Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 18 Feb 2018, 22:27 (Ref:3802254)   #16
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts, USA
Nick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, Brendan Gaughan is of substantial girth!

How in the actual hell did he manage to fit in that BAR1 Riley for the Rolex 24?
Old 18 Feb 2018, 22:37 (Ref:3802258)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah. Why not celebrate a #3 wreaking someone on the straight to win this farce?
Old 18 Feb 2018, 22:38 (Ref:3802259)   #18
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts, USA
Nick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dillon should have binned it in turn 4. For history's sakes.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 22:40 (Ref:3802260)   #19
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't get this on TV over in the UK. Can anyone tell me why the yellow was called on lap 189/190 with Blaney leading?
Old 18 Feb 2018, 22:43 (Ref:3802261)   #20
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was quite enjoying that race until the final lap. What a classless cheap shot to win. And the TV company knew it by keeping the replays until well after the interviews when most people weren't watching. We don't even know Almirola got out the car ok. So poor
Old 18 Feb 2018, 22:58 (Ref:3802263)   #21
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A lot better race than I expected. Wonderful to see the #3 back in victory lane at Daytona... but not like this. I hope Almirola dumps Dillon later on in the season, but I expect him to, unfortunately, have too much class for that.

Great to see Wallace Jr. grab second place and I don't buy Hamlin's "cut a tire"-excuse for a second - he definitely pushed the #43 into the wall on purpose.

Oh well, only a week until the season resumes at Atlanta where I expect we'll get a somewhat better picture of whom to watch this year.
Old 18 Feb 2018, 23:19 (Ref:3802264)   #22
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, I watched some of that which was probably too much to watch, really. Tuned out after the second stage to do something more useful and fortuitously tuned in just in time for the final run to the checker.

Bullshit finish. #3 dumps a car into the wall with 0 class and gets the win; at least it's fitting. Not like it was really pack racing for those two cars at that moment, so there's no excuse. Blatant bump and run, no series with any common sense would let that stand.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 00:06 (Ref:3802266)   #23
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I watched it, but as the late Dale Earnhardt use to say, "This ain't racing"! I HATE restrictor plate racing! Looking forward to Atlanta, this coming weekend, when the real RACING season starts!
Old 19 Feb 2018, 09:40 (Ref:3802340)   #24
Cinghio44
Racer

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprised by the polite reaction of Almirola

The race was not so bad for me, but the battle for the stages win cut out a lot of great drivers. The race ending was a bit disappointing, couldn't Dillon pull out something more special?
Great race by Wallace, i was hoping for a great result of DiBenedetto but it did not finish well for him
Old 19 Feb 2018, 12:01 (Ref:3802391)   #25
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Why was the yellow thrown at lap 189/190. Was it Nascar's usual trick to close up the field or was it something genuine?
This race not shown on UK television.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 13:38 (Ref:3802411)   #26
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Why was the yellow thrown at lap 189/190. Was it Nascar's usual trick to close up the field or was it something genuine?
I caught it by accident on UK TV last night: it was showing on FreeSports.

(Sorry, don't know the cause of the yellow!)
Old 19 Feb 2018, 15:06 (Ref:3802432)   #27
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Typical NASCAR restrictor plate race where 3/4 of the field gets crashed out and the winner of the big race is whoever lucks out and gets a run on the last lap after the carnage clears.

This has been going on since 1988 but has got progressively worse now, especially with all the blocking going on. The past years have shown us that NASCAR doesn't care though if every car in the race crashes and cars get knocked up into the fence running in a big wadded up pack. As long as they don't go over 200mph everything's fine.
Old 19 Feb 2018, 21:38 (Ref:3802493)   #28
piekey
Rookie

piekey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
This was on Freesports channel on SKY live
also on Premiersports channel (subsciption) brilliant to watch live.
A bundle more excitement than any other motorsport, These guys make F1 drivers look like Miss Daisey.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 09:19 (Ref:3802591)   #29
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow... just, wow:
Quote:
Dillon said he had no other option than to push Almirola.

"I guess I could have lifted and given it to him," he said. "I guess that was my other option, give up a Daytona 500 ring that I'm wearing.

"I'm glad he's not mad. If he needs to do it to me at Talladega for everybody to feel good, I've got a Daytona 500 championship trophy, ring, whatever.

"I don't care. I've got the #3 back in victory lane at Daytona [20 years after Dale Earnhardt's victory with the same number]. It feels pretty good."
(From Autosport article)

Good thing Dillon doesn't make himself sound like a smug jerk or anything.
Old 20 Feb 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3802677)   #30
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piekey View Post
This was on Freesports channel on SKY live
also on Premiersports channel (subsciption) brilliant to watch live.
A bundle more excitement than any other motorsport, These guys make F1 drivers look like Miss Daisey.
Thanks. The cause of the yellow on lap 189/190?