Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Sep 2018, 20:45 (Ref:3848553)   #16
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart View Post
Terry,
Obviously you have not been to SMSP the last few years where the ARDC has run a number of rounds of the CAMS State MRC with Qualifying and Races on Saturday being in the high teens with similar numbers for Sunday.
In some cases a category will have qual and 3 or 4 races on the Saturday and Supercarts would do likewise on Sunday.

Usually great racing right through the programme however it is up to the drivers to provide that -sometimes no matter the number of entrants in a particular race it can be a procession yet sometimes a small field will put on sensational dicing.
Supercars can field 26 cars yet processions regularly occur unfortunately.
Can I assume you are the Oldfart that posts on The Roaring Season and is now resident in the UK
Old 6 Sep 2018, 23:45 (Ref:3848572)   #17
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Can I assume you are the Oldfart that posts on The Roaring Season and is now resident in the UK
Never assume anything -I am not the person you are referring to and have never been to the UK.
I have been around motor sport since the mid 50s and have been a club level competitor,office bearer and a volunteer race official with a continuous involvement since the early 60s.

I am aware that you are a regular poster on The Nostalgia Forum and if I remember correctly from something in one of your posts somewhere along the way we could be from the same area.
Old 7 Sep 2018, 03:06 (Ref:3848602)   #18
bortall
Racer

Australia
West Gippsland
bortall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The state racing series in Victoria is similar - Qualy & races all day Saturday, with Sunday continuous racing all day, the Nationals have let it self down in recent years with less categories on the bill now than before.

Given that, some longer races can be good depending on the quality of the field.
Old 12 Sep 2018, 23:08 (Ref:3849741)   #19
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
All in all a great effort at turning off potential spectators.
As stated, the Cams Nationals is designed for the benefit of competitors NOT spectactors.

I agree that a poor Formula 4 field is a shame, compared to the great fields and close racing that Formula Ford produces. But F4 is CAMS' baby so on the program it goes...
Old 12 Sep 2018, 23:10 (Ref:3849743)   #20
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Honda Integra etc).
Blasphemy! The Integra is an icon.

Fair play for Integra DC5 drivers to battle on with it, as the suspension geometry is truly terrible compared to the earlier Integra DC2. [The DC5 has massive bumpsteer, a wacky minivan steering rack, and of course no camber gain with the McPhearson strut)
Old 13 Sep 2018, 02:08 (Ref:3849760)   #21
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Schedule start times so that if someone sneezes the race doesn't go full distance!
Old 13 Sep 2018, 07:29 (Ref:3849788)   #22
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Blasphemy! The Integra is an icon.

Fair play for Integra DC5 drivers to battle on with it, as the suspension geometry is truly terrible compared to the earlier Integra DC2. [The DC5 has massive bumpsteer, a wacky minivan steering rack, and of course no camber gain with the McPhearson strut)
I'm fine the the age and variety of eligible cars, but the sheer expense some are going to, is downright insane for what is intended to be entry level motorsport.
Old 13 Sep 2018, 08:20 (Ref:3849798)   #23
Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!Tourer has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I'm fine the the age and variety of eligible cars, but the sheer expense some are going to, is downright insane for what is intended to be entry level motorsport.
Hearing you but then again that kinda defines motorsport in some ways doesn't it? There will always be people (whether or not they can really afford it) who just want to keep doing more and more and spending more and more on their race car.
Old 16 Sep 2018, 06:23 (Ref:3850506)   #24
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Hearing you but then again that kinda defines motorsport in some ways doesn't it? There will always be people (whether or not they can really afford it) who just want to keep doing more and more and spending more and more on their race car.
...and *that* is why the Hyundai Excels are the greatest series in Australian motorsport!