Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 25 Sep 2022, 19:19 (Ref:4127395)   #201
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Bagnaia needs a guru… From his mistake he said "je suis vraiment con, j'ai fait de la merde". At least he's honest!
Old 28 Sep 2022, 09:14 (Ref:4127725)   #202
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Just when Bagnaia was looking on course for the title, he makes another mistake. Great win from Miller and nice to see Marquez back up there
Old 8 Oct 2022, 08:43 (Ref:4129154)   #203
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
On October 6, 2022, Phil Read, MBE, died in his sleep at his home in Canterbury, England. Regarded by many as the greatest British motorcycle racer of all time, he won a total of seven world championship titles across multiple classes, as well as eight Isle of Man TTs over the course of his career. He was 83 years old.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 Oct 2022, 14:18 (Ref:4130127)   #204
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Australian MotoGP Philip Island.
Wet weather is currently battering Victoria with the downpour prompting flood warnings across the state from the Bureau of Meteorology.

Low-lying parts of the circuit are currently under water while some facilities such as car parks are inaccessible due to the weather conditions.

MotoGP safety cars have been lapping the circuit throughout the afternoon while the official media bike has also been in action.

Autosport understands MotoGP officials are currently not concerned about the flooding affecting the two official practice sessions scheduled for tomorrow.

That's despite the current forecast indicating the rain will continue throughout Friday
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 14 Oct 2022, 02:16 (Ref:4130178)   #205
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Believe it or not the track was 99% dry this morning for P1. Times into the low 1:30's so pretty much on the mark.
Its very windy though and raining where I am.... the radar says intermittent rain for PI.

But just to show we are back in Aus we had a track invasion..... https://twitter.com/i/status/1580696056253194240

Last edited by E.B; 14 Oct 2022 at 02:34.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 09:14 (Ref:4130211)   #206
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
On October 6, 2022, Phil Read, MBE, died in his sleep at his home in Canterbury, England. Regarded by many as the greatest British motorcycle racer of all time, he won a total of seven world championship titles across multiple classes, as well as eight Isle of Man TTs over the course of his career. He was 83 years old.
Yes I saw that. Sad news. It was a privilege to see him and Wayne Gardner talking at the AI back in 2016 and talking about bike racing past and present. Seemed a proper gentleman. RIP
Old 14 Oct 2022, 13:54 (Ref:4130278)   #207
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yes I saw that. Sad news. It was a privilege to see him and Wayne Gardner talking at the AI back in 2016 and talking about bike racing past and present. Seemed a proper gentleman. RIP
He was a boyhood hero of mine back in the early 60s and I actually got to know him in the 90s when he used to turn up on a BMW bike with a team that was racing a BMW car in a series that I was participating in at the time.
Old 15 Oct 2022, 06:51 (Ref:4130350)   #208
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (260).png
Views:	3
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	76344
Old 16 Oct 2022, 05:13 (Ref:4130472)   #209
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
WHAT. A. RACE.

I wont spoil the result for those in Europe that might not have seen it but the PI MotoGP finish saw 1st-7th covered by under a second!

And we had a 7th new winner for the year is all I will say.
Old 16 Oct 2022, 23:28 (Ref:4130542)   #210
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
WHAT. A. RACE.

I wont spoil the result for those in Europe that might not have seen it but the PI MotoGP finish saw 1st-7th covered by under a second!

And we had a 7th new winner for the year is all I will say.
I second that! I also won't spoil it for those that didn't see it live although I am in Spain, we have ways of getting BT Sport: laugh:
Old 19 Oct 2022, 09:49 (Ref:4130806)   #211
S griffin
Veteran

Great win by wins, just holding off Martin at the end. Big mistake by Fabio, has he just gifted his title to Bagnaia? Unlucky for Miller not only to crash out at his home GP, but at the corner that was just named in his honour!

Fernandez really let Ajo get off the hook in Moto2
Old 21 Oct 2022, 07:48 (Ref:4130942)   #212
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
This weekend’s return to Sepang marks the first match point in the championship battle, with Ducati’s Francesco Bagnaia able to wrap up the title as he comes to Malaysia 14 points clear in the standings.

Bagnaia needs to outscore reigning world champion Fabio Quartararo by 11 points and ensure he only loses two points to Aprilia’s Espargaro to seal the deal.
Old 21 Oct 2022, 08:40 (Ref:4130946)   #213
S griffin
Veteran

And to think I felt Bagnaia's title hopes were over back in June after his fourth retirement of the season in Germany. He just seemed to making too many mistakes. Yet here he is with a chance of clinching it this weekend with one round to spare. Of course Quartararo being less than excellent lately probably helps, but it shows how much Francesco has knuckled down and come back stronger
Old 21 Oct 2022, 15:03 (Ref:4130998)   #214
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Brad Binder surprised by grabbing the top spot for KTM at the end of opening practice for the 2022 Malaysian MotoGP at Sepang as Alex Rins (Suzuki), Marc Marquez (Honda) and Enea Bastianini (Ducati) made it four different manufacturers at the head of the timesheets.

But Fabio Quartararo, who lost the title lead to Francesco Bagnaia by 14 points after falling at Phillip Island last Sunday and must go on the attack this weekend, was the man to beat for much of the session on used tyres.
Old 21 Oct 2022, 15:05 (Ref:4130999)   #215
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fabio just needs a few more horses.
Old 22 Oct 2022, 08:22 (Ref:4131055)   #216
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Fabio just needs a few more horses.
He certainly does! here is the grid for the race tomorrow
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (269).png
Views:	0
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	76347
Old 22 Oct 2022, 09:52 (Ref:4131061)   #217
S griffin
Veteran

Not a great qualifying by Quartararo, but at least Bagnaia ain't too far ahead. The start will be very crucial for both
Old 22 Oct 2022, 11:59 (Ref:4131066)   #218
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Not a great qualifying by Quartararo, but at least Bagnaia ain't too far ahead. The start will be very crucial for both
If they both survive the first corner (and lap) it will be who can remain the coolest for the race, Bagnaia has made a "balls up" when in the lead a few times this year and Quartararo seems to be letting his great riding ability slip just lately.
The Ducati's certainly have had the edge over the rest of the field on most of the circuits so far this year apart from Marquez on his comeback, so roll on the race that I shall hopefully watch live on TV out here in Spain.
Old 23 Oct 2022, 13:05 (Ref:4131177)   #219
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Well, what a race! I won't spoil it for people that didn't view it live, but it has set it up for the last race of the season to decide the champion this year!
Moto 3 was brilliant as well with a deserved win by a guy that started in 22nd place and who hasn't had much luck all season Moto 2 was also a good race with the rider that looked like he would probably win, made a silly move on the last corner
Old 24 Oct 2022, 19:14 (Ref:4131350)   #220
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I dont want to be the prophet of doom and gloom about the championship final result but I dont think Fabio can make it. Rien n'est impossible he said. Yes, but…
Old 24 Oct 2022, 23:33 (Ref:4131375)   #221
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I dont want to be the prophet of doom and gloom about the championship final result but I dont think Fabio can make it. Rien n'est impossible he said. Yes, but…
All the time that there is a slight chance "It ain't over until it's over"
Old 25 Oct 2022, 14:09 (Ref:4131410)   #222
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Solid ride from the Ducati boys and an outstanding ride from Fabio to get on the podium. The title is all but decided and it does seem such a shame that Suzuki are pulling out, some of Rins races have been very impressive and with Honda improving all the time in the hands of MM it would be really good to see the Ducatis challenged more.
Old 25 Oct 2022, 14:50 (Ref:4131412)   #223
S griffin
Veteran

Bagnaia's great start decided the race and has all but decided the title too. With him near the front immediately and Quartararo in the pack, the pressure was off and by the time Fabio got through the pack it was too late. Great recovery though, but he needs something happening to Francesco to have any chance of the title. And then he has to win too....

Still can't believe Bagnaia is on the verge of the title. Myself and I'm sure others had written him off after Germany, but he's come back stronger, while Quartararo has lost form

And what about Moto2? Ogura had gotten out of jail in Australia by Hernandez falling off near the end. But now here he looked set to increase his championship lead going into the last race, only to throw it away on the final lap and give Hernandez the title lead instead
Old 26 Oct 2022, 13:18 (Ref:4131522)   #224
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it was .. don;t want to say it ... stupid for Ogura . it was never on and could've waited a few more corners , 20 points were always better than 0
it will be hard for him in Valencia as it will be coldish and he didn't like it in Australia

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Oct 2022, 21:21 (Ref:4131579)   #225
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
I did thing about driving up to Valencia for the GP but I shall watch it on the box with a beer instead of a 3/4-hour drive. I must be getting old