Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 7 Sep 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3132555)   #2476
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus666 View Post
Am I the only one who choose BBC before Sky because I think Edwards/Coulthard are better than Croft/Brundle?
However, Edwards and Brundle would have been such an epic pair!
The bbc coverage is still superb, but the sky coverage has taken it to a whole new level.. When I watch the bbc coverage it is because I enjoy Jake and EJ so much. Ben Edwards is a top guy, great Broadcaster but I do prefer Crofty for F1
Old 7 Sep 2012, 18:59 (Ref:3132601)   #2477
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well its highlights this weekend but with the weather predicted to be nice in the UK and my lack of enthusiasm for Monza being factored in, I'm just dandy with that. I don't mind waiting until 5.30 to watch the race
Old 7 Sep 2012, 20:39 (Ref:3132638)   #2478
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
Well its highlights this weekend but with the weather predicted to be nice in the UK and my lack of enthusiasm for Monza being factored in, I'm just dandy with that. I don't mind waiting until 5.30 to watch the race
Every cloud has a silver lining !
Old 7 Sep 2012, 21:04 (Ref:3132654)   #2479
henners88
Veteran

Wales
It does this weekend at least.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 21:30 (Ref:3132665)   #2480
henners88
Veteran

Wales
Anyway, I've enjoyed some of my time here. All the best to those I've debated with and even those with Sky who have rubbed it in on ocassion lol

Adios gentlemen.
Old 7 Sep 2012, 21:31 (Ref:3132666)   #2481
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who was the user that used to say he preferred ITV because the adverts allowed him to go for a wee?
Old 7 Sep 2012, 21:32 (Ref:3132667)   #2482
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Anyway, I've enjoyed some of my time here. All the best to those I've debated with and even those with Sky who have rubbed it in on ocassion lol

Adios gentlemen.
No problem, all the best
Old 7 Sep 2012, 22:26 (Ref:3132693)   #2483
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Adios gentlemen.
Does this mean your leaving us? And if you have, you won't be able to read this post !
Old 7 Sep 2012, 22:46 (Ref:3132702)   #2484
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
Totally agree. Ben did F1 for Eurosport years ago, or was it Bernievision? I can't remember, but he is a total pro. Coulthard has also flourished now Brundle's departed.

Oh well, I'll watch the comedy crew live then the BBC highlights to find out what's been going on.
Both, I believe he did it with John Watson on Eurosport up until 1996-ish, then he did it on Bernies PPV Sky channel which failed after 1 year (I think!) in about 2002...
Old 8 Sep 2012, 13:43 (Ref:3132893)   #2485
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another great pearler from the comedy duo on SKY at the end of FP3 today.

Croft says to Davidson "and Di Resta in third proves the other teams aren't trying yet....."

What a plonker. He knows nothing about F1, it's embarrassing quite frankly.
Old 8 Sep 2012, 15:04 (Ref:3132910)   #2486
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
was he wrong though?
Old 8 Sep 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3132919)   #2487
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
was he wrong though?
Well DiResta qualified P4 so what do you think?
Old 8 Sep 2012, 16:15 (Ref:3132922)   #2488
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they never even bothered trying in the first place?

seriously, i think you're just being outraged for the sake of it. try following the race only by listening to the aural atrocity that is james allen tomorrow. i'm sure you'll be running back to sky with open arms.
Old 8 Sep 2012, 18:11 (Ref:3132936)   #2489
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I havn't commented on this topic since it started, and was surprised to find it was still running and people still whinging about it!

I've been following F1 since 1960 when Jack Brabham won the title in a Cooper. My personal hero was Jim Clark as he wasn't a celebrity he was a 'sportsman' and loyal to his team (Lotus) and could jump in any catagory of car and win.

Back in the 1960's TV was Black & White and very fuzzy 428 Lines as it was called, and all we 'fans' got was Silverstone and Monaco...all the rest of our knowledge came from reading Motoring News on a Wednesday and Autosport on Thursday. If you were really lucky the winner of a GP was mentioned on the evening News! (Usually only if there was a fatality!!!)

I love my SKY F1 in HD, I can pause it, rewind it to study an action over and over if need be, I can fast forward to pass the Commercials and celebrity trivia.

I can watch all three practices and Qualy too whenever 'I' want.

They have plenty of ex F1 drivers to call upon, not just the same ones like the Beeb and don't just cut n run after the race either...they stick around and pick up the paddock post race chatter.

And it only cost me £10.25 to add the F1 channel to my basic SKY package, I don't have SKY Sports (I hate ball games with a passion) my monthly premium is £34.94 which is a damn sight cheaper than the fuel you'd use to get to Silverstone and back!

Thank you SKY I love my F1 HD channel!
Old 8 Sep 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3132947)   #2490
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
seriously, i think you're just being outraged for the sake of it. try following the race only by listening to the aural atrocity that is james allen tomorrow. i'm sure you'll be running back to sky with open arms.
Ha Ha. I think you have prompted me to rethink and I now realise it's not faux outrage at all, I'm just suffering from mild shock.

With the long summer break in between live races on the BBC it's been such a long time since I was forced to suffer the inanity that is SKY's F1 coverage I had forgotten exactly how bad it was.

Of course it's a matter of opinion, perhaps also a matter of taste, not something one would expect to associate with a product produced by a Murdoch company.
Old 8 Sep 2012, 21:09 (Ref:3132973)   #2491
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
You seem to be describing ITV to me, not sky (F1).
Old 8 Sep 2012, 21:34 (Ref:3132983)   #2492
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
I havn't commented on this topic since it started, and was surprised to find it was still running and people still whinging about it!

I've been following F1 since 1960 when Jack Brabham won the title in a Cooper. My personal hero was Jim Clark as he wasn't a celebrity he was a 'sportsman' and loyal to his team (Lotus) and could jump in any catagory of car and win.

Back in the 1960's TV was Black & White and very fuzzy 428 Lines as it was called, and all we 'fans' got was Silverstone and Monaco...all the rest of our knowledge came from reading Motoring News on a Wednesday and Autosport on Thursday. If you were really lucky the winner of a GP was mentioned on the evening News! (Usually only if there was a fatality!!!)

I love my SKY F1 in HD, I can pause it, rewind it to study an action over and over if need be, I can fast forward to pass the Commercials and celebrity trivia.

They have plenty of ex F1 drivers to call upon, not just the same ones like the Beeb and don't just cut n run after the race either...they stick around and pick up the paddock post race chatter.

And it only cost me £10.25 to add the F1 channel to my basic SKY package, I don't have SKY Sports (I hate ball games with a passion) my monthly premium is £34.94 which is a damn sight cheaper than the fuel you'd use to get to Silverstone and back!

I'm not sure if you know but the beeb have offered all the sessions plus hstoric races via their iplayer for the last few years, and Sky's paddock offering is based on the success of the BBC's F1 forum. All of that is available in HD and with a PVR you can record, pause and rewind the action.

All for the cost of your TV licence. Remember to press red!
Old 8 Sep 2012, 22:01 (Ref:3132986)   #2493
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Yes, the beeb offered most of that previously. Although there is more on sky, both of coverage of the race weekend and historic stuff. Kind of diminishing returns, but it is decent stuff.
Old 8 Sep 2012, 22:32 (Ref:3132997)   #2494
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post

Lovely post thank you, what a deal goodness...
Old 8 Sep 2012, 23:07 (Ref:3133009)   #2495
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
It just depends what you prioritise in the coverage you watch. If you dig remote control replays, lengthy analysis, saturation coverage, space-age analysis tools (Sky-Pad) you are going to adore Sky. Personally I couldn't give a jot for any of that. Even with brilliant punditry, over-analysis gets repetitive and hackneyed. If I'm confused about a point, I will consult a trade magazine or research the internet.

My GP starts circa 10/20 minutes before the start and 10/20 minutes after the chequered flag and in that time I want good camera work and commentary with rhythm. Sky are O.K on that measure but I prefer the BBC if both are live.

I do like the historical programs on Sky in fairness to them.
Old 8 Sep 2012, 23:13 (Ref:3133013)   #2496
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
You can join the sky coverage ten minutes before the race too. In the ten minutes before to ten minutes after they are about the same. Good bits and bad bits to both - enough for anyone to make a point about the other being better. If that's all you need then no need to buy sky. Now if you already have sky...
Apart from sky also having the race control feature to also have on your laptop/iPad/thing. That is good.

I've done the beeb do that too post, this was a sky do that too post.
Old 9 Sep 2012, 10:25 (Ref:3133160)   #2497
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
It just depends what you prioritise in the coverage you watch. If you dig remote control replays, lengthy analysis, saturation coverage, space-age analysis tools (Sky-Pad) you are going to adore Sky. Personally I couldn't give a jot for any of that. Even with brilliant punditry, over-analysis gets repetitive and hackneyed. If I'm confused about a point, I will consult a trade magazine or research the internet.

My GP starts circa 10/20 minutes before the start and 10/20 minutes after the chequered flag and in that time I want good camera work and commentary with rhythm. Sky are O.K on that measure but I prefer the BBC if both are live.

I do like the historical programs on Sky in fairness to them.
+1. (And not even 10mins, more like 5 mins. Post-race "podiums" are the racing equivalent of the X-Factor)
Old 9 Sep 2012, 10:38 (Ref:3133171)   #2498
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicanary View Post
+1. (And not even 10mins, more like 5 mins. Post-race "podiums" are the racing equivalent of the X-Factor)
As soon as I've reviewed the results table I'll pick up a book and treat the residue of coverage remaining as if it was the radio. Now I might listen to the BBC fan forum if the Sunday is lazy enough but even that I haven't done in a number of months.
Old 9 Sep 2012, 11:02 (Ref:3133178)   #2499
nicanary
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Newtownards Co.Down
nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!nicanary has a real shot at the podium!
When you think that F1 races used to last 3 hours, how long would the broadcast be for- 6hours? It's just repetitive drivel. All dumbed-down to suit the ADD fans.
Old 9 Sep 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3133179)   #2500
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I start watching ten minutes before the end and stop ten minutes before that. And I live in a hole. Ha, luxury.
Closed Thread

Tags
outrage, sky