Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Dec 2013, 08:04 (Ref:3347923)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HSCC Cadwell Park

http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Chart_...ar_2014_V8.pdf
Old 12 Jun 2014, 21:57 (Ref:3419659)   #2
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Timetable http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provis...well_Park_.pdf
Entry list http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provis...rophy_2014.pdf
Old 13 Jun 2014, 10:20 (Ref:3419846)   #3
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is now a revised timetable for Cadwell. The first one didn't show any signing-on or scrutineering times.

http://www.hscc.org.uk/images/Provis...ll_ParkV2_.pdf
Old 13 Jun 2014, 20:32 (Ref:3420064)   #4
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Wolds Trophy 21/22 June
I'm trying to find out some details about camping facilities for next weekend. I'm just an avid spectator travelling up from Sussex.
Any information would be welcome, as the MSV details about camping are a bit sparse.
Where is the campsite located? Inside the circuit confines?(I have a season pass for MSV circuits) Is it a hike to the toilets/restaurant?
I've only visited Cadwell once many years ago for a BEMSE bike meeting so I'm really looking forward to seeing some 4 wheel action around what I remember to be a gloriously magnificent circuit. Thanks.
Old 13 Jun 2014, 20:52 (Ref:3420076)   #5
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
HSCC Wolds Trophy 21/22 June
I'm trying to find out some details about camping facilities for next weekend. I'm just an avid spectator travelling up from Sussex.
Any information would be welcome, as the MSV details about camping are a bit sparse.
Where is the campsite located? Inside the circuit confines?(I have a season pass for MSV circuits) Is it a hike to the toilets/restaurant?
I've only visited Cadwell once many years ago for a BEMSE bike meeting so I'm really looking forward to seeing some 4 wheel action around what I remember to be a gloriously magnificent circuit. Thanks.
Camping is by the paddock, behind Hall bends. It is inside the circuit.
Toilets are about 100 yard walk, the restaurant 50 yards further.
Cadwell don't charge for camping, at small events at least.
Old 13 Jun 2014, 20:55 (Ref:3420078)   #6
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for that.
Old 14 Jun 2014, 16:57 (Ref:3420798)   #7
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshalling and camping as well.. fingers crossed for the weather (and hopefully a couple of the grids will improve also). Should be a great weekend.

Last edited by Dan Friel; 14 Jun 2014 at 16:57. Reason: spelling..
Old 14 Jun 2014, 20:35 (Ref:3421014)   #8
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there both days, at assembly exit and Charlies gate at various times each day throughout the weekend.
Old 15 Jun 2014, 14:58 (Ref:3422059)   #9
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cadwell Park

I'll be there both days spectating with my wife, this is the only meeting she comes to each year, she loves Cadwell she wants a bungalow built up at Charlies.
Iam disapointed with the Classic F3 entry, only 6 cars, how many will be left by race 2, my money is on Garth Walters Mallock for an out right win.

One of my old cars is out in the Classic Clubman races David Childs Centure Mk14. I built this car 40 years ago (still can't belive it that long ago) to race in F1300, it's now a A class car and looks better than it did 40 years ago.

PS. I could use a couple of tickets.

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 15 Jun 2014, 17:17 (Ref:3422133)   #10
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have entered the CF3 race with my March 763, but am not yet in the entry list. Perhaps some other late entries?
Marcus
Old 15 Jun 2014, 17:43 (Ref:3422144)   #11
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Mussa View Post
I have entered the CF3 race with my March 763, but am not yet in the entry list. Perhaps some other late entries?
Marcus
Well done Marcus, hope you can improve on your 2 third places at Snetterton.
Still room for another 20 car

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 15 Jun 2014, 18:52 (Ref:3422198)   #12
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A couple of years ago there were huge entries for this meeting and it was my highlight of the year. I'm not sure whether to make the trip for this one though with poor entries in nearly every category. You have to wonder whether there are just too many historic meetings now and with cars spread too thin.
Old 20 Jun 2014, 18:17 (Ref:3424316)   #13
brands
Veteran

A very nice and loud BRM running the circuit with a film crew in tow this evening.
Old 20 Jun 2014, 18:57 (Ref:3424325)   #14
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Work done and dusted for the week, cleaned out the van and the weather is set fair. Been planning this meeting since the beginning of the year with a like minded petrolhead from Sussex, we'll be on our way at the crack of sparrows for a weekends indulgence.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 10:28 (Ref:3425313)   #15
brands
Veteran

Enjoyable weekend, fair weather, fantastic circuit and good racing.
The place is so photogenic I took far too many photos and walked many a mile.

First time I've seen this pair in the Historic tourers.

Old 23 Jun 2014, 12:53 (Ref:3425390)   #16
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Is that Audi/auto Union a two stroker ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 23 Jun 2014, 13:02 (Ref:3425394)   #17
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the program number 8 a DKW F12 and number 90 a DKW 3=6. both sounded like two strokes and definite smell of two stroke in the air.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 14:15 (Ref:3425423)   #18
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the 2-stroke theme, there was somebody driving a Wartburg estate round the paddock on Saturday. It sounded really sweet.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 15:06 (Ref:3425444)   #19
simonb87
Rookie

England
Stevenage
simonb87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it was supporting the DKW team!
Old 23 Jun 2014, 15:12 (Ref:3425447)   #20
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sweetly?
Old 23 Jun 2014, 17:04 (Ref:3425491)   #21
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
Enjoyable weekend, fair weather, fantastic circuit and good racing.
The place is so photogenic I took far too many photos and walked many a mile.
Same here, surely the most picturesque circuit in the UK and uninhibited viewing all round plus the dulcet tones of Marcus Pye who doesn't miss a beat. The views of the formula juniors and the FF2000's around the mountain esses are wonderful but then the whole circuit is stunning from a spectating point of view, must be terrific to drive. Worth all the effort to get there for the weekend. Thanks to everybody concerned for the moving the meeting to June.
Old 23 Jun 2014, 17:21 (Ref:3425496)   #22
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Third time I've been to watch this meeting - its superb! I've uploaded a few photographs from Sunday, I'll be adding to them soon...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/125639...7644912553129/

You're right about Cadwell being picturesque. I live barely 15 mins away from the track but this is probably the only meeting I go and watch there. Really need to address that!
Old 23 Jun 2014, 21:51 (Ref:3425620)   #23
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cadwell is just a fantastic circuit. As a snapper it provides so many options, you can play it safe or try some more artistic stuff. Coupled with the HSCC machinery it meant I really enjoyed my day there :-) Friendly bunch up there too.

My gallery is up here if anyone fancies a look - http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/albu...l-park-photos/

Here's a couple of shots for the thread;

cheers
Az
Old 24 Jun 2014, 01:38 (Ref:3425686)   #24
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Az View Post
Cadwell is just a fantastic circuit. As a snapper it provides so many options, you can play it safe or try some more artistic stuff. Coupled with the HSCC machinery it meant I really enjoyed my day there :-) Friendly bunch up there too.

My gallery is up here if anyone fancies a look - http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/albu...l-park-photos/

Here's a couple of shots for the thread;
cheers
Az
Nice work, great gallery on the web site.

Totally agree about the circuit.
Old 25 Jun 2014, 17:53 (Ref:3426393)   #25
brands
Veteran

A few random shots from the weekend

Saturday 1
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0052.jpg   IMG_0360.jpg   IMG_0542.jpg  

IMG_0819.jpg   IMG_1007.jpg   IMG_1146.jpg