Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16 Aug 2006, 13:38 (Ref:1684223)   #1
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should Townsville be a street circuit or permanent circuit?

This has been discussed in another thread but i think it deserves it's own.
I feel Townsville and North Queensland as a whole deserve a permanent circuit as they have nothing up there to enable a motorsport industry. A street circuit may bring a few thousand tourists to the area for a race but after the race there is not benefit to the community at all. If they had a permanent circuit there could be a viable industry up there. Classes such as Improved Production, Sports Sedans, HQ's, Saloon Cars would be some suitable viable classes, Aussie Racing Cars could be another. Open Wheelers such as FF and F/Vee could also be successful. A permanent circuit could be used for open meets maybe six times a year and car clubs could have events there as well. Police, Fire and Ambulance services could use the venue for training which i guess is now all held in Brisbane and industries such as driver training and advanced driver training could be held at the circuit. Overall i feel a permanent circuit would be much more beneficial to North Qld than a street circuit. A V8 Supercar race at that permanent circuit would still pack the place out as they would come from all over the north and tourists would still come as well.