Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who Would Have Thought That Robert Kubica Would Drive This Weekend?
I did 2 33.33%
I Didn't 3 50.00%
I Did and I Didn't 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22 Nov 2018, 22:03 (Ref:3865104)   #76
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kubica's performances in P1 sessions this year have been underwhelming.I can't see anything but disappointment for the team in 2019 unless Russell really steps up.
Old 23 Nov 2018, 15:35 (Ref:3865252)   #77
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Kubica's performances in P1 sessions this year have been underwhelming.I can't see anything but disappointment for the team in 2019 unless Russell really steps up.
Did he not do very well indeed at Barcelona?
Old 23 Nov 2018, 17:35 (Ref:3865279)   #78
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting feature on how RK steers today on SkyF1. The right hand has no grip and on a left bend he has to use his palm strength to turn the wheel.
As Ant said on the Sky pad, the real problem may occur if the Williams "steps out" (tank slapper) and he has to steer right/left right/left very quickly....
Old 23 Nov 2018, 17:49 (Ref:3865282)   #79
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Likewise I’d also suggest a wheel to wheel tap in for example a T1 incident. Can he hold the wheel straight against contact and prevent a domino accident. Yes these happen with able bodied drivers but would he be more susceptible or less able to reducing the effect.
Old 24 Nov 2018, 01:36 (Ref:3865355)   #80
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Likewise I’d also suggest a wheel to wheel tap in for example a T1 incident. Can he hold the wheel straight against contact and prevent a domino accident. Yes these happen with able bodied drivers but would he be more susceptible or less able to reducing the effect.
So they seem to not only have bent the superlicence rules to suit, but the physical requirements as well?
Old 24 Nov 2018, 05:17 (Ref:3865386)   #81
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Practice 1 Abu Dahbi, Kubica 1.5 secs slower than Stroll.
Old 24 Nov 2018, 07:17 (Ref:3865398)   #82
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Practice 1 Abu Dahbi, Kubica 1.5 secs slower than Stroll.
He was allegedly testing new parts and not going for a time.
Old 24 Nov 2018, 08:44 (Ref:3865409)   #83
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
He was allegedly testing new parts and not going for a time.
Williams has even bigger problems than we thought if that's what an upgrade looks like.