Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Sep 2020, 13:54 (Ref:4000452)   #76
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Giovanazzi gets a stop go for pitting when the pits were closed. Why not Hamilton?

The race is red flagged.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 13:57 (Ref:4000455)   #77
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Reg flag is the right call imo.

Yeah why no penalty for ham?
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:00 (Ref:4000458)   #78
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Reg flag is the right call imo.

Yeah why no penalty for ham?
They've given him a 10 second stop go and I believe he has to take it, within three laps of the restart.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:03 (Ref:4000461)   #79
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
An interesting shot of Lewis on his scooter, going down pit road.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:09 (Ref:4000462)   #80
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've just been through the official docs for this race.

They state the the light panel indicated on the "pit lane map" (which I can't find) will display a red cross when pit entry is closed.

Both panels at Parabolica were displaying the SC symbol - yellow surround with white SC in the centre.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:11 (Ref:4000463)   #81
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hate this changing tyre under red flag. Means Stroll won’t actually have to pit
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:12 (Ref:4000464)   #82
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have mixed feelings about the free stop.

Canadian
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:15 (Ref:4000465)   #83
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Both panels at Parabolica were displaying the SC symbol - yellow surround with white SC in the centre.
Slo-mo just on Sky shows red Xs on those panels.

They are hard to see at speed and I suspect whoever was leading would have come in because there was so little time to react. The other teams had just an extra few seconds to make the right choice.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:18 (Ref:4000466)   #84
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Mercedes do not do well with pit stops around SCs.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:20 (Ref:4000467)   #85
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I stand corrected. Although I dispute the use of the word "clearly"
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:20 (Ref:4000468)   #86
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Apparently it will be a grid restart, not a restart behind the SC.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:23 (Ref:4000469)   #87
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
When was the last time we had a team other than Mercedes, Red Bull or Ferrari win a race?

(I mean, they have a pretty good chance to do it today.)
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:25 (Ref:4000470)   #88
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Stroll
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:26 (Ref:4000471)   #89
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I stand corrected. Although I dispute the use of the word "clearly"
Yeah. And in any case it can't be on the driver there - he's been told to pit, he's expecting to pit and was all but committed to pitting by the time those panels were visible. The problem is that the team didn't see the notification that pits were closed in time (because presumably it didn't occur to them as it's never happened before). The teams just a few seconds back down the track were able to see it.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:26 (Ref:4000472)   #90
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
24 qualifying laps to come from Hamilton.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:26 (Ref:4000473)   #91
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
What is happening in this race!!!
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:26 (Ref:4000474)   #92
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
A clean and uneventful restart.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:28 (Ref:4000475)   #93
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Uneventful?

Gastly doing a Vettee STR impression!
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:29 (Ref:4000476)   #94
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Oh. Verstappen retires too.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:29 (Ref:4000477)   #95
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
This race is, of course, in 2020 - the year nobody can predict what happens next.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:30 (Ref:4000478)   #96
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Uneventful?

Gastly doing a Vettee STR impression!
I must have missed that.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:30 (Ref:4000479)   #97
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
Quote:
This race is, of course, in 2020 - the year nobody can predict what happens next.
Right!

Life in the bubble.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:33 (Ref:4000481)   #98
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Great racing from Sainz & Raikkonen there.

Hamilton pumping in insane laps now.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:33 (Ref:4000482)   #99
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
That radio message was played at right moment.

Great pass by Sainz.
Old 6 Sep 2020, 14:40 (Ref:4000484)   #100
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Good demonstration here of how Hamilton's car (and Bottas', by extension) is designed and/or set up to be in front.