Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 May 2013, 20:27 (Ref:3244984)   #26
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
An investment group owning an F1 team outright is weird IMO. You don't enter and own in F1 to make a profit and the priority for an investment group is to earn a profit. It's like a vegetarian owning and running an abattoir.

I can see an IG being a minority shareholder, fine, but an outright owner in F1? It's surely a contradiction in terms and doesn't bode well for Lotus long term, IMO.
Old 9 May 2013, 23:31 (Ref:3245036)   #27
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Well I wear glasses and it's never gotten me anywhere.......

(Sorry, I'll get me coat....... )

I 'saw' that one coming.
Old 10 May 2013, 04:31 (Ref:3245102)   #28
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lotus F1 lost a 'significant' amount of money (reported to be 50M+ Euro) when a sponsorship deal fell through just days before the 2013 car launch. The red areas you see on the 2013 cars were reserved for this sponsor, reported to be global giant Honeywell. Lotus had no time to change the design of the livery so slapped GENII on the side pods, Total on the rear wing, Kimi on the airbox cover and left the front wing flap blank.

Old 10 May 2013, 12:04 (Ref:3245337)   #29
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sad for them...
Old 10 May 2013, 18:34 (Ref:3245378)   #30
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
An investment group owning an F1 team outright is weird IMO. You don't enter and own in F1 to make a profit and the priority for an investment group is to earn a profit. It's like a vegetarian owning and running an abattoir.

I can see an IG being a minority shareholder, fine, but an outright owner in F1? It's surely a contradiction in terms and doesn't bode well for Lotus long term, IMO.
I totally agree. Promoting brand awareness through sponsorship is one thing but an F1 team is not the place to get a return on your money, there are far too many variables and F1 itself is a fickle business.
Old 10 May 2013, 18:57 (Ref:3245386)   #31
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Total was always going to be on the rear wing end plate, thats sort of where they like to be...
Old 10 May 2013, 23:31 (Ref:3245493)   #32
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Its all over for them, rubbish team anyway...
Old 11 May 2013, 01:50 (Ref:3245527)   #33
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
Total was always going to be on the rear wing end plate, thats sort of where they like to be...
Good real-estate, .
Old 11 May 2013, 07:17 (Ref:3245579)   #34
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
At the risk of flamebait here but I had it on fairly good authority that a certain team missed pay dates for its staff at least a couple of times last year which did not go down very well with senior members.

This team allegedly now has even less sponsor revenue to play with.....
Old 11 May 2013, 14:57 (Ref:3245711)   #35
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's sad news...
Old 11 May 2013, 15:50 (Ref:3245735)   #36
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Its all over for them, rubbish team anyway...
This post was in jest of course.. I hope that they can continue and stay healthy..
Old 13 May 2013, 15:43 (Ref:3246786)   #37
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
This post was in jest of course.. I hope that they can continue and stay healthy..
Well, they could do worse than pressure Ferrari and RBR for wins every 2 or 3weeks. Keep doing that and they will surely attract funding. Be interesting to see what occurs later in the year towards 2014.
Old 13 May 2013, 18:26 (Ref:3246862)   #38
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Kimi is right there at the top, this must value something...
Old 14 May 2013, 05:40 (Ref:3247117)   #39
321Go
Veteran

Lotus F1 has sold a 2% stake in the team for £1m. Not sure if £1m will be enough to keep KimRaik at Enstone.

http://www.pitpass.com/49055-Propert...-Lotus-F1-team
Old 14 May 2013, 12:37 (Ref:3247259)   #40
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 321Go View Post
Lotus F1 has sold a 2% stake in the team for £1m. Not sure if £1m will be enough to keep KimRaik at Enstone.

http://www.pitpass.com/49055-Propert...-Lotus-F1-team
Is he leaving ?
Old 22 May 2013, 07:01 (Ref:3251515)   #41
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Is he leaving ?
Well... Kimi has two very firm contracts for the 2014 season in front of him. One contract is from LotusF1. The other contract is offering him a much bigger pay packet, apparently .

Kimi's in a similar situation to Hamilton same time last year I guess. Except, Lotus probably hasn't got the funds to match or better the other offer. They apparently owe staff in back pay, and some have even suggested James Allison is/was one staff member who was owed money.

Kimi liked working with James, and vise versa. Could it be that IF James signs on with 'Team X', Kimi will follow? Or IF Kimi signs on with 'Team X' then James will also follow him?? But who could this 'Team X' be?? So many questions!
Old 22 May 2013, 07:07 (Ref:3251516)   #42
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Well... Kimi has two very firm contracts for the 2014 season in front of him. One contract is from LotusF1. The other contract is offering him a much bigger pay packet, apparently .

Kimi's in a similar situation to Hamilton same time last year I guess. Except, Lotus probably hasn't got the funds to match or better the other offer. They apparently owe staff in back pay, and some have even suggested James Allison is/was one staff member who was owed money.

Kimi liked working with James, and vise versa. Could it be that IF James signs on with 'Team X', Kimi will follow? Or IF Kimi signs on with 'Team X' then James will also follow him?? But who could this 'Team X' be?? So many questions!
But I thought it had been confirmed tha James Allison had signed with Mercedes? Are you saying they're also after Kimi?
Old 22 May 2013, 07:28 (Ref:3251523)   #43
321Go
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
But I thought it had been confirmed tha James Allison had signed with Mercedes?
I haven't heard or read confirmation on that anywhere VIVA. Anymore info? Link?
Old 22 May 2013, 10:01 (Ref:3251566)   #44
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I haven't heard or read confirmation on that anywhere VIVA. Anymore info? Link?
OOPS! Sorry, my mistake (I shouldn't have posted before I was awake!). I've just checked Autosport (where I thought I'd got the information from) and see that it's Paddy Lowe who's confirmed as joining Mercedes.
So sorry for misleading everyone...
Old 22 May 2013, 18:47 (Ref:3251798)   #45
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well if the team really is having financial trouble some of the staff will know and start jumping ship as soon as an opportunity arises so if more start to leave then the end will not be long
Old 22 May 2013, 19:44 (Ref:3251819)   #46
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well if the team really is having financial trouble some of the staff will know and start jumping ship as soon as an opportunity arises so if more start to leave then the end will not be long
I didn't read anywhere they are in financial trouble...
Old 23 May 2013, 00:01 (Ref:3251918)   #47
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I must admit a Vettel vs Raikkonen thread would be interesting if Kimi signs for RBR.
Old 23 May 2013, 01:58 (Ref:3251972)   #48
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Last edited by Malfunction Junction; 23 May 2013 at 02:05.
Old 23 May 2013, 06:04 (Ref:3252029)   #49
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
A number of leading people have left in he last 12 months and reappeared in other teams but that's not indicative of trouble as people always move around in F1 and Enstone's always had talent within to promote.
Old 23 May 2013, 14:18 (Ref:3252187)   #50
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
A number of leading people have left in he last 12 months and reappeared in other teams but that's not indicative of trouble as people always move around in F1 and Enstone's always had talent within to promote.
If it's just one way traffic - or a disproportionate level of intellect going out of your organisation, then you're very firmly on the backfoot.

Whereas if you are poaching intellect into your organisation, your organisation is taking the initiative.

That shouldn't be overstressed mind you but it is one strong indicator of where a team is at.