Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jun 2020, 21:58 (Ref:3983869)   #676
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You think it won't happen Peter? Goodness me, how could you?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 25 Jun 2020, 22:04 (Ref:3983870)   #677
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don’t believe 2.4s or 75K is historically accurate

Anyway, it’s so made up it hurts. Although it has as much basis in fact as a lot of the recent posts in this thread
Old 25 Jun 2020, 22:14 (Ref:3983872)   #678
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I don’t believe 2.4s or 75K is historically accurate

Anyway, it’s so made up it hurts. Although it has as much basis in fact as a lot of the recent posts in this thread
Wait - I thought all of the claims in this thread were supported by multiple online sources that exposed the real truth?
Old 26 Jun 2020, 05:42 (Ref:3983916)   #679
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
China eases green rules to promote regular hybrids

'China re-classified gas-electric hybrid vehicles on Monday so they get more favorable treatment than all-gas or diesel counterparts under new clean car rules, making it easier for automakers to meet environment quotas and offer more choice.

China has some of the world's strictest rules regarding the production of fossil-fuel vehicles, as it battles unhealthy levels of air pollution in its crowded cities.

Those rules have pushed both domestic and international automakers to spend billions of dollars on the development and production of new energy vehicles (NEVs), such as all-electric, plug-in hybrid and hydrogen fuel cell vehicles.

Automakers in China are obliged to manufacture NEVs to win "points" to make up for a portion of the negative points they incur when they produce internal combustion engine vehicles.'
Old 26 Jun 2020, 05:44 (Ref:3983917)   #680
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Jaguar I-Pace to be used for wireless charging taxi fleet

'A fleet of 25 Jaguar I-Pace EVs will be used as taxis in Oslo, Norway to trial a new wireless charging system.

The Norwegian capital has launched an initiative called ‘ElectriCity’, which includes the goal of making its taxi system emission-free by 2024. As part of the scheme, tech firm Momentum Dynamics and charge point firm Fortnum Recharge are installing a number of wireless high-powered charge points for taxis.'
Old 26 Jun 2020, 09:57 (Ref:3983963)   #681
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As well as being very expensive to install ,[ & potentially fatal to anyone with a heart pacemaker] , Induction [ wireless] charging is very inefficient .
Even if you can get the receiver to be stationary very close to the transmitter ,
the power losses means that the cost per mile for an EV would be 2 to 5 times the cost for an ICE vehicle .
So that will not help the propaganda in trying to sell them when it shows that even the running costs of an EV is a lot more money than a normal car .
Old 26 Jun 2020, 12:22 (Ref:3983984)   #682
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
If you have a couple of hours to spare , this study shows how a lot of the present situation came about .
https://www.iatp.org/sites/default/f...y_How_When.htm
The UN s agenda 21 shows how they want to form a New World Government , & invented Climate Change to frighten people into letting them take control of everything . Including everybodys freedom , money & anything they own .
They also want huge reductions in the population .

Unlike a lot of the EV adverts which keep appearing on this thread & are obviously nowhere near real , this study has links to all of the facts so it can be checked out .

Well , he must have seen my post & realised the cat was out of the bag .
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...al-governance/
Old 26 Jun 2020, 13:12 (Ref:3983996)   #683
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Weltmeister EX5 impresses with low battery capacity degradation

'To help alleviate concerns surrounding one important consideration among car buyers, the degradation of EV batteries over time, WM Motor has long promoted the benefits of high-quality thermal management and battery management systems (BMS) in EV’s to maintain the long-term stability of a battery’s capacity. Data from one of WM Motor’s EX5 models purchased in January 2019 has provided an insight into the car’s long-term battery degradation rate. The driver of this EX5 undertakes lengthy commutes between Wenzhou, Ningbo and Hangzhou, among other cities, and has averaged approximately 500km daily and accumulated over 200,000km of driving since purchasing the vehicle last year. Having been brought in for a regular check-up this week, the battery was found to have degraded by only 2.85% from its original capacity.'
Old 26 Jun 2020, 13:13 (Ref:3983998)   #684
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Lexus UX 300e comes with a 10-year or 1 million km battery warranty

'While most electric cars have a 8-year or 160.000 km warranty for their batteries, the upcoming Lexus UX 300e raises the bar to new levels.

Offering a 10-year or 1 million km warranty on its battery, Lexus ensures that the UX 300e maintains at least 70 % of its initial battery capacity for a long time, providing peace of mind to its customers.'
Old 26 Jun 2020, 20:54 (Ref:3984086)   #685
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
You did read the caveats in the article didn't you?

I do find this amusing........you post an article , and highlight the great news that all 29 vehicles exceed the WLTP range......although the article is somewhat vague about the methodology......and completely ignore the (hidden in a link) part of the caveat that says that tests in cold weather show that all vehicles performed worse than the WLTP, many of them by 25% or so. The article then makes the somewhat unscientific assertion that in the real world things will balance themselves out........so cars won't beat the WLTP figures, then?

And then you ask if people have seen the caveats
Old 26 Jun 2020, 21:01 (Ref:3984088)   #686
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
I do find this amusing........you post an article , and highlight the great news that all 29 vehicles exceed the WLTP range......although the article is somewhat vague about the methodology......and completely ignore the (hidden in a link) part of the caveat that says that tests in cold weather show that all vehicles performed worse than the WLTP, many of them by 25% or so. The article then makes the somewhat unscientific assertion that in the real world things will balance themselves out........so cars won't beat the WLTP figures, then?

And then you ask if people have seen the caveats
That's why the link is provided.

The quoted text is just a snapshot.
Old 26 Jun 2020, 21:37 (Ref:3984091)   #687
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
That's why the link is provided.

The quoted text is just a snapshot.

Not exactly a balanced view, however, to highlight only the part of the article that supports your viewpoint. Its a sloppy, arguably biassed report at best, and your cynical headlining of one aspect does your credibility no good.

I see why you need an anode.......

I'm not anti EV - just anti false, biassed views that don't present a full picture.
Old 26 Jun 2020, 22:15 (Ref:3984096)   #688
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Not exactly a balanced view, however, to highlight only the part of the article that supports your viewpoint.
It's not my viewpoint.....
Old 26 Jun 2020, 22:37 (Ref:3984098)   #689
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It’s like the Jeremy Vine show with crmalcolm and Tel 911S as the guests.

Nothing is ever achieved by getting two extremes that both talk extremes. Quite often both points of view just end up looking foolish on that show.
Old 26 Jun 2020, 23:20 (Ref:3984104)   #690
Paul D
Veteran

England
Southport, Merseyside
Paul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaul D should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps we could set them up with their own little thread, maybe call it the 'Yes it is... no it isn't!' thread.

Maybe we could get Jeremy Vine to adjudicate? Mind you, he's gone a bit holier than thou these days, riding everywhere on his bike and shouting at car drivers, so he'd probably come down in favour of the EV...
Old 26 Jun 2020, 23:43 (Ref:3984108)   #691
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
How about his brother Tim then? That would be a good laugh
Old 27 Jun 2020, 00:46 (Ref:3984116)   #692
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
Perhaps we could set them up with their own little thread, maybe call it the 'Yes it is... no it isn't!' thread.
We could call it the Cherry Picked EV discussion.
Quote:
Maybe we could get Jeremy Vine to adjudicate? Mind you, he's gone a bit holier than thou these days, riding everywhere on his bike and shouting at car drivers, so he'd probably come down in favour of the EV...
But the EVs we are talking about are cars!

IIRC the video I saw of this it was the car driver that was the tool.

Last edited by Adam43; 27 Jun 2020 at 00:51.
Old 27 Jun 2020, 05:16 (Ref:3984133)   #693
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
How much does EV charging save you compared to gas? Up to $10,500 says DOE

https://electrek.co/2020/06/23/how-m...0500-says-doe/
Old 27 Jun 2020, 06:23 (Ref:3984141)   #694
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Not exactly a balanced view, however, to highlight only the part of the article that supports your viewpoint. Its a sloppy, arguably biassed report at best, and your cynical headlining of one aspect does your credibility no good.

I see why you need an anode.......

I'm not anti EV - just anti false, biassed views that don't present a full picture.
Ah good - somebody's finally rumbled him!
Old 27 Jun 2020, 09:04 (Ref:3984167)   #695
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
How much does EV charging save you compared to gas? Up to $10,500 says DOE

https://electrek.co/2020/06/23/how-m...0500-says-doe/

Another bit of cherry picking .

In Germany , which has the highest electricity prices due to the large amount of renewable generation , it is cheaper to run on petrol than to even charge an EV from home . And diesel is 15 to 20% cheaper than petrol .Which is probably why , even after a massive pro EV propaganda campaign by the politicians & media , the total number of EVs is less than 2%

At the moment in the UK , home charging is slightly cheaper than running an ICE , [ although most roadside chargers make it more expensive ]. But as the Green energy program goes on , the price of electricity will continue to rise .
Electric prices have already risen by 100% over the last 10 years to pay for wind & solar .
Old 27 Jun 2020, 09:13 (Ref:3984170)   #696
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To complete the current supply mix in the UK this chart shows that despite all the backslapping in the Wind industry although coal is now virtually extinct wind/solar etc. has only supplied approx 20% of the requirement which is obviously reduced from the norm. https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/data-portal...fuel-source-gb

This shows that gas is the major winner although you won't see that from the wind generation companies.
Old 27 Jun 2020, 09:34 (Ref:3984174)   #697
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Musk Tweets Tesla Model Y 3-Row 7-Seater May Launch Soon

'The CEO said 'Probably early Q4' when asked about the three-row Model Y.'

however - the actual story does change slightly, so there is still a bit of doubt over what will come in Q4.

'When Tesla CEO Elon Musk first talked about the Model Y, he said it would be built on a brand-new platform. However, that tune changed later, when he said it would actually be built on the same platform as the Model 3 and share many of its sibling's parts, though it would have third-row seats.'

Why the confusion? - it seems to have come from Tesla promotional activity:

'When people started getting notifications to configure their Model Y, there was some confusion, which caused plenty of speculation. The automaker was telling people to prepare for delivery of Model Y versions that weren't yet available, such as the three-row model.

Fast forward to a recent tweetstorm this Father's Day weekend, and Musk replied to a tweet saying the seven-seat Model Y may become available in the coming months. More specifically, early in the fourth quarter.'

Although - as with many options on cars, are they any good?
'The more important question may be whether people will actually want to follow through with ordering it when they realize the third row is almost unusable.'
Old 27 Jun 2020, 10:32 (Ref:3984187)   #698
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Ford Mustang Mach-E: Dealers Reportedly Adding $15,000 Markup Over MSRP

https://insideevs.com/news/430459/fo...-markup-15000/

Are people in America willing to pay a premium for the name?

'If you wanted proof that even though some Mustang fans think the Ford Mach-E shouldn’t have borne the iconic galloping stallion badge, it’s still popular and desirable, here is that proof. According to a post on the Mach-E*forum, dealers are now marking up the price by between $5,000 and $15,000, even for those people who have already placed orders.'
Old 27 Jun 2020, 11:01 (Ref:3984189)   #699
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
To complete the current supply mix in the UK this chart shows that despite all the backslapping in the Wind industry although coal is now virtually extinct wind/solar etc. has only supplied approx 20% of the requirement which is obviously reduced from the norm. https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/data-portal...fuel-source-gb

This shows that gas is the major winner although you won't see that from the wind generation companies.
Yes , completely right Peter .
Long term , gas [ CCGT generation ] is 10 to 15 times cheaper than wind & solar . And even Nuclear is 3 or 4 times cheaper than the renewables .
But this year everything has gone strange with the Lockdown , so current figures are not reliable . Last week there was high pressure over most of the country , & wind generation was down to less than 1% some days .

But overall , wind/solar never generate enough energy to pay for the cost of them , which is why , on average , every consumer is paying £400 to £500 extra for their electricity .
Which means that the cost to charge up any EVs will continue to rise .
Old 27 Jun 2020, 14:01 (Ref:3984213)   #700
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Yes , completely right Peter .
Long term , gas [ CCGT generation ] is 10 to 15 times cheaper than wind & solar . And even Nuclear is 3 or 4 times cheaper than the renewables .
But this year everything has gone strange with the Lockdown , so current figures are not reliable . Last week there was high pressure over most of the country , & wind generation was down to less than 1% some days .
I know they publish this stuff, but 8 thought it was by quarter. Can you link to your source for days last week?

I’ve been interested in this and remain quite impressed how coal has decreased.