Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Aug 2021, 15:13 (Ref:4066437)   #26
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely if eligible for Constructors points, Adam/Cicely can't also be in the Independents too.
Old 12 Aug 2021, 15:36 (Ref:4066442)   #27
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Surely if eligible for Constructors points, Adam/Cicely can't also be in the Independents too.
I think the Manufacturers/Constructors championship is open to whichever Manufacturer/Importer/Constructor registers for it. Once the brand has been registered, any car of that make can be nominated even if they're not part of the manufacturer team. As such an independent can score points for the manufacturers championship whilst still scoring independents points.
Old 12 Aug 2021, 15:36 (Ref:4066443)   #28
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Regulation 1.6.3 :

'[...]Classification as a Constructor may not necessarily exclude their eligibility for any or all of the awards or prize money offered to Independent entrants. The final decision as to which entrants may be eligible to be classified as a Constructor and/or for any awards or prize money available to Independent entrants rests solely with the Administrator, whose decision will be final.'

Team BMW (WSR) is entered in the Teams' championship, but not eligible for the Independents'.
Ciceley is entered in the Teams' championship and eligible for the Independents'.
BMW is entered as a Constructor, and can nominate any BMW as one of their two cars each weekend.
Old 12 Aug 2021, 16:26 (Ref:4066449)   #29
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay87 View Post
Seems so odd that Chilton has no pace at all in the car yet morgan is right on the pace.
Chilton being outpaced by his team-mate; is that really that odd?
Old 12 Aug 2021, 16:48 (Ref:4066453)   #30
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Hopefully not but I wouldn't bet against it. If so, it'd be a confirmation that WSR is in a big hole.
Wasnt it Dynamics who bagged WSR saying a WSR customer would never get the same gear. Oddly BTC seem to be going better now they are more independent of Dynamics!
Old 12 Aug 2021, 18:36 (Ref:4066461)   #31
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Chilton being outpaced by his team-mate; is that really that odd?
Not really he had arguably one of the best cars under him last year too and under performed. Just seems he can't click with these ngtc cars for some reason. Makes you wonder if this will be his last season in btcc
Old 12 Aug 2021, 18:53 (Ref:4066467)   #32
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
He came third in 2018, so I think he still knows how to drive. And he wasn’t that far behind Cook last year IIRC
Old 12 Aug 2021, 20:17 (Ref:4066480)   #33
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Cook had a lot of bad luck last year, but Chilton did still do a very decent job, as he also did the previous three seasons. I think what's more telling is that Dan Rowbottom and Tom Oliphant both struggled massively compared to Morgan when they were in the Ciceley Mercedes, and both have since proven themselves to be top-end BTCC drivers. So either Morgan is actually a lot, lot better than we think he is, or more likely, he gets preferential treatment over his teammates because it is his father's team.
Old 13 Aug 2021, 10:01 (Ref:4066540)   #34
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://twitter.com/TheHardCompound/...105451521?s=19
Old 13 Aug 2021, 11:05 (Ref:4066545)   #35
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
Cook had a lot of bad luck last year, but Chilton did still do a very decent job, as he also did the previous three seasons. I think what's more telling is that Dan Rowbottom and Tom Oliphant both struggled massively compared to Morgan when they were in the Ciceley Mercedes, and both have since proven themselves to be top-end BTCC drivers. So either Morgan is actually a lot, lot better than we think he is, or more likely, he gets preferential treatment over his teammates because it is his father's team.
Honestly saying, I've also been thinking about Morgan getting preferential treatment in the team. As you say, Rowbottom or Oliphant were actually nowhere when driving for Cicely and in different teams turned out to be decent peddlers.
I don't like such conspiracy theories but a gap between Morgan and Chilton is horrific. Chilton may never have been a favourite to win titles but has been a very decent driver with quite a few solid seasons and results. Can't comprehend how he struggles to be in points actually while Morgan is constantly around Top 5-10.
Old 13 Aug 2021, 11:23 (Ref:4066552)   #36
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I can't see Mr Chilton Snr. being very happy if Jnr is getting inferior machinery or treatment. He will be bringing significant amounts of money into the team!
Old 13 Aug 2021, 11:59 (Ref:4066558)   #37
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Will it rain this weekend?
Old 13 Aug 2021, 12:08 (Ref:4066560)   #38
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Will it rain this weekend?
Yes
Old 13 Aug 2021, 13:41 (Ref:4066572)   #39
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The question is where?
Old 13 Aug 2021, 13:47 (Ref:4066573)   #40
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The question is where?
From the sky
Old 13 Aug 2021, 16:33 (Ref:4066593)   #41
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I can't see Mr Chilton Snr. being very happy if Jnr is getting inferior machinery or treatment. He will be bringing significant amounts of money into the team!
True and that's why theory about Morgan getting perferential treatment doesn't really click. But it's just a bit strange - maybe Tom didn't gell with the team and RWD machinery? Who knows.
Old 13 Aug 2021, 17:44 (Ref:4066599)   #42
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I'm not entirely convinced Tom has the old fire in his belly since he ''settled down'' and ''grew up''. I get the impression racing to him is something to do as he heads towards his 40s rather than an ultimate passion. I don't mean he doesn't enjoy it but how many times has he been at 11/10ths in the last year or two compared to a Cook/Hill/Cammish etc? If he didn't have the family backing he'd probably have ditched touring cars long ago and switched to GT racing as a Pro driver alongside a well- heeled AM like TOC, ATS and Rob Collard did.
Old 14 Aug 2021, 14:36 (Ref:4066670)   #43
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congrats to Turks for pole, he really needs 2 wins for his championship campaign

Shedden outside the top 10 is bizzare
Old 14 Aug 2021, 14:43 (Ref:4066671)   #44
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Hopefully Turkington can use this to get back in the title hunt. Also very impressive from Proctor, Smiley and Moffat, who have all stepped up this season against very strong teammates. Unfortunate that Carl Boardley is so far back, because pre-season I predicted him to win race three at Knockhill (it might still happen)!
Old 14 Aug 2021, 14:44 (Ref:4066672)   #45
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Shedden outside the top 10 is bizzare
Ballast and FWD at Knockhill should hardly be a surprise. Hill's pace is the significant outlier IMO.
Old 14 Aug 2021, 14:47 (Ref:4066673)   #46
S griffin
Veteran

Well done Colin on that pole. He needs a big result to stay in the championship. Nice to see Proctor on the front row and what about that lap from Smiley to go P3?

Sutton seemed to really pushing it that session. Will Moffat be investigated for what he did to Edwards? Nice to see Chilton closer to Morgan
Old 14 Aug 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4066674)   #47
BTCC frog
Veteran

I very much enjoyed Aiden Moffat's imaginary lap with Tim Harvey's commentary, despite the crash at the end of it
Old 14 Aug 2021, 16:02 (Ref:4066681)   #48
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
https://twitter.com/BTCC/status/1426...049553408?s=19
Old 14 Aug 2021, 19:06 (Ref:4066713)   #49
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like another Mini roll

https://twitter.com/krcircuit/status...196437506?s=21
Old 15 Aug 2021, 09:21 (Ref:4066782)   #50
BTCC frog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCC frog View Post
I very much enjoyed Aiden Moffat's imaginary lap with Tim Harvey's commentary, despite the crash at the end of it
And here it is:
https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1426818361762136068