Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 7 Jul 2007, 08:14 (Ref:1956709)   #51
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestrep
But the silverstone is (almost) buy one get one free and they last they are not GONE IN SIXTY SECONDS unlike some tyres!!
I'd just like to correct you on a couple of points.

1. Buy one get one free? I don't think so. The people who competed at the first round of the Open Championship, bought two, got two free. The drivers who competed in the first four rounds on the MDA Championship, had another chance to buy two get two free.
I think about 15 drivers got two free tyres and about 7 got an additional two.
From here on in we have to pay for them all.

2. IMHO I don't think the wear rate of the Silverstone is that much less than the Yoko. Plus due to the fact that the Silverstone is not only directional but also left or right sided, you can't move if around the car like you can with the Yoko's. So realisticly I am going to get no more meetings out of the Silverstone, than I do from the Yokohama

3. This is a pointless discussion, because, as a Stockhatch driver I will race on the tyres I am told to by whichever organisation I am racing under.
If I really don't like the tyre an organiser tells me to use, or I feel they are too expensive, I will vote with my feet and race elsewhere.
Old 7 Jul 2007, 08:45 (Ref:1956728)   #52
winnie
Racer

winnie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Mel, why do Kumho tyres only last one meeting, where as Avons and Yoko's last conciderably longer?

Please give me your view as you represent Kumho and should know the product, or are you embarresed by the 'tyre deal'. I would be if i was in your shoes.

The original Kumho rallycross tyre is a good product, and will last a lot longer than the rally tyres that are being used - do you agree?

What difference would it make to know who i am, it won't make the tyres any better.
Old 8 Jul 2007, 18:11 (Ref:1957827)   #53
bestrep
Rookie

bestrep has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet
I'd just like to correct you on a couple of points.

1. Buy one get one free? I don't think so. The people who competed at the first round of the Open Championship, bought two, got two free. The drivers who competed in the first four rounds on the MDA Championship, had another chance to buy two get two free.
I think about 15 drivers got two free tyres and about 7 got an additional two.
From here on in we have to pay for them all.

3. or I feel they are too expensive, I will vote with my feet and race elsewhere.
I would just like to correct you. Yes at the first round it was buy 2 get 2 free however if you did the first 4 rounds you got 2 more FREE!!(NO PURCHASE NECESSARY)so the deal was in fact BUY 2 GET 4 FREE!! Now that is what i call a sponsorship deal.
Old 8 Jul 2007, 18:27 (Ref:1957848)   #54
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bestrep
I would just like to correct you. Yes at the first round it was buy 2 get 2 free however if you did the first 4 rounds you got 2 more FREE!!(NO PURCHASE NECESSARY)so the deal was in fact BUY 2 GET 4 FREE!! Now that is what i call a sponsorship deal.
Sorry. I stand corrected. That is a great deal, for the six drivers eligible.