Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Mar 2004, 19:58 (Ref:909659)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Mattracer
Senna/Mansell was it Portugal? 1985 or 1986???

Now that was close.
Do you mean Jerez 1986 by chance?
Old 18 Mar 2004, 20:41 (Ref:909719)   #27
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
But if the bumping went on these days the stewards would issue a stop go penalty.
"Cars 12 and 16 under investigation"
Old 18 Mar 2004, 20:44 (Ref:909726)   #28
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
I had a thread about this years ago, but the link to the video has changed to:

http://www.globalserve.net/~trauttf/Gilles/Dijon79.mpeg

Enjoy!
Old 18 Mar 2004, 20:44 (Ref:909728)   #29
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Either that or "cars 12 and 16 have dissapeared from our timing monitors". You simply can't bang wheels these days, whichever way you think about it.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 21:02 (Ref:909750)   #30
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
Bon ... Elio de Angelis made his debut in 1979 didnt he at Kyalami or was it Argentina where half the field crashed off on lap 1 ?...another great race that one was ..Lafitte won in the Ligier ...now that something we havent heard of from a while !
Yes... Argentina 1979 was a great race... The debut of De Angelis... The multiple crash on lap 1, initiated by Watson and Scheckter involving many others... And the great win of Laffite with the Ligier, followed by Carlos Reutemann in a Lotus 79 in what was the best race of "Lole" in his home soil...
Old 19 Mar 2004, 04:01 (Ref:910157)   #31
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To go further with the "could it happen today" theory.

Sadly the bodywork of the modern F1 car has too many fragile bits. Barge boards, and aerodynamic suspension etc. Witness Germany last year. Had we been running the more "flexible" fully ground effect cars with hefty suspension and full length sidepods the damage possibly wouldn't have been anywhere near as bad.

Another point. Where was the 1979 world champion in that race?
Old 19 Mar 2004, 04:16 (Ref:910184)   #32
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow. That video and obituary are truely something else. I can't believe Gilles pulled those moves off. It seems to defy logic that his moves didn't cause him to lose gobs of momentum.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 05:02 (Ref:910237)   #33
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Im round Sato san's house all night tonight as were watching friday practice from Malaysia , During the interval between sessions were just about to watch Dijon 79 race again , and maybe Argentina too .
Old 19 Mar 2004, 18:17 (Ref:910989)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Old 19 Mar 2004, 18:26 (Ref:911000)   #35
santori
Racer

santori should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think Arnoux recieves enough credit for his brilliant driving.
At the time there was some unhappiness amongst other drivers, including Scheckter, who felt it was unnecessarily dangerous. I think it was Scheckter who said so in a driver's meeting. Arnoux replied with something along the lines of 'maybe if YOU had been involved. Me and Gilles - we knew we could trust each other.'
Old 19 Mar 2004, 18:34 (Ref:911012)   #36
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mekola
... followed by Carlos Reutemann in a Lotus 79 in what was the best race of "Lole" in his home soil...
Surely his first GP, in 1972 in a previously undistinguished Brabham BT34 with Pole, running in the lead and managing seventh after pitting, was his best Argentine GP?
Old 19 Mar 2004, 18:48 (Ref:911025)   #37
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now there was Mr inconsistency.

He managed to seriously wind up Lauda but totally lost his edge against Jones.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 18:50 (Ref:911028)   #38
santori
Racer

santori should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Reutemann? Well, he was much better against Jones in '81 than he'd been against Lauda in '78. Though not in '80.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 18:59 (Ref:911037)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Hence Mr inconsistency.
Old 23 Mar 2004, 12:31 (Ref:916393)   #40
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
Do you mean Jerez 1986 by chance?
I do indeed.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 23 Mar 2004, 15:43 (Ref:916624)   #41
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I'm watching Dijon again tonight......I love it! Just love it!
Old 23 Mar 2004, 16:49 (Ref:916701)   #42
BARrouette
Racer

BARrouette should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Does have a video link for that amazing race i really need to see that again that was a great race.1979 i was only 7 y. old , too bad that i became a f1 fanatic around 1982.