Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Oct 2021, 00:46 (Ref:4076604)   #176
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Well Dad’s coming and he’s got 1 Mazda and 2 Porsche! I believe their on Michelins though Actually the Mazda is Mum’s.
What will you be driving to the track? Last year I took my wife's CX-5 for the first time, and will do it again this year. I just got a new 3 hatch, but it is too new to take to the red clay. Also it is smaller than my last 3, and I seem to take more stuff every year not less.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 01:21 (Ref:4076609)   #177
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well those are all in England so not those, but it will either be a big SUV or a car from England with not much space, but has been to Le Mans.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 13:25 (Ref:4076655)   #178
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
So 2 Mazda races, 3 Porsche cup races, proto challenge and Conti tires race

Not a bad lineup.
It's an excellent lineup, the best for a while. Having an extra Porsche race is good enough but the addition of the ever-entertaining Mazdas is a real bonus.

The days aren't quite as long as Sebring 2019 (with WEC) but it's a packed schedule with a lot of variety. Been 4 years (!) since I was at Petit and the US border reopening in 'early November' makes this one tempting, but until there's a solid date for reopening I'll be holding off.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 14:08 (Ref:4076668)   #179
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure on the border. We’re assuming it will be open in time! But after the initial announcement I don’t believe there have been any facts.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 14:35 (Ref:4076673)   #180
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
It made me look. Still no news on a date. Latest I could find was an article on how there is no news!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...er/5848058001/
Old 2 Oct 2021, 21:45 (Ref:4076731)   #181
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well tickets arrived today so I figured I would look at the forecast for the original race date.

Ok, think not this week was a good thing now
Old 2 Oct 2021, 22:02 (Ref:4076735)   #182
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
*wanders to the post box*

Nope, not here for me yet.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 22:28 (Ref:4076737)   #183
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
In fairness they could save money and build a good paper airplane for delivery here

It posted Sept 30 so quick even for me to get it here given my shyte post office

Last edited by broadrun96; 2 Oct 2021 at 22:34.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 22:58 (Ref:4076741)   #184
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
yes it’s got much further to come. I was just giddy to see them.

I always forget about the scale. No where in England is as far away from another part as from here to Atlanta.

I did find my neighbor's post in my post box though. Bodes well.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 23:20 (Ref:4076745)   #185
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
It made me look. Still no news on a date. Latest I could find was an article on how there is no news!
https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...er/5848058001/
Mentioned in that article is someone who is 'hoping' for November 1st and just booked a flight regardless. Wish I had money to throw away like that.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 23:47 (Ref:4076751)   #186
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
yes!

I wish I had a life where I was that flexible!

My parents and mother-in-law both booked flights for October months ago when it looked like it might be on. They made sure these were transferable - luckily!
Old 3 Oct 2021, 01:25 (Ref:4076775)   #187
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well tickets arrived today so I figured I would look at the forecast for the original race date.

Well, that's expected, right? Lol

Quote:

I always forget about the scale. No where in England is as far away from another part as from here to Atlanta.

Georgia is the size of England. If you wanted to drive from north to south, its about 5.5 hrs! My folks are from the Eastern Shore of Maryland and trips there were an all dayer. 12-13 hrs with stops unless me and my brother were driving
Old 3 Oct 2021, 01:47 (Ref:4076784)   #188
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Then 14 hours?
Old 3 Oct 2021, 03:46 (Ref:4076800)   #189
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Then 14 hours?
let's just say my dad and mom slept half the way. Pops looked at his watch after we arrived, then looked at me and my brother and just shook his head and smiled.
Old 3 Oct 2021, 13:00 (Ref:4076822)   #190
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Journeys like that are brilliant. Dispatching the miles with ease.

I’ll get a chance in November…
Old 4 Oct 2021, 12:04 (Ref:4076917)   #191
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

Race day looked to be perfect....

I had a dream last night that I showed up at the track and opened my ice chest to see it full of bottle water instead of beer. My heart was broken.
Old 4 Oct 2021, 12:55 (Ref:4076919)   #192
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Race day looked to be perfect....

I had a dream last night that I showed up at the track and opened my ice chest to see it full of bottle water instead of beer. My heart was broken.
That's what I call a nightmare
Old 4 Oct 2021, 13:10 (Ref:4076924)   #193
RX7Mandingo
Rookie

United States
Jacksonville, FL
RX7Mandingo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

When do they usually mail the tickets out? I haven't gotten anything yet and I'm only like 6 hours from Atlanta.
Old 4 Oct 2021, 13:42 (Ref:4076932)   #194
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hope it's a great weekend, always been a great event for Sportscar racing
Old 4 Oct 2021, 19:14 (Ref:4076969)   #195
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7Mandingo View Post
When do they usually mail the tickets out? I haven't gotten anything yet and I'm only like 6 hours from Atlanta.
I would expect them to roll in this week, season pass so I'm guessing ours are first processed.
Old 5 Oct 2021, 01:03 (Ref:4076998)   #196
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX7Mandingo View Post
I got mine today, but I also ordered them the week they went on sale and maybe February or March this year? I'm not actually sure if that matters for mailing out tickets but I'm guessing there is a matter of manpower physically stuffing these envelopes.
Old 5 Oct 2021, 14:45 (Ref:4077048)   #197
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
It's a BEAUTIFUL day in Georgia to have been waiting in line at the gate or inside for those with reserved spots. Poured with rain early and roads in Hall County were closed for flooding
Old 5 Oct 2021, 17:50 (Ref:4077091)   #198
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't believe it's about a month out and I haven't made a single checklist yet.
Last weekend a bunch of us got together to plan some stuff and assign duties, but it turned into a whiskey tasting. Nothing petit related got accomplished. (well, drinking I guess)
I'm really slacking this year.
Old 5 Oct 2021, 19:02 (Ref:4077099)   #199
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
It's a BEAUTIFUL day in Georgia to have been waiting in line at the gate or inside for those with reserved spots. Poured with rain early and roads in Hall County were closed for flooding
I actually had field work this morning and drove that crap wagon through some mud and a soaked yard just so I can feel like it was 2009 or 2015 in T4. Why is all or nothing this time of year?
Old 6 Oct 2021, 01:37 (Ref:4077126)   #200
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I’d be up for late Wednesday, but we’d have to make an effort and would arrive quite late and not arsed about setting up the tent in the dark. Sunset is 7ish I think.

Just one camping pass. They’ll be one small car and one average tent for two.
The time changes on 11/7, so around 6.

Quote:

It not a bad ride. South Carolina is under construction though. The whole state you ask? Yes, for the best part of a decade now. And it's decades overdue.