Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 5 Feb 2018, 03:56 (Ref:3798575)   #61
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I've tried to watch but the cars keep crashing into each other and they stop the races all the time.
Why don't they run on proper tracks instead of these stupid narrow street circuits?.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 14:03 (Ref:3798704)   #62
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
I've tried to watch but the cars keep crashing into each other and they stop the races all the time.
Why don't they run on proper tracks instead of these stupid narrow street circuits?.
This.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 14:24 (Ref:3798709)   #63
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
They've barely used the safety car this season.

The whole idea of the series is that it brings the racing to the public so they race in the Cities. They're aiming to bring in a different person to the usual petrol head who will travel to a circuit.

All of this was made perfectly clear at the launch of FE. It's amazing how many people criticise it without bothering to read about the aims and direction of the series.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 17:34 (Ref:3798774)   #64
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLancsbreaker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was actually pleasantly surprised to find find the Santiago event was actually a race - I genuinely felt that any of the top 5 could have won it. I'm sure the cars are quite a handful to drive, particularly on such a bumpy circuit, and I would like to see them race on a "proper" circuit to see what they could do......
Old 2 Mar 2018, 13:36 (Ref:3805236)   #65
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I knew I couldn't be the only one.... Just seen the new Seat E-racer saloon. Now that's what Formula E should be about. Just take off the aero stuff and mandate production E-variant dimensions, and you'd have a grid-full of recognisable cars going door handle to door handle all race long. Drop the changeover in the middle in favour of two separate sprint races (once you've cracked the re-charge issue) and watch it obliterate F1 as a spectator/TV show!
Old 2 Mar 2018, 13:45 (Ref:3805244)   #66
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Formula E is meant to be futuristic, not realistic.
Old 3 Mar 2018, 08:12 (Ref:3805427)   #67
AdrianM
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris bailey View Post
I knew I couldn't be the only one.... Just seen the new Seat E-racer saloon. Now that's what Formula E should be about. Just take off the aero stuff and mandate production E-variant dimensions, and you'd have a grid-full of recognisable cars going door handle to door handle all race long. Drop the changeover in the middle in favour of two separate sprint races (once you've cracked the re-charge issue) and watch it obliterate F1 as a spectator/TV show!
The changeover is gone with the new car. They can run the whole race on a single charge.
Old 3 Mar 2018, 15:05 (Ref:3805488)   #68
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just goes to show how little attention I've given to it recently. They strike me as too slow, too fragile, and quite weedy little things. The saloon option can still be single-seater underneath, but the visual aspect would be miles better. Every manufacturer has an E-car in their lineup, so why not. The purists are pretty sniffy about Formula E anyway, so let's not get hung up on open-wheel solutions.
Old 3 Mar 2018, 18:12 (Ref:3805503)   #69
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They don't run on full circuits because they look ridiculous on full-sized circuits. There is absolutely no speed out of the cars beyond the initial acceleration.

I actually like the street circuits. It's a bit different and a bit fun. But really, they run them because it's embarrassing otherwise.
Old 3 Mar 2018, 19:50 (Ref:3805510)   #70
AdrianM
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
They don't run on full circuits because they look ridiculous on full-sized circuits. There is absolutely no speed out of the cars beyond the initial acceleration.

I actually like the street circuits. It's a bit different and a bit fun. But really, they run them because it's embarrassing otherwise.
They run on street circuits because thats the whole idea of the series. Bring the cars to the people not the other way around.

Are F3 cars ridiculous on full circuits? That's the equivalent of the current car. The new one is capable of 185mph which puts it up with GP2 cars.

People really are miles out of date with what electric cars are capable of. The new TCR E car is the equivalent of 675bhp with massive torque, the electric RX car is over 750bhp. The fastest accelerating production car in the world is electric and costs a fraction of the IC equivalent.
Old 3 Mar 2018, 21:05 (Ref:3805528)   #71
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be fair an F3 car would win an FE race by several laps.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 07:42 (Ref:3805648)   #72
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
They run on street circuits because thats the whole idea of the series. Bring the cars to the people not the other way around.

Are F3 cars ridiculous on full circuits? That's the equivalent of the current car. The new one is capable of 185mph which puts it up with GP2 cars.

People really are miles out of date with what electric cars are capable of. The new TCR E car is the equivalent of 675bhp with massive torque, the electric RX car is over 750bhp. The fastest accelerating production car in the world is electric and costs a fraction of the IC equivalent.
The F3 car has slower acceleration but a higher top speed. So it doesn't suddenly max out like the FE car does. That's why they look stupid. Even on the shortened version of Long Beach they looked silly on the front and back straights.

You're trying to sell electric cars to me, which is just preaching to the converted. I'm already a big supporter of electric vehicles and I think you'll find I'm perfectly up to date on what an electric vehicle is capable of. I'm just not in denial about why they use street circuits. The new car might change this, but the new car isn't here yet,

There's nothing wrong with choosing circuits based on your car's strengths. I just wish FE would be a bit more honest about the series. Stop pretending you're super ultra serious whilst creating BTCC bumper cars and Twitter votes for who gets more power. Just be honest about - like BTCC funnily enough.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 18:12 (Ref:3807773)   #73
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Punta del Este ePrix is this Saturday.

http://info.fiaformulae.com/en/punta-del-este

Weather forecasts say lightnings, literally.
Old 13 Mar 2018, 22:53 (Ref:3807827)   #74
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuntos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Considering the number of lightning strikes on or near power lines, power going out as a result of one is actually quite rare. Overhead power lines do have cables that run above them mostly for the purpose of catching lightning strikes. These cable are then periodically grounded at poles.
Old 14 Mar 2018, 00:02 (Ref:3807838)   #75
kobefly
Racer

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
kobefly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
The Punta del Este ePrix is this Saturday.

http://info.fiaformulae.com/en/punta-del-este

I'll be there! If it rains I hope it is not that bad.