Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jun 2022, 11:14 (Ref:4116614)   #1001
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent results Iain.
Old 22 Jun 2022, 11:27 (Ref:4116615)   #1002
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Happy days Indeed

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 22 Jun 2022, 17:56 (Ref:4116658)   #1003
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Isla White Isle of Wight
Belinda Church Bell in the Church
Andrew Lottes And drew lots
Tom Morrow Tomorrow
Lee King Leaking
Sheila Blige She will oblige
Lola Ford Lola Ford
Guy Rowe Giro
Betty Wood Bet he would
Jerry Rigg Temorary repair.

With a dearth of answers and a paucity of correct interpretations, it would seem the Club is thriving, with a rapidly expanding membership. Maybe it would be a good idea to incorporate a set of standards of incompetence into the regulations.

Level 1 Gormless, and descending;

Gormless
Dim as a Toc H Lamp
Dumb as a Stump
Thick as a Brick
Brain Dead.

Where do you rate on the scale?
Old 22 Jun 2022, 19:03 (Ref:4116668)   #1004
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Isla White Isle of Wight

Lola Ford Lola Ford
Guy Rowe Giro
Lola Ford I still dont get.... other than if it involves a DFV engine then I do.

Guy Rowe= Giro. No idea what a Giro is other than some silly adventure thing people who dont like cars and dress in lycra get excited about. Not to mention thats Jee Rowe.

Anyway I asked Mr Google about Giro and and he told me about some English payment thing. Havent you people heard of Direct Deposit?

Oh and I struggled with Belinda Church.
(But now I remember an old Idi Amin joke when asked about his plans for Defence, to which he replied "We fix Da fence when da Man wid da Nails come".)

I always liked Jethro Tull so I think Thick as a Brick suits me well.

As my school reports frequently seemed to say, "Christopher could do so much better!"

So I can aspire to do better and maybe one day become merely as Dumb as a Stump.

Fun quiz. Thanks Bob.
Old 22 Jun 2022, 19:27 (Ref:4116670)   #1005
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where do you rate on the scale?[/QUOTE]

As an ex driver & current Clerk & Steward who didn't get any right, and even after seeing the answers still didn't understand a couple, I'm definately Brain Dead.
Old 22 Jun 2022, 22:19 (Ref:4116677)   #1006
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I kmew a man who was run over by a train - he was chuffed to bits!

A crusty old geezer name of Gordon.
Tried to break through a official police cordon.
A cop used his baton,
But Gordy had his hat on,
So he just caught the last train to Morden.

Long John Sillyverse.

Last edited by bauble; 22 Jun 2022 at 22:26.
Old 23 Jun 2022, 07:00 (Ref:4116687)   #1007
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Isla White Isle of Wight
Belinda Church Bell in the Church
Andrew Lottes And drew lots
Tom Morrow Tomorrow
Lee King Leaking
Sheila Blige She will oblige
Lola Ford Lola Ford
Guy Rowe Giro
Betty Wood Bet he would
Jerry Rigg Temorary repair.

With a dearth of answers and a paucity of correct interpretations, it would seem the Club is thriving, with a rapidly expanding membership. Maybe it would be a good idea to incorporate a set of standards of incompetence into the regulations.

Level 1 Gormless, and descending;

Gormless
Dim as a Toc H Lamp
Dumb as a Stump
Thick as a Brick
Brain Dead.

Where do you rate on the scale?
I'll go for 'All of the above'.
Thanks for the quiz, and the ratings!
Old 23 Jun 2022, 16:49 (Ref:4116727)   #1008
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
No, the only English member is the bass player and the rest are Spanish !
They were formed about 10 years ago by the bass player and a lead guitarist/singer who was also English and were a 4 piece, he left last year and went back to the UK. Mitch (the bassist) tried to find a new lead singer/guitarist but couldn't find anyone that suited the band. After approaching the Spanish guy he said he would do it as long as he bought his guitarist with him (right of the band) ! so making it a 5 piece !!
They are good live but they had done several gigs last week and "Dunki Rock" wasn't on the best voice at this event, he also sings opera ! This is another that I recorded on Sunday that is a classic, turn it up to 12 !!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_eRe2HoU6k

Followed it with Sweet Child of Mine - they'd certainly got the audience engaged!

Thanks
Old 23 Jun 2022, 17:59 (Ref:4116740)   #1009
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Thanks for the quiz, and the ratings!
For once our lecturer is sincere (it is the one who says who is…)
Old 23 Jun 2022, 20:02 (Ref:4116753)   #1010
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Followed it with Sweet Child of Mine - they'd certainly got the audience engaged!

Thanks
Including my wife who is in the crowd at 1.01
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Jun 2022, 00:06 (Ref:4116767)   #1011
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Including my wife who is in the crowd at 1.01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5z-PrPez0M This is for the OAPs weekly keep fit !

Last edited by GORDON STREETER; 24 Jun 2022 at 00:16.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Jun 2022, 04:42 (Ref:4116783)   #1012
bauble
Veteran

England
Not quite banter, but light hearted anyway;
Five current F1 drivers to find, and a chance to escape the Club, perhaps.

A leisurly joust without a horse.

A fellow poster here, has become an animal doctor.

A welcome cry for the sailor.

Confused, as well? No!

Sounds like an Irish cobbler.

Of course you could move further down the rankings.
Old 24 Jun 2022, 04:59 (Ref:4116784)   #1013
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not quite banter, but light hearted anyway;
Five current F1 drivers to find, and a chance to escape the Club, perhaps.

A leisurly joust without a horse.

A fellow poster here, has become an animal doctor.

A welcome cry for the sailor.

Confused, as well? No!

Sounds like an Irish cobbler.

Of course you could move further down the rankings.
Im surprised you even know the names of 5 current drivers Bob, knowing you thoughts on the modern stuff. Oh with the exception of your Stevenage bred favourite.

Of course to confirm my club status didnt notice the current drivers thing and was thinking of names such as Lance Macklin being vaguely jousty. Then I read the question properly.
So much for my aspirations of rising to Dumb as a Stump in the rankings. Im still Thick as a Brick.
Back to the drawing board.

Oh I might have got the Sailors one .... couldnt think of a driver called Ahoy, but LandOhoy might fit.

Am I meant to be doing this privately? Whoops.

On the subject of modern drivers....https://youtu.be/ZelPcA2Dz2c

Last edited by E.B; 24 Jun 2022 at 05:08.
Old 24 Jun 2022, 05:21 (Ref:4116785)   #1014
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post

Am I meant to be doing this privately? Whoops.

On the subject of modern drivers....https://youtu.be/ZelPcA2Dz2c
Email sent anyway.
Old 24 Jun 2022, 10:38 (Ref:4116805)   #1015
bauble
Veteran

England
Morningents hass scooped the pool with five correct answers.
Old 24 Jun 2022, 10:44 (Ref:4116807)   #1016
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Morningents hass scooped the pool with five correct answers.
Struggling on the devious one....
Old 24 Jun 2022, 12:39 (Ref:4116812)   #1017
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Struggling on the devious one....
Confused, as well, no?

An anagram of an alternative word for 'as well'+ no. giving you a six letter answer.

Not too steep a mountain to climb, I trust.
Old 24 Jun 2022, 12:41 (Ref:4116813)   #1018
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
3 out of 5 so far, I think....

Don't think this will elevate me much....
Old 24 Jun 2022, 14:59 (Ref:4116822)   #1019
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well here's some hopefully positive news: https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...393GZ5,683IQ,1
Old 24 Jun 2022, 15:11 (Ref:4116823)   #1020
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Well here's some hopefully positive news: https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...393GZ5,683IQ,1
Really hope it works out and that they can find a business model that succeeds.
Old 24 Jun 2022, 17:29 (Ref:4116840)   #1021
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
What a wonderful story. Thanks for that, Peter.

I always had a soft spot for Lola for some reason. I knew the factory & some of the people there, having had one or two dealings over the years.

Now I wish I could turn my own clock back!!
Old 25 Jun 2022, 10:40 (Ref:4116889)   #1022
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
What a wonderful story. Thanks for that, Peter.

I always had a soft spot for Lola for some reason. I knew the factory & some of the people there, having had one or two dealings over the years.

Now I wish I could turn my own clock back!!
The founder of Weller Wheels (Les Weller) used to work for Lola back in the early 60s.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 05:56 (Ref:4116956)   #1023
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Good result for delta at Spa, first MG B and 22 overall (69 classified), the team has been fast and regular. Well done.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 06:04 (Ref:4116958)   #1024
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Excellent result. Well done chaps.
Old 26 Jun 2022, 06:21 (Ref:4116959)   #1025
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well done Iain.
Closed Thread