Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you think it should get?
10 10 23.81%
9 16 38.10%
8 12 28.57%
7 3 7.14%
6 1 2.38%
5 0 0%
4 0 0%
3 0 0%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 Jul 2022, 09:09 (Ref:4117883)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: British Grand Prix 2022

What score do you think it should get?
Old 3 Jul 2022, 16:49 (Ref:4117974)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can we see that fighting at the top of the field every week??
WOw!!

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Jul 2022, 16:57 (Ref:4117979)   #3
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
[Everyone liked that]
Old 3 Jul 2022, 17:01 (Ref:4117981)   #4
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thoroughly enjoyed what was a very unpredictable and a quite attritional race, with 14 cars finishing. 9.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 17:44 (Ref:4117992)   #5
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
9 from me but without the first lap accidents that would have been a 10
Old 3 Jul 2022, 17:56 (Ref:4117997)   #6
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a great race and even the saftey car didn't spoil it for once. Good to see Zhou escape from a terrible accident. I gave it a 9 but really worth 9.5.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 18:45 (Ref:4118006)   #7
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it possible for negative numbers? Great Indy race but if I hear any more garbage about driving standards and "gentlemanly" driving after that race, I'll vomit. GARBAGE standards on track and stewards compared to what everyone wants to pretend is great about F1 and is bad about Indy. Off track, blocking and over the line ignored constantly late, either choose to let them race or pretend you give a rats hindquarters about the rules.

15 points back for Sainz telling Ferrari to eff off I'm racing and you can shut the computers.

Otherwise meh, didn't see what broke Max's car but the entire race relied on that, he was driving away handily before he found something on track.

Minus 15 for completely clueless and partisan TV coverage, not a clue what was going on in the booth at all. but I'll keep that for those knuckleheads rather than the race
Old 3 Jul 2022, 19:00 (Ref:4118008)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As for me, however, I hugely enjoyed it. Probably enhanced by being there yesterday in the non-sun for qually and by the fact that it is my annual full live race, but I thought it had a lot going for it. Plenty of action, horrible accident at the start, mercifully with no-one injured, plenty of action at the front with a decent amount of overtaking. I confess that I didn't see much to moan about driving standards wise.

Yes, Max would have probably won by a country mile had he not had problems with his car (but we knew that long before this race started) and the unpredictability of car issues is something we've barely had to think about for quite a few seasons now. In a bizarre way, it's good to see it back this season (not that I expect it to last for long).

Great to see Carlos take his first win and to 'rebel' against the sheer lunacy of the instruction to try and hold Lewis back, which if he hadn't would probably have cost Ferrari the win.

All in all, very entertaining. 9 from me.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 19:01 (Ref:4118009)   #9
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
pole sitting car won
nothing interesting happened.. no passing... no incidents
snooze fest... glad i didnt watch it

just kiddin... one of the best GP i have ever watched
Old 3 Jul 2022, 19:21 (Ref:4118019)   #10
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
I can only give it a 7 — the extended red flag with no news on the health of a driver who was last seen flipped over headed toward the catch fencing at high speed plus a different driver having to be helicoptered to the hospital brought it down a bit for me.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 19:27 (Ref:4118022)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
I can only give it a 7 — the extended red flag with no news on the health of a driver who was last seen flipped over headed toward the catch fencing at high speed plus a different driver having to be helicoptered to the hospital brought it down a bit for me.
Are you saying news should have been released to the public more quickly then? I confess to not really knowing how it could have been quicker.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 19:29 (Ref:4118024)   #12
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
both are fine and unscathed so we can just say thats motor racing
the risk is big the reward is great
when i see a huge crash like this or the haas this year and last, then see the driver is only slightly hurt or not at all, iim fine with it|

they would have had to red flag without the crash as there were idiots sitting on the travk

Old 3 Jul 2022, 19:31 (Ref:4118025)   #13
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I’m only commenting on C4 coverage but I thought they handled it very well, report on the facts not mention something before they know the outcome and health of drivers involved.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 19:37 (Ref:4118031)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
I’m only commenting on C4 coverage but I thought they handled it very well, report on the facts not mention something before they know the outcome and health of drivers involved.
I totally agree.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 20:37 (Ref:4118046)   #15
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post

Yeah agreed here too - that was a potentially very nasty crash, and speculation or ill-informed comment on the outcome would hav ebeen totally inappropriate. Incidentally, Kudos to Russell for immediately rushing to the crashed Alfa to offer any assistance.....

I only gave an 8 as I felt the safety car did of course influence the result - sure it made it spicy, but I don't really like artificial influences.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 20:39 (Ref:4118048)   #16
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Is that a rating of the race, or of the coverage?
Old 3 Jul 2022, 21:30 (Ref:4118073)   #17
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Can't remember the last time I gave a race 10. Fantastic race from start to finish. Breathtaking last 10 laps or so, with brilliant overtakes.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 21:47 (Ref:4118080)   #18
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I gave it a 9. It could almost have been a 10 but there was a sleepy little bit somewhere in the middle (I'm being greedy, I know). This time I am even forgiving the safety car. Despite the horrible artificiality of it, it did set things up for an awe-inspiring last 10 laps.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 23:21 (Ref:4118093)   #19
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Is it possible for negative numbers? Great Indy race but if I hear any more garbage about driving standards and "gentlemanly" driving after that race, I'll vomit. GARBAGE standards on track and stewards compared to what everyone wants to pretend is great about F1 and is bad about Indy. Off track, blocking and over the line ignored constantly late, either choose to let them race or pretend you give a rats hindquarters about the rules.

15 points back for Sainz telling Ferrari to eff off I'm racing and you can shut the computers.

Otherwise meh, didn't see what broke Max's car but the entire race relied on that, he was driving away handily before he found something on track.

Minus 15 for completely clueless and partisan TV coverage, not a clue what was going on in the booth at all. but I'll keep that for those knuckleheads rather than the race

If you didn't enjoy that I'm struggling to think of a race you would enjoy. What a wet blanket.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 04:21 (Ref:4118106)   #20
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nine for me, enjoyed the entire weekend.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 04:22 (Ref:4118107)   #21
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was excellent! If you're not British or a big LH fan, the focus on him can detract from the race, but it's the British GP, you can't blame em. That was indycar like battling, which might sound like an insult if you don't watch indycar, but definitely a compliment.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 05:08 (Ref:4118112)   #22
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
9 was the absolute lowest I considered.
If you didn’t think that was a fantastic race I suggest you find another sport to follow because F1 is never going to do it for you.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 08:03 (Ref:4118126)   #23
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
10 from me. I'll get to watch it later on!
Old 4 Jul 2022, 08:17 (Ref:4118127)   #24
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I commented earlier that it was worth a 9.5.
I should have added that I was p*ssed off with C4s constant coverage of Tom Cruise. OK one shot of him along withother celebs, sure, but the camera must have been turned on him at least a dozen times.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 08:25 (Ref:4118129)   #25
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wanted to add that we are inclined to forget what the aero rule changes have done for racing. It seems easy to forget we were having these 1.5-3s dirty air issues where it was all about strategy and tire management. Now real fighting is possible. Not always, but with the right circumstances the cars are interacting much more closely and frequently on track.

Max and RB got lucky with the SC. The first stop after the incident was unnecessary (they could've seen the aero loss and proper tire pressure in the data). Then the 2nd stop they overdid the downforce reduction on the front wing and combined with the hards he was almost as slow after that as he was before that stop. If not for the SC he might have dropped out of the top ten.

Mick Schumacher was flying though.

Also nice to see Hamilton back in the mix. Not the result he probably hoped for, but promising not the less. And good of him to call out the booing. Something Max should've done last year in Zandvoort. Missed opportunity to show leadership.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.