Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 26 Dec 2019, 23:03 (Ref:3948636)   #1
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British Rallycross 2020

Provisional Calendar
April 12th/13th Lydden Hill
May 24th/25th Pembrey
June 20th/21st Valkenswaard*
July 18th/19th Mondello Park**
August 30th/31st Lydden Hill
September 26th/27th Knockhill

Support classes only:
October 18th Pembrey

* Pending FIA ratification
** Date TBC
Old 27 Dec 2019, 07:32 (Ref:3948659)   #2
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
So what have Croft done wrong? We have a British series with two 'sail away ' rounds , two rounds at Lydden but drop the venue that's held RX since I was still at school (1970 ) and which gets great local support .
Old 27 Dec 2019, 09:22 (Ref:3948662)   #3
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
So what have Croft done wrong? We have a British series with two 'sail away ' rounds , two rounds at Lydden but drop the venue that's held RX since I was still at school (1970 ) and which gets great local support .
I think it's Croft's decision to not have rallycross rather than the Championship's decision?
Old 30 Dec 2019, 20:12 (Ref:3949119)   #4
hoffman66
Racer

hoffman66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to go back to Ireland but seems Silverstone is thankfully dead, although for British events, for me annoying as it is down the bloody road, means i will unlikely do any British events next year as the entries do not really warrant the mileage.

If ever the two series needed combining, now is the time, as this is very, very poor in reality.
Old 4 Jan 2020, 12:21 (Ref:3949810)   #5
Hi Low
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cumbria
Hi Low should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news on the control tyres to be used by ever one in the championship not seen any thing yet ?????????
Old 4 Jan 2020, 16:51 (Ref:3949824)   #6
MissClarrpz
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Low View Post
Any news on the control tyres to be used by ever one in the championship not seen any thing yet ?????????
Cooper Tires, confirmed before Christmas. Plus they're sponsoring the championship.

https://www.rallycrossbrx.com/news/cooper-tires-confirmed-as-exclusive-tyre-supplier-for-motorsport-uk-british-rallycross-championship
Old 4 Jan 2020, 16:59 (Ref:3949825)   #7
MissClarrpz
Racer

Just seen support calendar won't visit Valkenswaard but has double headers at Pembrey 1, Mondello and Knockhill
Old 10 Jan 2020, 12:39 (Ref:3950832)   #8
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Some news from the Autosport show:

https://twitter.com/BritishRallyx/st...03707137708033

Ovenden to Supercar in a DS3 - if the Clio stays idle then Supernational should be more competitive.
Old 10 Jan 2020, 18:34 (Ref:3950901)   #9
hoffman66
Racer

Yes that car needs to leave the class getting like Evans and Bellerby,, hardly encourages others to have a go.

In other news I see clubs wanting to use Blyton for rallies have been hit with a massive rental increase so no more rallies there, wonder if rallycross is the same, all to do with clear up costs it seems.

I don't believe that I believe Ginetta simply want there own thing there and sod everyone else, I fear for RX and autograss, both things that were there long before Tomlinson stuck his wedge in.
Old 10 Jan 2020, 19:45 (Ref:3950913)   #10
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Valkenswaard is confirmed? Last season most of the events were cancelled because of legal issues due to noise.
Old 10 Jan 2020, 23:19 (Ref:3950951)   #11
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nice to see a good piece of news for BRX, Ovenden is a canny driver so be interesting to see how he gets on with the DS3, hopefully its a bit more reliable and not as fragile as it has been in past.

The third winter rx meeting at Lydden is on the 18th Jan, same day as the SVR at Brands Hatch! That is just poor planning, there sound be no excuses for clashes at this time of year.
Old 12 Jan 2020, 12:35 (Ref:3951198)   #12
hoffman66
Racer

It depends who know the dates first, this seems to happen in awful lot in motorsport.

My decision, sod the pair of them if they are going to play silly buggers like that.
Old 13 Jan 2020, 11:10 (Ref:3951329)   #13
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Nice to see a good piece of news for BRX, Ovenden is a canny driver so be interesting to see how he gets on with the DS3, hopefully its a bit more reliable and not as fragile as it has been in past.
Agreed - hopefully this works out well, another entry in the supercar class is always welcome and it'll be interesting to see how Tristan gets on against the regulars. Has anyone heard any news about other drivers for the supercars this year?

Quote:
The third winter rx meeting at Lydden is on the 18th Jan, same day as the SVR at Brands Hatch! That is just poor planning, there sound be no excuses for clashes at this time of year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffman66 View Post
It depends who know the dates first, this seems to happen in awful lot in motorsport.

My decision, sod the pair of them if they are going to play silly buggers like that.
The Brands rally is part of the MSN championship (Brands is round 4) so that calendar has been out for a long time - certainly prior to any mention I've seen of the winter rallycross. Shame as having both on the same day dilutes both entries and spectators at a time of year when there's really no need for clashes.
Old 15 Jan 2020, 20:44 (Ref:3951843)   #14
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats happened to the Albatec cars? Did they have three or four ?
Old 16 Jan 2020, 09:52 (Ref:3951895)   #15
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
Whats happened to the Albatec cars? Did they have three or four ?
Good question - I'm assuming Albatec still have them, I've not heard any plans from them for this season though. Do they also still have the 306?

The British championship twitter feed has mentioned Ollie O'Donovan and Steve Hill are both back in the Supercars and Tom Constantine (presumably in the Swifts as the post included a shot of his Swift). Any more news from anyone?
Old 16 Jan 2020, 10:11 (Ref:3951902)   #16
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I asked Andy Scott when he was doing the first round of the MSN Circuit Rally Championship at Oulton Park back in November last year if they still had any RX supercars laying around and he said they had 1 left, not sure if that was one of the originals or the new build one from 2018. Hopefully they can find the budget to run again this year.
Old 16 Jan 2020, 15:09 (Ref:3951948)   #17
hoffman66
Racer

So I presume he has given up on rallycross then?

Nice one IMG, another man lost to the sport who was instrumental in your involvement!!
Old 16 Jan 2020, 18:00 (Ref:3951964)   #18
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Good question - I'm assuming Albatec still have them, I've not heard any plans from them for this season though. Do they also still have the 306?
That is what I assumed as well...

Quote:
I asked Andy Scott when he was doing the first round of the MSN Circuit Rally Championship at Oulton Park back in November last year if they still had any RX supercars laying around and he said they had 1 left, not sure if that was one of the originals or the new build one from 2018. Hopefully they can find the budget to run again this year.
...very surprised to read they have got shot of everything (including the 306?). As you say I assume they held onto the 2018 car, as I think that was the one that Higgins ran at Silverstone last year?

Quote:
if the Clio stays idle then Supernational should be more competitive.
Agreed. As much as I love the sight and sound of that Clio, it has been too dominant in the hands of Ovenden.

Quote:
I wonder who is running the car? Will LD Motorsport run it, or will Tristan have his own team on the spanners?
Old 19 Jan 2020, 20:13 (Ref:3952337)   #19
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Did anyone go to Lydden for the latest round of the winter series? I saw a few bits and pieces on social media but again Lydden didn't seem to be publicising it very well. Is there another round to come for the winter series?
Old 20 Jan 2020, 20:25 (Ref:3952488)   #20
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Did anyone go to Lydden for the latest round of the winter series? I saw a few bits and pieces on social media but again Lydden didn't seem to be publicising it very well. Is there another round to come for the winter series?
I went Bert. Similar turnout to the November meet plus they added in an hour of oval racing during the lunch break and another hour in the evening.

Few decent races, though Ovenden went (largely) unchallenged in the Clio V6: Ling was hanging onto him during the final, but he had issues (again) and retired. Not as many European drivers this time round, which was a shame.

There is one more Winter round to come on a yet to be announced date (probably around the 22nd?). I am hoping we might see a few Championship challengers use it for testing.
Old 20 Jan 2020, 20:32 (Ref:3952489)   #21
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
I went Bert. Similar turnout to the November meet plus they added in an hour of oval racing during the lunch break and another hour in the evening.
Adding the oval racing is a good shout if it makes the meetings viable - not something I watch regularly but as a 'now and again' it's interesting.

Quote:
Few decent races, though Ovenden went (largely) unchallenged in the Clio V6: Ling was hanging onto him during the final, but he had issues (again) and retired. Not as many European drivers this time round, which was a shame.
Lings Fiesta looks to have some pace but it does seem fragile, hopefully he gets that sorted. Hopefully there will be some more of the Europeans at the next one, they always add something to the meetings.

Quote:
There is one more Winter round to come on a yet to be announced date (probably around the 22nd?). I am hoping we might see a few Championship challengers use it for testing.
March 14th was the date I heard for the next round - maybe a good pre-season test for people?
Old 21 Jan 2020, 11:12 (Ref:3952560)   #22
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Adding the oval racing is a good shout if it makes the meetings viable - not something I watch regularly but as a 'now and again' it's interesting.
Fully agree: it was entertaining to watch for an hour, but I wouldn't go specifically to watch it.

Quote:
Lings Fiesta looks to have some pace but it does seem fragile, hopefully he gets that sorted. Hopefully there will be some more of the Europeans at the next one, they always add something to the meetings.
I was really surprised by Ling last year. The first time I saw him in that Fiesta he was languishing at the back, the car seems so much quicker now: just need it to hold together for a whole day!

Quote:
March 14th was the date I heard for the next round - maybe a good pre-season test for people?
Could well be: I was assuming a month(ish) on from the January date, but moving to March should mean that winter rebuilds are complete?
Old 25 Jan 2020, 16:43 (Ref:3953307)   #23
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Few pictures from Lydden last weekend:

Few more here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57712830920083

If anyone is interested.
Old 25 Jan 2020, 23:48 (Ref:3953573)   #24
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
Cheers for those Steve, hopefully i'll get to the last of the winters meetings and as said above, hopefully sum of the season regualrs come out to play and treat it as a test day
Old 27 Jan 2020, 09:11 (Ref:3953965)   #25
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Cheers for those Steve, hopefully i'll get to the last of the winters meetings and as said above, hopefully sum of the season regualrs come out to play and treat it as a test day
Yeah, I have got my fingers crossed that we see some Championship contenders on the entry (especially some Supercars!).