Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Nov 2018, 15:25 (Ref:3864510)   #101
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 500 Owners Association have released their 2019 circuit racing calendar as well:

13th or 14th April Silverstone VSCC
18th May Oulton Park VSCC
16th June Mallory Park Classic and Modern Motorsport
6th/7th July Croix en Ternois
27th July Cadwell Park VSCC
24th August Brands Hatch VSCC

and if plans come to fruition and for the lucky chosen few

13th 15th September Goodwood Revival
Old 20 Nov 2018, 15:57 (Ref:3864518)   #102
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJWBallistic View Post
The 500 Owners Association have released their 2019 circuit racing calendar as well:

6/7 July duly noted!
Old 20 Nov 2018, 15:58 (Ref:3864521)   #103
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
John, I guess the early July will be busy for you…
Old 20 Nov 2018, 16:02 (Ref:3864524)   #104
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJWBallistic View Post

Croix date is looking good at moment.
Old 20 Nov 2018, 16:06 (Ref:3864526)   #105
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
John, I guess the early July will be busy for you…
Not so far - I think it will be Croix, then British GP on the Friday. Last part of June looks a bit hectic.
Old 20 Nov 2018, 18:15 (Ref:3864549)   #106
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Mmm, could leave early and stop off on the way to Hungary......
Old 20 Nov 2018, 18:41 (Ref:3864557)   #107
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Hope delta and friends will bring some three wheeler with. Last time I could admire some real racing was Montlhéry Lalique (or may be GP Age d'or). I couldn't imagine this kind of machine that fast. Dont they use 1000 Jap alcohol fed engines (bronze crank case?) and Avon soft compound?
A world apart, between bikes and cars.
Old 20 Nov 2018, 19:12 (Ref:3864560)   #108
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Mmm, could leave early and stop off on the way to Hungary......
Why not? You'd be assured of a welcome!
Old 20 Nov 2018, 19:37 (Ref:3864566)   #109
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Hooo yep, very warm welcome there. You can't imagine what kind of fuel the natives can use. It starts very soon because they put some additive in the nursing bottles!!!
Before spelling "croissant" correctly, just learn "bistrot" and you'll find anything…
Hein mon ch'tiot père? T'es d'min coin ti!
Old 20 Nov 2018, 20:06 (Ref:3864576)   #110
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Hooo yep, very warm welcome there. You can't imagine what kind of fuel the natives can use. It starts very soon because they put some additive in the nursing bottles!!!
Before spelling "croissant" correctly, just learn "bistrot" and you'll find anything…
Hein mon ch'tiot père? T'es d'min coin ti!
You'd need something warm tonight - it's snowing.
Old 20 Nov 2018, 20:59 (Ref:3864595)   #111
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
...... then British GP on the Friday.

Presumably then spending the Saturday and Sunday at Anglesey to see some real racing.
Old 20 Nov 2018, 21:02 (Ref:3864598)   #112
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Presumably then spending the Saturday and Sunday at Anglesey to see some real racing.
I'd love to go to Anglesey - never been.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 06:25 (Ref:3864659)   #113
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I'd love to go to Anglesey - never been.
The best circuit in the country. And a wonderful setting. Well worth the trip.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 12:20 (Ref:3864720)   #114
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post

Don't know whether its the best, overall - its a bit basic, facility-wise...but purely as a track I do love racing there and when spectating if you get up on the banking above the gooseneck you can see about 80% of the circuit.

Glad we'll be going back there with CSCC next year. Just have to remember not to get carried away looking at the scenery
Old 21 Nov 2018, 12:21 (Ref:3864722)   #115
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:

I'll second that.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 12:58 (Ref:3864736)   #116
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Further to my post #45 about Julius Thurgood's plans for a Classic Alfa Challenge, it looks as though he's now firmed up on the 2 proposed dates, so the 3 races will be:
Silverstone on 14 April, Thruxton on 2 June and Castle Combe on 5 October
Old 21 Nov 2018, 13:07 (Ref:3864739)   #117
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Don't know whether its the best, overall - its a bit basic, facility-wise...but purely as a track I do love racing there and when spectating if you get up on the banking above the gooseneck you can see about 80% of the circuit.

Glad we'll be going back there with CSCC next year. Just have to remember not to get carried away looking at the scenery
Its the track that counts, and the scenery. And it really is a fabulous track. 2nd widest track in the country too.

As for the facilities, they have improved significantly now that the pit garage complex has beeb built. Better than Mallory and not that much different to Snetterton now.
Granted the food and loos are not as good as at MSVR tracks.

I really do believe that if the circuit was on, say, the South Coast, with decent access, would look fabulous on TV and be the home of some very major meetings.

And for those that knock the EU, note that an EU regional development grant paid for much of the new layout to be constructed!!!!
Old 21 Nov 2018, 13:26 (Ref:3864741)   #118
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, so it was built with taxpayer's money?
Old 21 Nov 2018, 15:25 (Ref:3864761)   #119
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Pity they didn't spend any on the roads.
It's even worse than Oulton Park to get to.

Last time I went it took over 6 hours to do the 200 or so miles getting there and I vowed never again.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 15:29 (Ref:3864763)   #120
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
It's even worse than Oulton Park to get to. Last time I went it took over 6 hours to do the 200 or so miles getting there and I vowed never again.

Yes, even for me here in the north it's a 3 hour journey. Those N. Wales roads are slow and the M62 seems to have a major holdup every day.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 15:29 (Ref:3864764)   #121
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Guess so. Even more reason to use it!
Old 21 Nov 2018, 15:31 (Ref:3864765)   #122
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
It's even worse than Oulton Park to get to.

Last time I went it took over 6 hours to do the 200 or so miles getting there and I vowed never again.

It obviously depends on where you start from. I am happier to go to Anglesey from the East Midlands than I am to Brands Hatch
Old 21 Nov 2018, 16:11 (Ref:3864785)   #123
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Further to my post #45 about Julius Thurgood's plans for a Classic Alfa Challenge, it looks as though he's now firmed up on the 2 proposed dates, so the 3 races will be:
Silverstone on 14 April, Thruxton on 2 June and Castle Combe on 5 October
Has the whole HRDC calendar been announced?
Old 21 Nov 2018, 16:25 (Ref:3864791)   #124
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It obviously depends on where you start from. I am happier to go to Anglesey from the East Midlands than I am to Brands Hatch
Fair point. I went this year for the two day MGCC meeting and had a big issue with paying the stealth tax sorry toll.
Old 21 Nov 2018, 16:47 (Ref:3864797)   #125
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Has the whole HRDC calendar been announced?
No and I also hear that he's interested in anyone with a Group 1.5 car for an introductory race.