Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Oct 2015, 02:26 (Ref:3580627)   #26
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
Well I guess that this rules out the #17 being called the d.c. mobile ?
Imagine if the #17 crashed into the #200 !

The dick mobile is into the pussy wagon

Honestly $25k is a bit OTT but I cant believe anyone doesn't see that what he said, where he said it, was wrong.

In a private conversation..meh, but in a press conference ...nah.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 02:27 (Ref:3580628)   #27
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Really?

Did you do his tax return?
Yes
Old 9 Oct 2015, 03:34 (Ref:3580638)   #28
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
“Was I aware of the p***y wagon? Yeah, I think that’s great. Renee and Simone are really good people and really good drivers. I hope they perform well for us. I really hope they go well. Simone has never been here before and she doesn’t even understand we have a Kangaroo flag. I thought that was standard.”

Oh the shame what a *******!!!!
Old 9 Oct 2015, 03:37 (Ref:3580639)   #29
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will not pass judgment on Reynolds' comments, but I do hope V8SC takes the $25k and uses it for the further promotion of women in motorsport, and not for the Christmas fund.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 06:26 (Ref:3580676)   #30
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Comment was light hearted but not needed, big deal

I'm more annoyed he's helped justify losing his #55 seat
Old 9 Oct 2015, 10:01 (Ref:3580716)   #31
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
from CK's website
'Sometimes I mash my forehead against the keyboard until an opinion forms.'
Maybe he did it too often.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 11:02 (Ref:3580732)   #32
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reynolds comment needs to be taken into context.

That is that women are at least 50% of the Australian population and should be treated as such. No disrespect through ridiculous childish comments by people who have had the media training to at least know better.

I am married to a woman, I have two daughters, Reynolds comments are offensive. It's 2015 not 1955...

If you do not stand up to injustice you condone it.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 11:04 (Ref:3580733)   #33
Starion13
Rookie

Starion13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting series of events.

Race car driver known not to have graduated from the "Same Same Media Training Centre for Race Car Drivers" is asked a leading question and expectantly makes flippant, off the cuff comment and is slammed by outraged media and series organiser for such. Issues public apology and Series organiser pockets $25,000. All is good, justice has been done and seen to be done.

Targets of said comment make no statement indicating offended status, instead saying publicly it is a non event to a large extent and they have valued his advice and support on car setup and track knowledge. Series organiser says people should look to and comment on said ladies "on track" performances. Falls under "move on, nothing to see here category.

Commentators from outside the sport push the "female" aspect and focus on women competing on equal grounds with men. Equality, ground breaking moments and more media attention asking "how does it feel to be competing against men" questions which are lapped up by said females. So Series organiser promotes this gender differentiation for promotional purposes to its greatest effect. Sponsor of said females in for the exposure. Still no real focus on their "on track performance".

All interviews are conducted in race suits and in front of car emblazoned in sponsor name. Many comments by said gender differentiated drivers about wanting respect and recognition for their "achievements on track" and just wanting equal or non favourable opportunities to compete which is achieved via courtesy of the very same gender differentiation. Catch 22, twice around the flagpole, cause/effect type stuff.

Exec summary... much media air time on issues not related to on track performance centred around participants who have fostered the "women in a man's sport" headline. Delivering air time to car sponsor.

To date I still haven't been able to establish who it is that has actually been offended other than the media and Series Organiser.

Whole thing seems staged managed. Feel for Reynolds. Not the brightest light in the harbour and a natural target for such a media strategy. Same team, known for off-cuff comments and feels comfortable making flippant comments about team mates etc. If they were seriously looking for a serious answer they could and should have asked a more serious driver but hey, he only said what 90% of the field and spectators were most likely privately thinking and saying but had the nouse to shut up. Harvey Norman should pay his fine for giving them the additional advertising time.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 11:09 (Ref:3580737)   #34
Starion13
Rookie

Mind you, I come from an era when a race driver "prepared" for a race with a quick bonk with a pit dolly in the team transporter and celebrated a win with a long bonk with a pit dolly in the team transporter.

Different times. My apologies in advance for any offence caused or taken.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 11:14 (Ref:3580738)   #35
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead View Post
Reynolds comment needs to be taken into context.

That is that women are at least 50% of the Australian population and should be treated as such. No disrespect through ridiculous childish comments by people who have had the media training to at least know better.

I am married to a woman, I have two daughters, Reynolds comments are offensive. It's 2015 not 1955...

If you do not stand up to injustice you condone it.
Apart from anything else I just can't understand why anyone would say that in a public interview, he must be brain dead to do that. To agree with him or call it some sort of non event show the respect those people have for their mothers, daughters and sisters and any other lady they know.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 11:16 (Ref:3580739)   #36
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Starion I think you are missing something, and that is, how come it is alright to make the comments in the first place? David Reynolds didn't make any jokes about any other male competitors, did he?

Stand up and call out sexist behaviour for what it is.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 11:19 (Ref:3580740)   #37
Airhead
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starion13 View Post
Mind you, I come from an era when a race driver "prepared" for a race with a quick bonk with a pit dolly in the team transporter and celebrated a win with a long bonk with a pit dolly in the team transporter.

Different times. My apologies in advance for any offence caused or taken.
Thanks for your input.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 11:26 (Ref:3580741)   #38
Airhead
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Apart from anything else I just can't understand why anyone would say that in a public interview, he must be brain dead to do that. To agree with him or call it some sort of non event show the respect those people have for their mothers, daughters and sisters and any other lady they know.
Yes, that's the other angle isn't it. Why make the comment? Unless you are a couple of snags short of a BBQ and you think this would bring you some extra media exposure. And for those who wonder - until yesterday - I was a Reynolds fan.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 11:33 (Ref:3580743)   #39
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
bunch of drama queens in here...
Old 9 Oct 2015, 11:35 (Ref:3580744)   #40
Airhead
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell_End View Post
Of cause mate.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 12:27 (Ref:3580758)   #41
Starion13
Rookie

Airhead, in my lengthy (apologies for that) I dont think I make a comment on whether it is right or wrong, whether I agree or disagree, whether I condone it or not. I have my private views and that they shall stay. My point was that the whole thing is playing to the exact thing the organisers and the subjectee's of the comment want - media attention and sponsor "air time".

I think you have found a soapbox and are not reading my comments and thinking about it, just an opportunity to express your views. I read your posts and I appreciate them for what they are - and respect your position. Now whether you or I disagree is something you will never know because a) its immaterial and b) its none of your business.

To make it easier for you I will explain mine... first post was a cynical look at the "background" to the incident. Second post was a comment on how times and values have changed and that we now live in a different world with different influences. I am not saying its right or wrong, better or worse just different. Its like parents chastising their kids for doing what they used to do.

And for what its worth, I have the highest respect for women and I hope Renae and co have a great race and do well.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 12:33 (Ref:3580763)   #42
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think V8SC just wanted to come down hard and kinda give the impression this kinda sexist commentary from the drivers isn't suitable or wanted. Hence they decided to issue a massive fine to make an example of Davey. I doubt we'll hear similar comments anytime in the near future.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 12:47 (Ref:3580771)   #43
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell_End View Post
You would speak that way to your mother? The audience that V8's attracts is obviously living up to its reputation.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 13:14 (Ref:3580777)   #44
Starion13
Rookie

Just some things to also ponder.

People complain that drivers have become characterless and are programmed to respond to media questions. Now we have a 'dinosaur" in Dave Reynolds who shows some individual traits and speaks openly (albeit inadvisedly) and he is slammed for it. We cant have it both ways. Reynolds has said some borderline things in the past about male drivers without much backlash - its his style. This one caught him out because of the subject matter.

For me, the real sexist element was the loaded question and the tone it was asked - why did the interviewer pursue that line of question. He certainly was singling out the ladies for special treatment and inviting a controversial answer.

I am 100% for equality but it seems to me there is an element to this 'womans' movement thing that scream for equality but still desire special treatment for being a woman.

And with that I am done on the subject. Back to the racing.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 13:20 (Ref:3580779)   #45
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
We cant have it both ways.
Yes we can.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 13:37 (Ref:3580786)   #46
Starion13
Rookie

We can? Cool.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 13:40 (Ref:3580788)   #47
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
We can? Cool.
Praise the Lord, you got it.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 13:48 (Ref:3580789)   #48
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Punishment should have included a grid walk in pink lyrca

Media are probably happy to have another story to write about.

FPR should get a bigger fine for calling it the super girls car, surely they could come up with something better

Considering Reynolds is shopping for a seat, its hardly going to encourage a new sponsor.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 14:02 (Ref:3580793)   #49
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Punishment should have included a grid walk in pink lyrca

Media are probably happy to have another story to write about.

FPR should get a bigger fine for calling it the super girls car, surely they could come up with something better

Considering Reynolds is shopping for a seat, its hardly going to encourage a new sponsor.
From what I've heard the supergirls name was suggested by v8sc themselves.
Old 9 Oct 2015, 14:24 (Ref:3580799)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mamamia Talks Wagons
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House