Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Sep 2021, 15:39 (Ref:4076301)   #76
mprmke
Racer

mprmke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I meant - now that Laser Tools and HARD. have combined efforts, has there been a re-alignment of resources mid-season to bolster the Infiniti effort, in lieu of the Cupras?

[/I]
Not really, no.

A lot of the good teams are getting stronger at the business end of the season as they have learned from the data gathered throughout the season and are getting stronger in the car.

The weaker teams are getting left behind.

I think it is as simple as that really.

It suited BMR, Sutton, Laser Tools Racing and the Moffats at the time to link up and, in turn, with Team HARD. Don't be surprised to see at least one of those factions break off in a different direction after this season is done and dusted. And if not quite that soon, then not too far down the line.....
Old 29 Sep 2021, 16:26 (Ref:4076306)   #77
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I guess there is always the option of checking the specifications of the i-Pace e-trophy cars that had an aluminium shell and FIA-approved ROPS?

As usual I wished I had never asked….
Old 29 Sep 2021, 16:53 (Ref:4076310)   #78
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
As usual I wished I had never asked….
Why did you then?
Old 29 Sep 2021, 17:59 (Ref:4076325)   #79
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do BMR actually still exist? As in the company, I know they went through a stage of changing names every few weeks. The Moffat and Sutton cars are prepped at Team HARD alongside the Cupras.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 18:01 (Ref:4076326)   #80
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Do BMR actually still exist? As in the company, I know they went through a stage of changing names every few weeks. The Moffat and Sutton cars are prepped at Team HARD alongside the Cupras.
Yes they do, https://find-and-update.company-info...mpany/09356881

but reading the last set of accounts you have to wonder how they manage to legally exist.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 18:16 (Ref:4076329)   #81
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I meant - now that Laser Tools and HARD. have combined efforts, has there been a re-alignment of resources mid-season to bolster the Infiniti effort, in lieu of the Cupras?

Sutton (Dec 20): 'It's great to have the addition of Carl Boardley and Team Hard with us for the upcoming season. '

Moffat Sr (Dec 20): 'Having worked commercially with both BMR and Tony Gilham at Team Hard for a number of years, and with our team's amazing success in 2020, I feel that now is the time to elevate Laser Tools Racing to another level. Both teams will utilise some of each other’s resources to assist each other on and off track.'
Prepped in the same building but by different people with no technical data being passed across. There's literally nothing connecting the performances of the two sets of cars because they are the same team in name only. "combined efforts" pretty much just meant the Moffats gained a southern base point and Ash got in a title capable car once again. On race weekends they operate as 3 separate units in neighbouring garages. The 3 Infintis share lap data with themselves but not with the hopeless Cupras.
Old 29 Sep 2021, 18:19 (Ref:4076330)   #82
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Prepped in the same building but by different people with no technical data being passed across. There's literally nothing connecting the performances of the two sets of cars because they are the same team in name only.
Although the cars are completely different so not sure how much data could realistically be shared.
Old 30 Sep 2021, 11:41 (Ref:4076396)   #83
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Depressing seeing the number of people on the 'net calling the hybrid a failure as it was so slow (which it wasn't).

Guess it doesn't matter how much info they put out there's always people who won't read it and then form an opinion regardless.
Old 30 Sep 2021, 12:27 (Ref:4076409)   #84
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Depressing seeing the number of people on the 'net calling the hybrid a failure as it was so slow (which it wasn't).

Guess it doesn't matter how much info they put out there's always people who won't read it and then form an opinion regardless.
Even in this very parish it would seem...
Old 30 Sep 2021, 15:17 (Ref:4076425)   #85
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

just goes to show that people dont actually read things. only headlines.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 04:57 (Ref:4076624)   #86
houston
Rookie

houston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Given that you could both hear and see Jordan backing off on numerous occasions when he had caught the pack he was chasing the car certainly seemed capable.
Old 2 Oct 2021, 16:23 (Ref:4076681)   #87
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Given that you could both hear and see Jordan backing off on numerous occasions when he had caught the pack he was chasing the car certainly seemed capable.
Good grief don’t let the facts get in the way of a moan
Old 2 Oct 2021, 20:00 (Ref:4076715)   #88
Pickles
Veteran

Surprised it hasn't been called hopeless yet...
Old 2 Oct 2021, 21:22 (Ref:4076727)   #89
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Such a wasted talent in that car.... Very underwhelming.
Old 3 Oct 2021, 06:10 (Ref:4076808)   #90
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Looks like AJ won't be coming back after this

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...-btcc/6679648/
Old 3 Oct 2021, 08:07 (Ref:4076813)   #91
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was called hopeless, useless, waste of space etc in numerous posts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. That's what got my goat. People saying it was useless because it finished at the back in every race. Now if they had just read the terms it raced under and looked at the lap times instead.....

Guess there is no fixing stupid with these people.
Old 3 Oct 2021, 09:22 (Ref:4076815)   #92
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
It was called hopeless, useless, waste of space etc in numerous posts on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. That's what got my goat. People saying it was useless because it finished at the back in every race. Now if they had just read the terms it raced under and looked at the lap times instead.....

Guess there is no fixing stupid with these people.
Absolutely. Got to say I'm really looking forward to seeing what difference the new regs make next year.
Old 3 Oct 2021, 18:41 (Ref:4076848)   #93
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Absolutely. Got to say I'm really looking forward to seeing what difference the new regs make next year.
It will be back to being a championship controlled by boost levels because of the lack of ballast.
Old 3 Oct 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4076849)   #94
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
It will be back to being a championship controlled by boost levels because of the lack of ballast.
The hybrid energy levels are replacing the ballast - so why would it revert to boost level tweaks?
Old 3 Oct 2021, 19:14 (Ref:4076851)   #95
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The hybrid energy levels are replacing the ballast - so why would it revert to boost level tweaks?
as you said previously “Even in this very parish it would seem...”
Old 11 Oct 2021, 06:23 (Ref:4077955)   #96
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Is it just me or had the BTCC App stopped working?
Old 11 Oct 2021, 06:32 (Ref:4077956)   #97
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Is it just me or had the BTCC App stopped working?
https://twitter.com/BTCC/status/1446055908916727810?t=7MyFoSM0f277kohZtFBeOg&s=19

'Due to circumstances out of our control the official #BTCC App will not be running for the remainder of the season.

A new and improved version is being produced ahead of the 2022 campaign.

Thanks for your understanding and support.'
Old 11 Oct 2021, 08:34 (Ref:4077971)   #98
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it appears it's not only Laser Tools where not all is rosey. Expect to see a bit more shuffling of 'combined teams' and partnerships over the winter. Add in the fact of who owns some of the TBL's, may well mix it a bit more.
Old 11 Oct 2021, 08:58 (Ref:4077973)   #99
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
https://twitter.com/BTCC/status/1446055908916727810?t=7MyFoSM0f277kohZtFBeOg&s=19

'Due to circumstances out of our control the official #BTCC App will not be running for the remainder of the season.

A new and improved version is being produced ahead of the 2022 campaign.

Thanks for your understanding and support.'
Thanks
Old 11 Oct 2021, 09:00 (Ref:4077974)   #100
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Anyway, we've still got next season to look forward to. Can't wait till more seats start filling