Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 4 Sep 2015, 21:13 (Ref:3571443)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
New Toy

Well as a long time sportscar fan i have finally purchased another sportscar after almost 25 years of four seater and large convertibles, it is mid engined and in the traditional blue of this long term supporter of sportscar racing, come on folks have a guess, no prizes just for a laugh but hopefully will give winner a ride at silverstone, totally impractical for the le man trip so keeping the jag.
Old 5 Sep 2015, 06:07 (Ref:3571488)   #2
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Lotus Elise?
Old 5 Sep 2015, 09:43 (Ref:3571502)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
guess again
Old 5 Sep 2015, 11:50 (Ref:3571518)   #4
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Traditional blue? Hmmm. Is it an Alpine?
Old 5 Sep 2015, 12:19 (Ref:3571525)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
no try again
Old 5 Sep 2015, 12:29 (Ref:3571528)   #6
paulSenna
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
paulSenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Matra?
Old 5 Sep 2015, 12:33 (Ref:3571531)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
would have been my choice a few years ago loved the old three seat concept but new car is only 10 years old
Old 5 Sep 2015, 12:53 (Ref:3571533)   #8
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TVR?
Old 5 Sep 2015, 13:05 (Ref:3571537)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Never knew TVR had ever done anything mid engined, but keep trying, hint in title
Old 5 Sep 2015, 13:08 (Ref:3571538)   #10
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Brain-fart on my part there.

Ermmmm, are Nobles traditionally blue? I hope we find the answer by tonight or I might not be able to sleep.
Old 5 Sep 2015, 17:09 (Ref:3571573)   #11
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Never seen a noble on the entry list for le mans but would be nice, no think about reasonably priced mid engine car with a manufacturer that is certainly well linked to the race, and yes they like blue, not as difficult as you think
Old 5 Sep 2015, 17:23 (Ref:3571581)   #12
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
I've got it! You've bought a Courage!
Old 5 Sep 2015, 17:53 (Ref:3571595)   #13
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Am I right or am I right?

Old 5 Sep 2015, 18:34 (Ref:3571609)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Very good right colour wheels and even the roll bar (makes the rear view mirror useless extra weight) but no ridiculous body kit/spoiler although it does have a nice red leather interior and a tte performance exhaust (no idea either but makes it sounds nice) an optional factory fitted extra i am told. i thought the TOY car was a give away. Silly i know but i wanted something to put a smile on my face and with insurance only £125 and low tax band i should be able to run both it and keep the jag, although that needs some work after Helen borrowed it.
Old 5 Sep 2015, 20:35 (Ref:3571628)   #15
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very nice. That body kit did make me laugh - I'm sure yours looks infinitely better without it.
Old 5 Sep 2015, 20:46 (Ref:3571635)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i suspect i could have knocked a couple of thousand off the price if it looked like that
Old 5 Sep 2015, 20:48 (Ref:3571636)   #17
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
If you could get a couple of grand off a Mk3 MR2, wouldn't that make it cost a few hundred at most even with the factory extras?

Anyway, enjoy the thrills of a light mid-engined sports car.
Old 6 Sep 2015, 08:01 (Ref:3571784)   #18
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yes they are seriously cheap, not sure why but like all cars that become classics they go through a series of stages, just look at the cars we now class as ultimate classic's, even the e type towards the end of it's run was almost impossible to sell and second hand values plummeted, anyway for what was very little money i now have a car that makes me smile and i actually want to drive rather than something to get me from A to B, oh and if i need to take more than a spare pair of socks and underpants i can always use the jag which i still like to drive
Old 6 Sep 2015, 20:02 (Ref:3571959)   #19
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congrats Simon I'm sure it will give you a lott of pleasure.
Old 27 Apr 2016, 17:48 (Ref:3636714)   #20
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
For anyone who is going to the classic this year i have now booked tunnel etc and my little toy will be there, really looking forward to driving it down but not looking forward to trying to pack enough stuff in it to make my stay from thursday to sunday comfortable, will be accompanied by two mates in a stag so lets hope we both get down without problems. Will be in blue nord
Old 27 Apr 2016, 18:21 (Ref:3636720)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cool. Have a great run down and back in it. Packing - it's not important.
Old 27 Apr 2016, 18:48 (Ref:3636724)   #22
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Cool. Have a great run down and back in it. Packing - it's not important.
Well with no boot and only two small cupboards behind the seats i will have to put tent, sleeping bag, matress, bag of cloths/etc, chair, and cooking stuff in the passenger seat area. So it is going to be fun, roof down wind in hair and me trying to keep everything in the car for 300 miles. Boy is it going to be fun
Old 27 Apr 2016, 20:06 (Ref:3636739)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Try to avoid using the Autoroute the whole way.
Old 28 Apr 2016, 06:31 (Ref:3636821)   #24
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
We always use the old roads after Rouen better, quicker and shorter distance the old roman roads are still in use in some places and dead straight rather than the meandering autoroute that snakes about and the tolls slow you down as well as costing money
Old 28 Apr 2016, 13:16 (Ref:3636891)   #25
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congrats, is that midlifecrisis or passion. I know it is the last. Enjoy the ride, I know they are fun.