Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Jun 2021, 09:44 (Ref:4056073)   #51
slummingangel
Racer

Ireland
slummingangel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody have the televised race schedule handy? I have to pop out at some stage today and I'd rather not miss a BTCC race whilst out.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 10:30 (Ref:4056080)   #52
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all WSR cars on soft for race 1
Old 13 Jun 2021, 10:38 (Ref:4056082)   #53
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
all WSR cars on soft for race 1
Can't stand all this tyre stuff, that's the only thing they're going to talk about all day. Much better at Thruxton.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 11:09 (Ref:4056097)   #54
porsche962fan
Veteran

Jake Hill one of the few drivers who stands up to Sutton
Old 13 Jun 2021, 11:11 (Ref:4056098)   #55
slummingangel
Racer

Ireland
slummingangel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liking the addition in car and rear view features in the Race positions HUD. The HUD needs to show a bit more of the positions of the cars not it the Top 20 though, it only showed it once or twice in the opening laps and not for the rest of the race
Old 13 Jun 2021, 11:12 (Ref:4056099)   #56
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Good win by Colin, Tingram kept him honest at times. Plenty of good battling behind, don’t think we had a single retirement?

Hill keeps his championship lead with maximum ballast, now let’s see how he goes with less ballast in R2. At least Flash got a point at the end. Cook shockingly off the pace after a great weekend at Thruxton
Old 13 Jun 2021, 11:20 (Ref:4056101)   #57
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Fairly dull first race
Old 13 Jun 2021, 11:25 (Ref:4056102)   #58
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Fairly dull first race
everyone keeps their powder dry
Old 13 Jun 2021, 11:45 (Ref:4056106)   #59
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Can't stand all this tyre stuff, that's the only thing they're going to talk about all day. Much better at Thruxton.
Agreed, change for changes sake.

Neither Dan Cammish or Harry King won Carrera Cup race 1
Old 13 Jun 2021, 11:47 (Ref:4056107)   #60
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Round Two, Snetterton 12-13 Jun, Races 4,5&6

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Fairly dull first race

Must have missed all that battling behind the first three

Anyway the F4 race just had a pointless SC
Old 13 Jun 2021, 11:52 (Ref:4056109)   #61
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Could be a more interesting season then, grid looks a little stronger than last year.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 12:04 (Ref:4056112)   #62
HopAlong
Racer

HopAlong should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ever since they have gone to these LMP2 style construction of tyres the racing hasn't been as good. The different compounds should have different strengths and weaknesses, currently one is way better than the other. In todays weather a soft shouldn't be setting the best lap on 9 of 12 and being faster than a medium over a race distance.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 12:13 (Ref:4056118)   #63
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Never mind!
Old 13 Jun 2021, 12:15 (Ref:4056123)   #64
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Never mind!
Yeah

10 second penalty to Hanafin for a jump start. Cammish wins, Hanafin drops to P3.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 13:14 (Ref:4056146)   #65
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:

Well that aged well. Seemed a little bit harsh the penalty, didn’t seem he really gained an advantage. Obviously the stewards have better data though
Old 13 Jun 2021, 13:22 (Ref:4056148)   #66
Evantra
Veteran

England
Have a feeling we're going to see a few punctures in this one...
Old 13 Jun 2021, 13:47 (Ref:4056154)   #67
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Sutton always seems to be able to drive through the field like no one else.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 14:00 (Ref:4056157)   #68
swooshiain
Racer

Scotland
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great stuff between Jackson and Ingram - Jackson really has developed into a solid front runner.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 14:06 (Ref:4056159)   #69
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great drive from Ash - soft tyres and no weight definitely did help but it's still a remarkable effort.
Great race overall and I suppose I'm not the only one who'd like to see Hawkins stay for the rest of the season? She's doing not a bad job and has beaten Edwards in all sessions so far if I'm not wrong.
Shedden seems to be struggling...
Old 13 Jun 2021, 14:07 (Ref:4056160)   #70
S griffin
Veteran

What a drive by Sutton, though Colin managed to come back at him at the end. Great battle by Tingram and OJ too. Ollie really has got better and better as a driver since 2019 when he joined Motorbase

Be interesting to hear what happened to Hill, really bad race for the ex championship leader
Old 13 Jun 2021, 14:15 (Ref:4056163)   #71
Evantra
Veteran

England
What's happening with Chilton? Expected him to be bang on par with Morgan (who I expected to be ahead of Jelley & Oliphant).
Old 13 Jun 2021, 14:25 (Ref:4056167)   #72
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I suppose I'm not the only one who'd like to see Hawkins stay for the rest of the season? She's doing not a bad job and has beaten Edwards in all sessions so far if I'm not wrong.
You are wrong - Edwards finished higher in FP2. Although I wonder why you pick Edwards for comparison instead of Parfitt, Hamilton or Butel - who Hawkins had beaten in all sessions?

If you look beyond FP2 then Hawkins has also finished ahead of Smelt in every session. She's putting in a good performance as a driver compared to the whole of the grid.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 14:36 (Ref:4056174)   #73
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
You are wrong - Edwards finished higher in FP2. Although I wonder why you pick Edwards for comparison instead of Parfitt, Hamilton or Butel - who Hawkins had beaten in all sessions?

If you look beyond FP2 then Hawkins has also finished ahead of Smelt in every session. She's putting in a good performance as a driver compared to the whole of the grid.
Ahhh I knew someone will have an issue with this.
As for Smelt he's been probably the biggest disappointment so far. Hadn't expected him to fight for podiums but likewise I hadn't expected him to be so slow. Basically he's among the very slowest drivers and often worst of them all. Quite disappointing.
Old 13 Jun 2021, 14:45 (Ref:4056175)   #74
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Ahhh I knew someone will have an issue with this.
As for Smelt he's been probably the biggest disappointment so far. Hadn't expected him to fight for podiums but likewise I hadn't expected him to be so slow. Basically he's among the very slowest drivers and often worst of them all. Quite disappointing.
I was pleasantly surprised that he scored points at Thruxton, but that's looking a bit anomalous now. Sad finally seeing a second Toyota for it to be wasted. Expected more from Parfitt too.

As for Butel....
Old 13 Jun 2021, 14:45 (Ref:4056176)   #75
S griffin
Veteran

Yes I agree on Smelt. Whilst Butcher is getting results in the car, he’s not even in the top 20. What’s the point of Speedworks expanding to two works Toyotas if they are not going to make good use of the second seat?