Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Apr 2006, 01:44 (Ref:1571037)   #1
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another Kimi-Ferrari rumour: TGF's seat is Kimi, or Ferrari pays $5million (merged)

It's reported on updatef1.com (quoting a report in sport1.de) that Ferrari has promised Michael's no. 1 seat to Kimi from 2007 onwards, or a pay-out of $5 million.

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/new...rari/view.html

Of course, this is only a rumour and one cannot make any comment about its accuracy.
Old 5 Apr 2006, 01:56 (Ref:1571039)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Only a rumour... smoke from a real fire.
Old 5 Apr 2006, 05:14 (Ref:1571081)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Won't go away will it?
Old 5 Apr 2006, 05:49 (Ref:1571092)   #4
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
The trouble is, though, I haven't been able to find another source to back it up.
Old 5 Apr 2006, 07:56 (Ref:1571149)   #5
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's almost as if these rumours will persist even AFTER the beginning of the next season
Old 5 Apr 2006, 15:43 (Ref:1571491)   #6
maltafan
Veteran

Malta
obviously, Malta
maltafan has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I do ont think that they will have to pay it, cause I m in doubt whether Michael finishes the season, now.
Old 6 Apr 2006, 12:13 (Ref:1572202)   #7
Hein
Racer

South Africa
Kareedouw, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Hein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Load of crap, nothing more.
Old 6 Apr 2006, 12:56 (Ref:1572246)   #8
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wouldn't dismiss it as crap...it's been floating for a loooong time.
Old 6 Apr 2006, 13:00 (Ref:1572252)   #9
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I can see it happening.. but not while Michael is around. But if Michael retires at the end of the year, it will be Kimi and Massa, then Kimi and Klien. No Rossi, I just can't see that happening.
Old 6 Apr 2006, 22:05 (Ref:1572635)   #10
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85
No Rossi, I just can't see that happening.
The way things are going at Ferrari at the moment, i can't see Kimi going there either
Old 6 Apr 2006, 22:12 (Ref:1572641)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I can see it happening.. but not while Michael is around. But if Michael retires at the end of the year, it will be Kimi and Massa, then Kimi and Klien. No Rossi, I just can't see that happening.
Klien ??

Uh oh...
Old 7 Apr 2006, 08:37 (Ref:1572893)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Bononi, I'm not going to take the bait either.....

doh!!! Can't resist it.....aaarghghh!!

If Calvin gets a 'Red' drive anytime soon then i'm a multi billionaire energy drinks producer...
Old 7 Apr 2006, 15:51 (Ref:1573240)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V
The way things are going at Ferrari at the moment, i can't see Kimi going there either
Unless he already signed some time ago.....
Old 7 Apr 2006, 16:42 (Ref:1573278)   #14
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMHO: someone define #1 driver for me?

how do you inforce that clause in your contract...okay so your car #3 isntead of #4 doesn't change a damn thing.
Old 8 Apr 2006, 04:48 (Ref:1573589)   #15
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer
Bononi, I'm not going to take the bait either.....

doh!!! Can't resist it.....aaarghghh!!

If Calvin gets a 'Red' drive anytime soon then i'm a multi billionaire energy drinks producer...
ha ha ha

IMO, Klien is more talented than Massa! he's a pretty quick driver... is he that dire to not even be in the minds of Ferrari? He is young, and is only going to get better!
Old 8 Apr 2006, 05:35 (Ref:1573596)   #16
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think Kimi will be confirmed by the latter end of the European season. I think he's signed a pre-contract agreement of some sort already, but we'll wait and see. As for the number two seat, If Michael goes, I think Massa will too. He's not covered himself in glory in Austrailia but we'll see how the rest of the season pans out. I think he is a stop gap driver rather than long term possibility. Ferrari don't tend to pick up rookie drivers but Klien or maybe even Rosberg could be in the frame.
Old 8 Apr 2006, 07:00 (Ref:1573622)   #17
f1_carzy
Racer

United Kingdom
Bangor, Co Down
f1_carzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Ferrari are considering Klein, then surely Liuzzi must also be in the frame. (though I am not a great fan of Liuzzi).

Going for Kovalinen (not sure about the spelling) would be a logical option for Ferrari, as he seems to be fast, young, and might not be very expensive
Old 8 Apr 2006, 09:01 (Ref:1573672)   #18
Skam85
Veteran

But pretty much locked in to Renault, unfortunately.

They should take a punt on young Bruno Senna! He will be in F1, one day. A good talented young driver to look out for in the future..
Old 8 Apr 2006, 11:32 (Ref:1573789)   #19
kmsport
Veteran

Australia
SA
kmsport has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
kimi and webber for Ferrari in '07
Old 8 Apr 2006, 19:05 (Ref:1574057)   #20
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Rossi to decide soon!http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpa...s_art_id=27677
Old 8 Apr 2006, 20:02 (Ref:1574094)   #21
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martyn bott
Still can't see it happening.
Old 9 Apr 2006, 04:07 (Ref:1574264)   #22
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it is really Valentinos' decision to make, then you know that Ferrari will make a place available. Perhaps this all hinges on Michaels decision, which I think is supposed to come pretty soon.

Kimi and Rossi at Ferrari
Michael and Heikki at Renault
Fernando and Rosberg at McLaren
Webber and Wheldon at Williams
Old 9 Apr 2006, 10:41 (Ref:1574441)   #23
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Originally Posted by senna12
If it is really Valentinos' decision to make, then you know that Ferrari will make a place available. Perhaps this all hinges on Michaels decision, which I think is supposed to come pretty soon.

Kimi and Rossi at Ferrari
Michael and Heikki at Renault
Fernando and Rosberg at McLaren
Webber and Wheldon at Williams
I'd be surprised if Sir Frank didn't sign Rosberg up to only a one-year contract, or at least didn't put an option on his services beyond this season.

I doubt that Wheldon will come into Formula One and that TGF would go to Renault. IMHO, it's either Ferrari or retirement for TGF.
Old 9 Apr 2006, 10:48 (Ref:1574450)   #24
f1_carzy
Racer

United Kingdom
Bangor, Co Down
f1_carzy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That line-up looks tempting!
But, is Rosberg better than JPM(after all Nico has not blitzed the track except at Bahrain, of course JPM too has not caused any great fireworks yet)? Doubt whether Nico be competiton enough for Alonso?
Similarly, Rossi, for all his greatness will be no match for Kimi; Rossi has set good times, but will he be able to find the extra tenths to beat a racer like Kimi? Having Rossi in the line-up will bring great sponsorships to Ferrari, and I doubt whether they will take him on a multi-year deal?
Old 9 Apr 2006, 11:03 (Ref:1574460)   #25
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
ha ha ha

IMO, Klien is more talented than Massa! he's a pretty quick driver... is he that dire to not even be in the minds of Ferrari? He is young, and is only going to get better!
Yes, but Klien's manager doesn't have "Todt" in his name, does he?