Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Sep 2021, 15:09 (Ref:4071817)   #26
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Seb wants all the jobs!

he's great!
Yes. He is I think he might be my favorite at the moment.
Old 3 Sep 2021, 15:24 (Ref:4071819)   #27
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I'm loving this Vatican City GP idea! Corners named after saints. Marshals dressed like Swiss Guards. The Pope can present trophies, or wave checkered flag, or maybe both!

Richard
Great ideas, but I'm not sure the Pope would give it his blessing.
Old 3 Sep 2021, 15:58 (Ref:4071824)   #28
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think Bernie sold the Vatican GP to the pope in 82. At least that’s what Clive James said on the end of season review….

Anyway big problems for Hamilton, but what a nice change to see Ferraris 1-2.
Old 3 Sep 2021, 16:24 (Ref:4071830)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Excellent intro as ever.

I was really looking forward to the first Dutch GP since 1985. I'll get to watch qualifying but unfortunately I will miss the race.

Two memories in particular come to mind. First Andretti and Hunt tangling in 1977, as they rounded Tarzan Bend and Hunt having to retire as a result and 1979, when Villeneuve's left rear tyre punctured, as he passed the pits, causing him to spin and then driving his Ferrari 312 T4 all the way back to the pits, as it turned itself into a tricycle. Vettel having to get a fire extinguisher brings back memories I would rather forget.
Old 3 Sep 2021, 19:10 (Ref:4071844)   #30
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Only been to Zandvoort a few times (when my stepson raced in the 924 Hankook series, and when I attended the Alfa Romeo Spettacolo Sportivo), and I've no idea where they are going to accommodate the spectators apart from the pit straight....and access will be a nightmare.....

But its a testing circuit which the drivers seem to like, though qualy will be tricky to get a clear lap, with free practice showing the first 10 on 1 minute 10 seconds in FP2....

Quite a few people having issues of one sort or another.....
Old 3 Sep 2021, 19:32 (Ref:4071846)   #31
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
to the delight of everyone there, Hamilton stops on track with some sort of issue.
Do you want more sugar in that coating, formula1.com?

Quote:
Cue friendly waves and raucous cheers from the home crowd as Hamilton was driven back to the paddock in the Medical Car.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...HopogcEOr.html
Old 3 Sep 2021, 19:52 (Ref:4071850)   #32
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think we all know that if there's one driver who can pull a lap out of nowhere, it's Hamilton.

Qualifying will be fascinating.

Also: the reason the marshals didn't respond to Vettel's car is most likely because race control told them not to, rather than them being a bit slow. Given this is the first time F1 cars have run competitively at Zandvoort in several decades, the risk management side of things will be very much to the fore this weekend. Nobody there has any experience of these modern cars on that circuit. The marshals themselves are very experienced - just not with modern F1 cars.
Old 3 Sep 2021, 22:48 (Ref:4071868)   #33
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Great intro as ever BR - thank you.

Makes me wish that Alex Albon was driving this weekend, to have a link back to his fellow-countryman, the first ever winner of a Grand Prix here.

My prediction for the weekend is HEAPS of orange smoke!

Caught up with FP1 last night, about to check out FP2 replay.

With Greem re marshals and Vettee's car - they were there (although didn't appear to be in fire gear) as were extinguishers but these ridiculously over-complicated cars have to be safe before the marshals go to town on them - which evidently the car wasn't. No fault of the marshals at all. The fact that we lost circa half an hour from a one hour practice session for something so minor was ridiculous and again an example of "what were they thinking" when it comes to the current cars. If something similar happens during the race, the big red button in Race Control could be in for another workout.

Agree with others, finding clear space and even dare we say it, overtaking is going to be tricky here - clearly evidenced by the teams / drivers spacing themselves out and building gaps in the pit lane, rather than on track. Given the bloated size of the current cars, maybe we need to look for Dutch Truck Grand Prix history for pointers of possible outcomes?

Nice to have a Grand Prix with sunshine after last weekend - long may it continue!
Old 4 Sep 2021, 04:13 (Ref:4071908)   #34
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
not sure that in practice it's much different to the hungaroring, just maybe a bit quicker?
I initially thought that, but it looks tighter around the circuit perimeter and is even more relentless than the Hungaroring. The banked corners also lend it a different feel.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 04:49 (Ref:4071911)   #35
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Various members have memories going back a while in the sport's history. Just how well-received was Zandvoort at the time? Was it popular or considered too tight and twisty?
Generally considered dangerous and unpredictable due to the sand from the dunes blowing on to the track.

Last edited by wnut; 4 Sep 2021 at 04:55.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 05:06 (Ref:4071912)   #36
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
I dont remember the old circuit races, but this iteration looks great on the teev anyway.
And after the craziness/farce/controversy of the last few races, im hoping for a simple clean race, with the fastest best car winning on merit. Even if its a bit boring
Old 4 Sep 2021, 05:17 (Ref:4071913)   #37
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
I did like the comment re Spa on sky (Crofty I think)

"Last year we had a race with no fans, this year we had fans with no race."
Sums it up really
Old 4 Sep 2021, 06:32 (Ref:4071915)   #38
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Generally considered dangerous and unpredictable due to the sand from the dunes blowing on to the track.
It was bloody great . I went to the last Dutch GP in 1985 and was privileged to see Lauda take his last victory after an elbows out fight with Prost . The circuit was terrific , with super views down from the dunes , and it was possible to get very close in places .

As you'd expect in pre Verstappen Holland , it was incredibly laid back and on the Saturday qualifying had about the same number of spectators as a Mallory Park club meeting .

Because you are so close to the North Sea, it felt like Skegness , but with better chips and a population who spoke better English . As for danger , like very other circuit of the era it had had its share of tragedy but it wasn't unusual in that respect . I'd love to be there today .
Old 4 Sep 2021, 07:44 (Ref:4071919)   #39
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Kubica to race this weekend!
Old 4 Sep 2021, 07:56 (Ref:4071920)   #40
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Raikkonen has tested positive for COVID, which is why Kubica is to replace him. He is fine and has no symptoms.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 08:29 (Ref:4071921)   #41
gunlomboy
Rookie

Vietnam
Hanoi, Vietnam
gunlomboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kubica! It must have been a toss-up between Kubica and Kimi's grandmother. I expect she wasn't available.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 08:35 (Ref:4071923)   #42
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I’m pleased that the circuit has remained mostly intact, with minimal changes to the layout and run offs.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 09:16 (Ref:4071926)   #43
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
It should be interesting to say the least, I remember camping in Holland back in the early 70s with my girlfriend and heard some cars thrashing round in the distance. After a walk along the beach I realised that it was Zandfoort and was surprised how narrow it was for racing especially F1 !.
I take it that there might be a few Dutch fans there
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 4 Sep 2021, 09:22 (Ref:4071927)   #44
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Shame that we will see Kimi one fewer time before he retires for now. Let's see what Kubica can do in that car now
Old 4 Sep 2021, 10:05 (Ref:4071933)   #45
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I’m pleased that the circuit has remained mostly intact, with minimal changes to the layout and run offs.
Apart from about half of it has disappeared since the last Dutch GP.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 10:59 (Ref:4071937)   #46
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
There is a decent section that is similar, but a length that has been lost to development.

this website shows the changes through the years well.

https://www.racingcircuits.info/euro...l#.YTNQgS33af1

It’s a website that has been with us for some times. Occasionally being lost, but then being resurrected. A bit like Zandvoort
Old 4 Sep 2021, 11:01 (Ref:4071939)   #47
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They really butchered it in '89, didn't they.....?
Old 4 Sep 2021, 11:04 (Ref:4071940)   #48
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are there any other tracks in Europe using the SAFER barrier, or is Zandvoort the only one? Great to see anyhow.
Old 4 Sep 2021, 11:10 (Ref:4071945)   #49
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
They really butchered it in '89, didn't they.....?

And then extended it again in 98/99
Old 4 Sep 2021, 11:22 (Ref:4071946)   #50
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
And then extended it again in 98/99
Yes, but the beauty of the old circuit was lost under a golf course and holiday villas..... I guess we should be glad that the whole circuit wasn't erased like Rouen......