Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 22 Nov 2016, 10:56 (Ref:3690174)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Silverstone Classic

The Biggest Classic Festival in the UK. Among many grids it will include a round of the Jaguar Challenge AND a race for HRDC Academy cars.

HMRN have also confirmed the 'RAC TT' race for Pre 63GT cars and U2TC will each have 50 minute races.
Old 22 Nov 2016, 11:32 (Ref:3690182)   #2
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
As ever I will be there from Thurs afternoon to Sun night; this year's was excellent and I do hope we get to see Can Am again. We got few cars this time but they were fantastic. Also on wish list- got to be FF1600 on its 50th surely ?
Old 22 Nov 2016, 11:59 (Ref:3690188)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
As ever I will be there from Thurs afternoon to Sun night; this year's was excellent and I do hope we get to see Can Am again. We got few cars this time but they were fantastic. Also on wish list- got to be FF1600 on its 50th surely ?
I would guess that as HSCC gave out the date to their FF competitors at their final race meeting this season, that it's likely. As for CanAm, it was their anniversary this year so would be surprised (pleasantly) if they are back, especially given the low number of cars this time.

Pure conjecture, of course...
Old 22 Nov 2016, 22:54 (Ref:3690356)   #4
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand FJ will be there. Friday qual then 2 races, both on Saturday.
Old 1 Dec 2016, 18:21 (Ref:3692754)   #5
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
you'll need to change the date guys, email just received:

Date change for the Silverstone Classic 2017

Yesterday (30 November 2016), the FIA ratified and released the FIA Formula 1 calendar for 2017 which included a surprise change to the British Grand Prix date, now confirmed as being the weekend of the 16th July - a week later than the provisional dates. Due to massive operational complexities it is impossible to hold the two largest annual events at Silverstone on consecutive weekends and so the confirmed date for the Silverstone Classic in 2017 is the weekend of the 28/29/30 July (a week later than our provisional dates).
For anyone that has bought their tickets already, these will obviously be valid for the revised dates and we look forward to seeing everyone a week later than originally planned. Anyone who bought tickets between the 5th November and 1st December 2016 and is now unable to attend the 2017 event due to the date change has until the 28th February to request a full refund on their tickets. Details have been sent to all ticket purchasers to let them know how to do this.
We’re sorry to have to make this change but unfortunately it’s due to factors outside of our control. We hope to see you at next year’s event!
Old 1 Dec 2016, 18:40 (Ref:3692760)   #6
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks Max! Have been waiting for something 'concrete'! I bet Goose and Silverstone are well impressed.......
Old 2 Dec 2016, 10:44 (Ref:3692938)   #7
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol the two largest events at Silverstone!

Have they forgot about MotoGP!

Love a good PR lie
Old 2 Dec 2016, 10:56 (Ref:3692940)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Worked out well for me as I was due to be at Spa on the old date. Just the Stoke Row Motor Sport weekend to sort out now.
Old 4 Dec 2016, 02:15 (Ref:3693451)   #9
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic Formula Ford confirmed for Silverstone Classic

I'm sure most will have already heard, but Historic Formula Ford have now had their grid confirmed:

"The world’s most famous proving ground for future champions, Formula Ford, turns 50 in 2017 – a golden milestone that will be celebrated in record-breaking style at next summer’s Silverstone Classic (21-23 July).

To mark this prominent 50th anniversary, the packed programme at the world’s biggest classic motor racing festival will include two special showdowns for Historic Formula Fords in 2017. It’s the first time the hugely popular, entry-level single-seaters have featured on the Classic bill since 2013 and a pair of unsurpassed, full-capacity 54-car grids are expected to serve up a feast of close and exciting racing, a hallmark of the junior formula ever since its game-changing introduction in July 1967. "
Old 4 Dec 2016, 06:30 (Ref:3693483)   #10
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks Sam, should be two races worth watching!

Going back to the change of date for this event, spare a thought for the hard working HSCC team, who now have the challenging task of running two big meetings on consecutive weekends! Croft Nostalgia is the 5/6th August.....
Old 4 Dec 2016, 13:33 (Ref:3693561)   #11
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thanks Sam, should be two races worth watching!

Going back to the change of date for this event, spare a thought for the hard working HSCC team, who now have the challenging task of running two big meetings on consecutive weekends! Croft Nostalgia is the 5/6th August.....
That's a shame as in previous years the Nostalgia meeting has suffered if the gap between the two is only 1 week.
Old 4 Dec 2016, 18:04 (Ref:3693609)   #12
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yes, I can imagine it could affect some grid sizes- especially FF this year?
Old 4 Dec 2016, 18:44 (Ref:3693614)   #13
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, I can imagine it could affect some grid sizes- especially FF this year?
That is the concern, especially if previous years are anything to go by. Hopefully the championship's present popularity will mitigate that a bit.
Old 5 Dec 2016, 20:40 (Ref:3693976)   #14
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2 4 1 three day passes and Woodlands camping booked today via friend's Car Club membership just eight months to wait.
Old 26 Jun 2017, 10:17 (Ref:3746911)   #15
HFFswift
Rookie

HFFswift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hoping I'm allowed to post this as it isn't direct advertising, given that seetickets is the only ticket company for the Classic.

For anyone with friends/family etc yet to buy tickets, check out the fan-to-fan marketplace on seetickets. There are some weekend tickets listed at less than face value.

Hope this helps someone out
Old 2 Jul 2017, 15:19 (Ref:3748321)   #16
FMS
Rookie

FMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi is anyone in the know whether the Ligier JS11/15 is likely to be there this year?
Old 2 Jul 2017, 22:37 (Ref:3748537)   #17
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMS View Post
Hi is anyone in the know whether the Ligier JS11/15 is likely to be there this year?
There was one at the Barcelona Masters in April and two at Magny Cours this weekend in the same series. No idea if they'll be one or two at Silverstone you could contact the Masters they may know?
Old 6 Jul 2017, 11:29 (Ref:3749267)   #18
FMS
Rookie

FMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
There was one at the Barcelona Masters in April and two at Magny Cours this weekend in the same series. No idea if they'll be one or two at Silverstone you could contact the Masters they may know?
Thanks
Old 10 Jul 2017, 12:51 (Ref:3750165)   #19
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Does anyone know if there's already a published timetable and where to find it please? I think one of my best bloke will be there for the running in of his "Shakuarrh". Robert are going there to take pics?
Old 10 Jul 2017, 16:44 (Ref:3750216)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Does anyone know if there's already a published timetable and where to find it please? I think one of my best bloke will be there for the running in of his "Shakuarrh". Robert are going there to take pics?
Provisional qualifying and race order on the website- https://www.silverstoneclassic.com/w...n/motor-racing
Old 10 Jul 2017, 17:17 (Ref:3750220)   #21
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Merci beaucoup Mike! My friend could seem half crazy, his project went on the last 15 years! Not many lhd semi lightweight probably…
Old 10 Jul 2017, 17:45 (Ref:3750224)   #22
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Merci beaucoup Mike! My friend could seem half crazy, his project went on the last 15 years! Not many lhd semi lightweight probably…
If your buddy is in the Jagwar race then he is up against the mighty Delta (XK) and yours truly (4.2 E Type).......
Old 10 Jul 2017, 17:52 (Ref:3750225)   #23
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
No kidding ! He's more lucky than I thought then. He's pretty much worried about this race because he never went to Silverstone and the car is brand new (unfinished ATM!). But if only pré-66 E Type are allowed can you enter a 4;2 litre?
Old 10 Jul 2017, 18:56 (Ref:3750239)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
No kidding ! He's more lucky than I thought then. He's pretty much worried about this race because he never went to Silverstone and the car is brand new (unfinished ATM!). But if only pré-66 E Type are allowed can you enter a 4;2 litre?
Tell him not to worry- we'll look after him

4.2 is pre 66 but different homologation. All steel panels, SU carbs, wire wheels etc..... Much less special stuff, in other words.
Old 10 Jul 2017, 19:07 (Ref:3750244)   #25
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Tell him not to worry- we'll look after him
I knew he could rely on you. He's experimented but mainly with 911's swb, good racing file.
If I understand well he will be in Grp4 GTS 11 and you in Grp3. I'll insist for him to use the toilets, not a tent in case of need .
Hope you'll meet him there he's a nice bloke, not carrying the image of some French. He is involved more or less in the same field that your SLR owner. His car is stocked in Burton on Trent if I'm right. He will discover everything, car, team and track! Car has a French registration number.