facto works teams, we have Lamborghini, Audi, Bentley and McLaren, or are we expecting to see some top talent in the Black Falcon cars too?

Nice to see some teams coming back after a year or two away. Ratel has often gotten a lot of stick, but I though the ELMS trying to take entries away last year was a bit underhand so it's nice to see a (hopefully) more stable field emerge.
Old 26 Feb 2015, 23:46 (Ref:3509462)   #56
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Fantastic news that BMW Team Brasil will be in the series with two cars this year, and will be joined for the duration by Rowe Racing with a car. Add the Molitor Nissan to that list and the final entry is likely to be even more spectacular than that posted on EI/S365 the other day. It could be the strongest Pro grid since the series began, if Black Falcon pull their programme in that direction too.
Old 27 Feb 2015, 12:28 (Ref:3509636)   #57
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Fantastic news that BMW Team Brasil will be in the series with two cars this year, and will be joined for the duration by Rowe Racing with a car. Add the Molitor Nissan to that list and the final entry is likely to be even more spectacular than that posted on EI/S365 the other day. It could be the strongest Pro grid since the series began, if Black Falcon pull their programme in that direction too.
With the Banco do Brasil money go to Sauber I was afraid we would not see Team Brasil in 2015.

Anyone having an entrylist of the confirmed entries?
Old 27 Feb 2015, 12:31 (Ref:3509639)   #58
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
I'm trying to collate my own, with some guesses about classes, but the S365 one (that I thought seemed optimistic) already has a few additions:

http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/be...n-endurance-2/

This is probably the best list I've seen so far, although I'm not sure about their Reiter confirmation:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_..._Series_season
Old 27 Feb 2015, 12:38 (Ref:3509641)   #59
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'm trying to collate my own, with some guesses about classes, but the S365 one (that I thought seemed optimistic) already has a few additions:

http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/be...n-endurance-2/

This is probably the best list I've seen so far, although I'm not sure about their Reiter confirmation:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_..._Series_season
Thx
Old 27 Feb 2015, 13:16 (Ref:3509658)   #60
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
urdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridurdragon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best response to any doubts in any entry lists is to include the sources, even considering old articles sometimes add entries that have withdrawn in the present time.
Old 27 Feb 2015, 19:40 (Ref:3509768)   #61
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
As far as I can work out, the Pro class certainly has:

2x WRT Audis
2x M-Sport Bentleys
2x Von Ryan McLarens
1x MRS Nissan
1x RJN Nissan
1x ISR Audi
2x Grasser Lamborghinis
2x BMW Team Brasil BMWs

Whilst likely including
2x HTP Bentley
1/2x Black Falcon Mercedes'

And possibly
1x ISR Audi
1x Sainteloc Audi
1x Rowe Mercedes

So likely somewhere between 16 and 20 Pro cars, in addition to the usual strong ProAm and GT classes.
Old 28 Feb 2015, 14:33 (Ref:3510051)   #62
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So in addition to N24 and possibly some other events, Glickenhaus wants to enter their super duper special vehicles for the Spa 24 hours - this year already. C'mon SRO, you used to have national classes for this event in the past before it turning into one spec, allow them in and I could possibly actually look forward to this event for the first time since 2010.
Old 1 Mar 2015, 11:33 (Ref:3510356)   #63
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
I can definitely see them taking that, hopefully they can resurrect the G3 class for the purpose.

Another very competitive Audi gaming the Pro-Am class:
http://www.endurance-info.com/en/asi...hoenix-racing/
Old 6 Mar 2015, 14:32 (Ref:3512497)   #64
urdragon
Veteran

Spain
Barcelona
Definitive entry list in five days:

http://www.blancpain-gt-series.com/s...pain-gt-series
Old 6 Mar 2015, 17:49 (Ref:3512543)   #65
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Will be nice to see so we know who's planning, but I've learnt with BES the entry list is only known on the first day in Monza!
Old 9 Mar 2015, 09:18 (Ref:3513186)   #66
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2015 Blancpain Endurance Series

I've never been to the 24hr spa, very interested in going this year. Watched videos on YouTube it looks... Mental. With the fireworks at night, glowing discs and loads of crazy people. It will probably be a real eye-opener.

I would be camping, any recommendations of where to camp, places to watch the fireworks and cars at night etc. Plus which days to get there etc. Thanks.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 09:32 (Ref:3513189)   #67
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkshireLad View Post
I've never been to the 24hr spa, very interested in going this year. Watched videos on YouTube it looks... Mental. With the fireworks at night, glowing discs and loads of crazy people. It will probably be a real eye-opener.

I would be camping, any recommendations of where to camp, places to watch the fireworks and cars at night etc. Plus which days to get there etc. Thanks.
If you think Spa is crazy you should definitely do the Nurburgring 24h.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 09:38 (Ref:3513195)   #68
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
I'm yet to do that as well think I will do spa first.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 11:25 (Ref:3513235)   #69
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see that Craig Dolby has a competitive drive with Nissan. I well remember his great drives in Superleague formula a few years back. He should be in F1 instead of some of the no-hope pay drivers.
Old 9 Mar 2015, 19:59 (Ref:3513415)   #70
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Hey YorkshireLad, I'm from/in Leeds myself and Spa 24 and Nurburgring 24 are the first 2 dates in my diary each year. Will drop you a PM a bit later with what info I can give you.

Just seen SHANE VAN GISBERGEN has been signed by McLaren as a factory driver, would be great to see him actually get a race at Spa this year. In fact, Paul Ricard is the only BES event that clashes with V8SC; wonder if we'll have a chance to see him in Europe elsewhere.
Old 10 Mar 2015, 11:07 (Ref:3513630)   #71
Hingo
Racer

Australia
Canberra
Hingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shane said tonight that he is lined up for 5 events so far
Old 10 Mar 2015, 19:48 (Ref:3513794)   #72
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Robin Frijns, Jean-Karl Vernay and Sacha Bottemane all testing WRT R8s at Ricard.

The former two particularly would definitely add another dimension to the series - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117990
Old 10 Mar 2015, 20:19 (Ref:3513804)   #73
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
Quote:
Hey YorkshireLad, I'm from/in Leeds myself and Spa 24 and Nurburgring 24 are the first 2 dates in my diary each year. Will drop you a PM a bit later with what info I can give you.

Just seen SHANE VAN GISBERGEN has been signed by McLaren as a factory driver, would be great to see him actually get a race at Spa this year. In fact, Paul Ricard is the only BES event that clashes with V8SC; wonder if we'll have a chance to see him in Europe elsewhere.
Cheers for the PM rodger, will message you back when i have a spare 10 mins
Old 11 Mar 2015, 03:18 (Ref:3513911)   #74
scudd
Racer

scudd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Robin Frijns, Jean-Karl Vernay and Sacha Bottemane all testing WRT R8s at Ricard.

The former two particularly would definitely add another dimension to the series - http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117990
If anyone could post results from Paul Ricard or post links to websites reporting on the 2 day BOP event, that would be great.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 08:16 (Ref:3513979)   #75
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
56 full-time entries, kudos to SRO. Only danger is there being too many cars, as there were in 2013.

23 in Pro Cup too, I guess they've been reading Graham's article about how GTs are the best way into a factory P1 seat.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/0...ce-series.html