Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lawnmower 12hr 2011 24/25 Sept Five Oaks Sussex

Lawnmower 12hr 2011 24/24 Sept Five Oaks Sussex

Well where do I start.

Firstly a huge thank you to all of the marshals who volunteerd for this years event. Your support, work and willingness to chop and change as required. Its a hard job to mann this type of event effectively especially with the cut in half situation we had for the first time this year making we had to cover 3 sectors instead of 2. I think everyone had somehting to do in every hour and in some cases more than the vehicle had to do at times.
It was a huge sigh of relief when the chequered flag went out. Apart from the weather gods looking kindly on us this year we were not sure if the noise would cause an issue this year being so close to houses. Environmental services did check and we were under the noise regs so we were ok.

The racing was good and it shows in marshalling its not over until the track is empty with the last 10mins proving just that, which I counted 5 that rolled/ fell of their machines. It seemed my no 4 machine just kept on falling to bits and I had a look after the race and it was in a poor state. Still it did finish just.

I am sure you will all join me in thanking Glenn and Erith School in Kent for the radios. This is a valuable support for us and makes our jobs easier with this source of communication. So big thanks Glenn.

We are looking for a team sponser for next year. Any ideas?

Also A huge thank you to my wife for making the buffet which lasted all of saturday afternoon and into the evening and to Richard for sorting out the catering which was welcomed and hit the spot for the event. Thanks guys for that.

And of course to the BLMRA committee for the badges which are unique and are not many of them. We have 10 more years now for the 20 badge!!. Also the provision of a meal voucher which helps on Sunday morning and for inviting us to their event. Of course we must thank them as well for the loan of a vehicle to help provide a service to the riders especially on the recovery and response. The quicker we get them back to their pits the quicker they get back into the race. And of course to the riders/teams for entering this great event giving us an event to come too. So really a team effort all round. It was also good to see so many spectators at the start of the event too.

So a huge thank you to all of you for some excellent marshalling and driving and lets look forward to the Olympic year 2012.

Thank you to everyone invovled

Richard Sneader

Chief Incident Officer

BLMRA 12hr 2011
Old 27 Sep 2011, 21:27 (Ref:2961876)   #2
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
very impressed with the coverage that the event got on prime time Tv on the morning of the event - shame they were dwelling on a lot of mud bath footage from previous year, but still a great advert for the event.