Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 22 Feb 2007, 18:01 (Ref:1849285)   #1
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zandvoort Masters of F3 cancelled

Thanks to the Dutch court, the Zandvoort Circuit has to cut on international racing days. They had to cancel one event, so the Masters are now off.

It's not totally of yet, as they are gonna try if it's possible to combine it with the A1GP weekend, but I'm not happy happy with this news
Old 22 Feb 2007, 19:41 (Ref:1849356)   #2
dave not neil
Racer

England
dave not neil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Booooooooo
Old 22 Feb 2007, 19:47 (Ref:1849358)   #3
hotwheels
Racer

hotwheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
are you guys sure about this??? Wasn't it supposed to be together with the NEC Renault 2-liter round?
Old 22 Feb 2007, 19:49 (Ref:1849359)   #4
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
well that's complete penguins
Old 22 Feb 2007, 22:16 (Ref:1849449)   #5
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I guess Daisy's on the spot, so should know, but I'm not convinced yet.

Anyway, when is the A1GP event, October sometime?
Old 22 Feb 2007, 23:18 (Ref:1849485)   #6
racecontrol
Racer

European Union
racecontrol should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noooooo! I've been to the Master just once but has been the best race experience of ever!!
So many people for a F3 race, so many future talents alltogether...
Noooo! It can not be the end of the Zandvoort Master...
Noooo, noooo, noooo!
Old 23 Feb 2007, 00:58 (Ref:1849531)   #7
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No reason for any doubts about this sad news. It's on the Zandvoort circuit website.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 12:25 (Ref:1849846)   #8
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
The Masters is now going to be held at Zolder, I think on the first weekend in August. The teams were notified today.

It definitely won't be the same, but I suppose it's better than nothing. At least the organisation will be the same.

Last edited by strider; 23 Feb 2007 at 12:27.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 12:34 (Ref:1849852)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ARSE.

ah well, i suppose at least the race is still on. no trip to the seaside though
Old 23 Feb 2007, 12:41 (Ref:1849859)   #10
META4
Veteran

META4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are there so many international events at Zandvoort Circuit???
Old 23 Feb 2007, 12:50 (Ref:1849864)   #11
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WTCC is a new event there this year so that's at least one new
Old 23 Feb 2007, 13:01 (Ref:1849875)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it's also the length of the event that's a problem - the masters was reduced to 2 days from 3 to allow for another meeting (iirc in time for the 2006 event). and wtcc will probably be a 3 day event, along with a1gp also being 3 days, same with dtm (is that still there?). and i don't think their allowance is many more than 9 days. so it's a bit tricky for them.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 13:08 (Ref:1849877)   #13
Obizzz
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Obizzz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is the allowance related to? Sound regulations?
Old 23 Feb 2007, 15:18 (Ref:1849937)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it's an allowance of days above a set noise limit, which as i understand it, is just above the noise made by formula renaults, but some distance below that made by a f3 car. it's not possible to silence a f3 car to the relevant noise level.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 15:47 (Ref:1849943)   #15
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
it's also the length of the event that's a problem - the masters was reduced to 2 days from 3 to allow for another meeting (iirc in time for the 2006 event). and wtcc will probably be a 3 day event, along with a1gp also being 3 days, same with dtm (is that still there?). and i don't think their allowance is many more than 9 days. so it's a bit tricky for them.
It's actually worse than that. Until now the allowance has been 7 noisy days and they were hoping it would be increased to 10 for this year. Instead the government (not even the local authority) told them they are now restricted to 5 noisy days. Those will go to the DTM and the A1GP. Even then they will have to squash things up a bit. I don't know where the WTCC fits in. Is that not noisy?
Old 23 Feb 2007, 16:00 (Ref:1849948)   #16
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Went to Zandvoort today for the WTCC testing. I can't believe that these cars don't exceed the noice limit, so its seems the plan is: 3 days for DTM, 2 days for A1 GP and 2 days for WTCC. As far is I understand there are still 7 (full) noisy days allowed. This "Masters to Zolder" is new to me. As I understood they are trying to combine the Masters with the A1GP in one weeekend.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 16:04 (Ref:1849949)   #17
BOSSman
Veteran

BOSSman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider
...I don't know where the WTCC fits in. Is that not noisy?
WTCC car`s and noisy?
When you hear it you think they have two silencers...

Christian
EuroBOSS
Old 23 Feb 2007, 16:47 (Ref:1849958)   #18
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch chap
This "Masters to Zolder" is new to me. As I understood they are trying to combine the Masters with the A1GP in one weeekend.
I think they were, but the A1GP weekend clashes with the final round of British F3 at Rockingham. They wouldn't change that now, hence Zolder. The British teams are much less enthusiastic about the Masters now it's run on Kumhos, because that automatically gives an edge to the Euroseries teams. They should run a neutral tyre, as in Macau.

I really hope they can sort something out at Zandvoort for 2008. It was always one of the highlights of my year. I really like Holland and the Dutch people (and I'm not saying that just because it's you, Dutch chap! )
Old 23 Feb 2007, 17:10 (Ref:1849970)   #19
kurtiejjj
Racer

Netherlands
London, UK
kurtiejjj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a lower organ than the government who got it cancelled it was some kind of province court, the government had given the 'order' to get as much big events to Holland as possible. But as the provinces and cities are mostly run by a bunch of mad greenies and lefties (probaply because they're extremely fanatic with voting) things are not really working out like our liberal gov wants.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 17:17 (Ref:1849976)   #20
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i suppose as well that it generally doesn't bring any mass invasion of people, because most of the accomodation is usually booked up by holidaymakers around the area.

i think in absense of a neutral tyre, a neutral track is a reasonable alternative. on the other hand, i believe they're considerably more flexible on testing than zandvoort were, so there is still scope for getting a quick few laps in to get ahead.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 17:39 (Ref:1849988)   #21
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think they were, but the A1GP weekend clashes with the final round of British F3 at Rockingham. )
I was not aware any dates had been confirmed for an A1GP season 07/08,even if a 3rd season would take place.Shame about loss of F3 atZandvoot,also I would have rather seen Champcar/Euroboss there rather than Zolder & Assen.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 17:55 (Ref:1850000)   #22
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
A neutral track is better than nothing. But there is a ban on testing at the circuit where the race is to be held from the date the regulations are issued, so people are going to get a move on.
Old 23 Feb 2007, 20:08 (Ref:1850085)   #23
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Quote:
I really like Holland and the Dutch people (and I'm not saying that just because it's you, Dutch chap! )
You're right. All the others are nice people. I'm one of te few exeptions.
Old 24 Feb 2007, 01:37 (Ref:1850248)   #24
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
There's a report about this on autosport.com now, although they haven't caught up with the Zolder part of it yet. From what I understand, that will only go ahead if all the teams agree to support it. My feeling is that they will.

Apparently the WTCC cars are below the noise limit, which is a surprise judging by some of the posts here.
Old 24 Feb 2007, 11:07 (Ref:1850448)   #25
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
isn't the zandvoort noise limit done by general noise rather than testing an isolated car?