Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 24 Nov 2002, 23:20 (Ref:436060)   #1
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Antonio Perez

I know that the young MDR driver has support from his countryman Adrian Fernandez , but in this weeks Club Autosport it says he has backing as well from Juan Paplo Montoya .....

does anyone know if that is true , or is that just Autosport getting carried away with themselfs again.....

I mean , Montoya is Columbian , not Mexican .
Old 25 Nov 2002, 12:51 (Ref:436348)   #2
Morcilman
Racer

Spain
Spain
Morcilman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its obious that hes got a lot of support. They are talking a lot of him, but do you know who he is or what is he done?
Old 25 Nov 2002, 20:35 (Ref:436656)   #3
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think he has signed for MDR next year as well in the FF Zetecs.
Old 26 Nov 2002, 00:12 (Ref:436813)   #4
Cult Arde Sux
Rookie

Cult Arde Sux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His father did, or does take care of Adrian Fernandez's PR on the Mexico side. Adrian is 'a god' in Mexico, so with that young Antonio is quite connected through his father's business.

Adrian helps out quite a few young Mexicans as more of an advisor. He also helps A. Lopez Martienez who drove in the FR winter series for JVA.

As far as the Montoya connection, I think that's Autosport spicing up their clip.
Old 26 Nov 2002, 01:05 (Ref:436831)   #5
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aurelio used to run some Formula Dodge in the states backed by Herdez
Old 26 Nov 2002, 08:14 (Ref:436923)   #6
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Cult Arde Sux
As far as the Montoya connection, I think that's Autosport spicing up their clip.

yep , thats what i think as well , as ive never heard anything before about the Montoya connection.
Old 26 Nov 2002, 11:00 (Ref:437037)   #7
Cult Arde Sux
Rookie

Cult Arde Sux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya is quite helpful and willing to give advise to a lot of youngsters, so maybe that's a open door for the press or driver's PR to claim Montoya's "support". I wouldn't publish it in my worldwide mag though!

Juan does have a Karting team to support some young drivers. I belive it's looked after by his Brother and over seen by his Father. (fully paid for)
Montoya, a top bloke!
Old 27 Nov 2002, 15:30 (Ref:437986)   #8
Morcilman
Racer

Spain
Spain
Morcilman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any web page?
Old 30 Nov 2002, 12:17 (Ref:440041)   #9
AndyM
Racer

AndyM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I worked at MDR for a while part time, but I don't know about the Montoya connection. Fernandez visited the Thruxton round as you will no doubt know, but I had moved onto work full time so couldn't attend Thruxton. Antonio is a great little driver - he has come along way since he made his debut in cars in thw winter series last year.

I'll be off to Barcelona for the F1 testing soon so I'll ask JPM if i get a spare moment...
Old 30 Nov 2002, 13:10 (Ref:440066)   #10
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
... nice one Andy , it would be nice to know for sure.