Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 6 Jun 2010, 16:37 (Ref:2705556)   #1
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rounds 10, 11 and 12 - Oulton Park - 5/6 June 2010

Where's the race thread?

I see the grass is in-bounds at Oulton Park.
Old 6 Jun 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2705603)   #2
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I only got to see race 2 but the rest is taped so I`ll catch up with it later. It was way to good weather over here to spend the entire afternoon somewhere inside in front of the telly
Old 6 Jun 2010, 18:16 (Ref:2705610)   #3
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff View Post
I see the grass is in-bounds at Oulton Park.
The observers on Saturday were calling in a few cars in most sessions for repeatedly running (very) wide at Old Hall. I think the Porkers calmed down a bit after two of them ended up clattering the barriers on either side...
Old 7 Jun 2010, 14:17 (Ref:2706096)   #4
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Andy Neate has had his points taken away for 9th place in race three after his contact with Andrew Jordan.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84210
Old 7 Jun 2010, 15:34 (Ref:2706159)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTCC race 3 and the Clios were the highlights, althoguh most of the races had some drama and action. I just wish the grid levels and standards were a bit higher, and that McDowall and Boardman had been luckier in race 3. We never saw the Jordan/Neate incident, but it's no surprise to find that Jordan was blameless. Both he and O'Neill have had horrible weekends. Hearing Collard complain that there was too much deliberate contact is amusing...
Old 7 Jun 2010, 17:40 (Ref:2706221)   #6
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we have not seen the crash yet that caused the DQ. the TV missed it and i wonder if the a youtuber has the crash we are talking about
Old 7 Jun 2010, 18:56 (Ref:2706262)   #7
GOLDFINGER
Racer

GOLDFINGER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1st time ive watched btcc for ages, what engine has the Focus got ? it seems well rapid
Old 7 Jun 2010, 19:00 (Ref:2706265)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
turbo LPG engine.
Old 7 Jun 2010, 19:15 (Ref:2706275)   #9
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think a lot of its speed yesterday was more down to the new aero development they've done and also the revo knuckle suspension they're somehow allowed to run
Old 7 Jun 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2706304)   #10
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide View Post
BTCC race 3 and the Clios were the highlights, althoguh most of the races had some drama and action.
I'd have to disagree with the Clio's, the reduced grid this year seems to have castrated the series, a lot less action than previous years.

The Ginetta Juniors were much more exciting to watch. Those and the Eurofighter display!
Old 8 Jun 2010, 16:22 (Ref:2706800)   #11
GOLDFINGER
Racer

GOLDFINGER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is revo knuckle suspension ?
Old 8 Jun 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2706859)   #12
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see WSR are complaining about inconsistancies to the rules after Neate's penalty, this they have a good point on as how can Matt Neal do effectively the same but be treated differently at Thruxton on Collard.

As much as i did not want to knock the Focus it does appear to have a big advantage but rather than peg them back maybe the other teams simply need to raise their game. I do fear they will be further restricted.

Interesting James Thompson tested for Dynamics Honda, are we seeing a current Honda driver going again or simply covering themselves to bring in a third car towards the end of the championship.

Whilst Chevy appear to be struggling a bit the fact remains that assuming Plato stays in the hunt RML/Chevy can wheel out three further cars from the WTCC for a 5 car assult.... umm
Old 8 Jun 2010, 18:13 (Ref:2706864)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
It seems odd that Chevy are slow in a straight line, as they have one of the strongest NA S2000 engines that I am aware of.
Old 8 Jun 2010, 20:51 (Ref:2706947)   #14
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby View Post
Whilst Chevy appear to be struggling a bit the fact remains that assuming Plato stays in the hunt RML/Chevy can wheel out three further cars from the WTCC for a 5 car assult.... umm
Much of the BTCC budget comes from Silverline rather than Chevrolet directly so unlikely that Chevy would be prepared to throw that much more money at winning the title. Besides 2 of the last 3 BTCC rounds clash with WTCC, and for the last the WTCC teams will be on the boat to Japan, so they couldn't run those extra cars even if they wanted to.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 11:15 (Ref:2707187)   #15
tin-top fan
Rookie

England
tin-top fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby View Post
Interesting James Thompson tested for Dynamics Honda, are we seeing a current Honda driver going again or simply covering themselves to bring in a third car towards the end of the championship.
Thompson tested the car due to being around at the right time and also being the only driver to have driven the 2009 car in race conditions and well as the most up to date 2010 variant. He was also looking at undertaking the rest of the etcc with the civic but honda have decided it's not worth it (I can see why to be honest, I can't see much marketing potential in the etcc to be honest. Would be useful to put a 3rd car into the final round of the btcc)
Old 9 Jun 2010, 14:05 (Ref:2707287)   #16
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Would have preferred to have seen the Accord rather than the Civic in the BTCC anyhow. I wonder why TD chose the Civic over the Accord.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 16:23 (Ref:2707463)   #17
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDFINGER View Post
What is revo knuckle suspension ?
I think it's what Ford use on the road going Focus RS - some sort of trick suspension designed to reduce / eliminate the torque steer that you normally get with powerful front-wheel drive cars. I hadn't realize that it was used on the touring car version as mentioned above but if so it might help.
Old 9 Jun 2010, 18:29 (Ref:2707621)   #18
Spanner monkey
Racer

England
Norwich
Spanner monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I wonder why TD chose the Civic over the Accord
Maybe because the civics are u.k built & all the support they've had over the years is from Honda UK not Honda europe
Old 10 Jun 2010, 11:42 (Ref:2708172)   #19
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Much of the BTCC budget comes from Silverline rather than Chevrolet directly so unlikely that Chevy would be prepared to throw that much more money at winning the title. Besides 2 of the last 3 BTCC rounds clash with WTCC, and for the last the WTCC teams will be on the boat to Japan, so they couldn't run those extra cars even if they wanted to.
Yes, it's more of a semi-works effort in terms of the backing Chevy has given. I understand young master MacDowall will have paid a hefty price for his seat, having heard some of the figured quoted. Although it may have been offset with some deal for ECM to transport Chevy cars to the dealers.