Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give the first ever Miami Grand Prix?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 0 0%
7 8 19.51%
6 9 21.95%
5 8 19.51%
4 6 14.63%
3 5 12.20%
2 3 7.32%
1 2 4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 May 2022, 17:19 (Ref:4109236)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix : Miami Grand Prix 2022

What score do you give the first ever Miami Grand Prix?
Old 8 May 2022, 21:55 (Ref:4109284)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
5. Circuit seemed very racing preventable. Needs tweaking. And get rid of that shoddy chicane section! It's both dangerous and boring!
Old 8 May 2022, 22:13 (Ref:4109287)   #3
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!

For all the hype that was created, this was pretty boring.
Instead of concentrating on all the bling-bling and the fake or real marina, they should have taken care of the race track itself.
It looked unfinished and the surface was unsuitable for racing.

That safety car was really needed to spice things up.
Of course, they could have cleaned up under VSC but we all know a SC creates action, don't we.

I was unimpressed.

Can we go to Portimao or Mugello instead please?
Old 8 May 2022, 22:57 (Ref:4109290)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That really was a dull affair and only started to come alive after the FCY, with 10 laps to go. If I was a paying member of the public, I would have felt a little cheated. 2

If F1 wants to capture the US market and with three races next season, they really need to make sure they get it right. I would like to see what IndyCar could do on this Miami track.
Old 8 May 2022, 23:41 (Ref:4109297)   #5
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You cant rely on hype to produce a decent race.
Unimpressed. And I had to get up at 5am local time to watch it.

A generous 4
Old 8 May 2022, 23:46 (Ref:4109298)   #6
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That really was a dull affair and only started to come alive after the FCY, with 10 laps to go. If I was a paying member of the public, I would have felt a little cheated. 2

If F1 wants to capture the US market and with three races next season, they really need to make sure they get it right. I would like to see what IndyCar could do on this Miami track.
What could Indycar do on this track?
Probably give you something like Nashville last year.

Miami is narrower than I anticipated, the surface doesn't provide track-wide grip, and the dicky section is too tight for such long cars.

Really lots of negatives and if I compared it to Baku the track in Azerbaijan is actually better.
Old 9 May 2022, 00:26 (Ref:4109306)   #7
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Started to see early in the weekend there was one line. Worst fears confirmed by lap 3-4. Safety car with a few runners on late mediums added some juice, but couldn't make up for 45 laps of nothing.
Old 9 May 2022, 00:34 (Ref:4109308)   #8
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
What could Indycar do on this track?
Probably give you something like Nashville last year.

Miami is narrower than I anticipated, the surface doesn't provide track-wide grip, and the dicky section is too tight for such long cars.

Really lots of negatives and if I compared it to Baku the track in Azerbaijan is actually better.

Maybe, though the Miami track width is pretty uniform and not as variable as Nashville and IndyCars aren't as long as long as F1 cars, so the dicky section wouldn't be as tight.
Old 9 May 2022, 01:22 (Ref:4109311)   #9
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Judged from the highlights it was Ok, but nothing more. Charles and Max had a good tussle from time to time, ditto Carlos and Checo, and even George and Lewis but most of the action seemed to be lower down the orser, though some of it somewhat untidy......

I'm sure overall it was great show - but a race?
Old 9 May 2022, 01:28 (Ref:4109312)   #10
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
4 for the race itself - if we were judging the weekend overall then probably a 6 as there was a definite buzz about the place.

Definitely some tweaks needed to the track itself for future years - no doubt about that at all.
Old 9 May 2022, 05:53 (Ref:4109325)   #11
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
6 or a 7. But would have been a lot lower of not for the late safety car.

No grip off line - which punished small mistakes harshly.
Old 9 May 2022, 06:11 (Ref:4109327)   #12
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Scored high on my struggle to stay awake ometer...but low on the race, so a generous 3 from me.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 9 May 2022, 06:30 (Ref:4109333)   #13
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
7 for me, Danica was a plus.
Old 9 May 2022, 08:11 (Ref:4109340)   #14
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I fell asleep. I gave it a 3 from what I saw of it. Far too many slow corners.
Old 9 May 2022, 08:35 (Ref:4109345)   #15
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
5. Not a great race, although there was some intrigue and we did have a bit excitement after the SC
Old 9 May 2022, 09:38 (Ref:4109361)   #16
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking at the layout I could say this would not race well. Considering they have some truly great tracks in the US, like Sebring, Road Atlanta and Road America you wonder why they did build a street track in a car park like this?

A generous 4. A snoozer.
Old 9 May 2022, 10:12 (Ref:4109365)   #17
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
Looking at the layout I could say this would not race well. Considering they have some truly great tracks in the US, like Sebring, Road Atlanta and Road America you wonder why they did build a street track in a car park like this?

A generous 4. A snoozer.
I dare say because places like Sebring, Watkins Glen etc would never pass the F1 safety requirements.
Old 9 May 2022, 10:31 (Ref:4109368)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil22 View Post
7 for me, Danica was a plus.
I gave it a 6 on the highlights, but realise that was really generous. I should have given it a 5, or perhaps even a 4, deducting a point for the awful post-race interviews......
Old 9 May 2022, 10:36 (Ref:4109371)   #19
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hate safety cars but this would have been marked much lower without the safety car.
Old 9 May 2022, 10:42 (Ref:4109374)   #20
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
I hate safety cars but this would have been marked much lower without the safety car.
Yep. It's a sad thing when you need a safety car to make a race more entertaining....
Old 9 May 2022, 10:59 (Ref:4109377)   #21
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
AndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndreasDavour should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post

Yeah, that's very true. It was fun a bit after the SC. Sadly.
Old 9 May 2022, 11:02 (Ref:4109378)   #22
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I dare say because places like Sebring, Watkins Glen etc would never pass the F1 safety requirements.

No, but they also have been built to get cars racing, and not so much to look glitzy and bring in celebrities and show off your hospitality suite.

I mean, it's not just the security.
Old 9 May 2022, 11:02 (Ref:4109379)   #23
AndreasDavour
Veteran

Sweden
I just wish the designers of a new track had been more inspired by Sebring et al.
Old 9 May 2022, 12:05 (Ref:4109386)   #24
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasDavour View Post
No, but they also have been built to get cars racing, and not so much to look glitzy and bring in celebrities and show off your hospitality suite.

I mean, it's not just the security.

Yes, US GPs tend to be in or around the major, famous cities. Although we’re still waiting for the New York GP….
Old 9 May 2022, 12:16 (Ref:4109387)   #25
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When I heard there would be a Miami F1 race in a car park I feared the worse but was pleasantly surprised the track was not too bad at all (chicane excepted). A bit of tweaking in that area would improve it.
The race was a bit processional but I've seen worse.
I gave it a 6.