Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 25 Nov 2010, 16:35 (Ref:2795692)   #1
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Fanatec XBox360 Wheel now a reality!

Yep, today Thomas has anounced that Fanatec have been listening to their customers and in the light of there being no realistic wheel options for X360 gamers they have been working on, and will be releasing another wheel. This time for the 360 only!

http://www.911wheel.de/?q=node/4621

Perry McCarthy
Old 25 Nov 2010, 17:05 (Ref:2795709)   #2
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This may be my first wheel purchase...........................

Fingers crossed its priced competitively
Old 25 Nov 2010, 17:12 (Ref:2795715)   #3
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
If I were you Rob I'd expect it to be around the same sort of area as the GT3RS Wheel. Just an educated guess.

So 179.95 Euros (£152.50) for the basic model going up to 319.95 Euros (£217.30) for the ClubSport Edition.

Any less would be unrealistic IMO

Perry McCarthy
Old 25 Nov 2010, 17:24 (Ref:2795720)   #4
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having convo's with you on 2 forums simulataneously here!!! lol

Price sounds about right to me...........
Old 25 Nov 2010, 17:35 (Ref:2795724)   #5
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
LOL I was just thinking that myself.

Yeah GT2 RS that'd be great.......oh................hang on...............that's on the other forum.

Yeah I reckon that'd be a realistic price especially when you consider the unbelieveable £109 that MadCatz are charging for their toy wheel

Perry McCarthy
Old 25 Nov 2010, 19:13 (Ref:2795748)   #6
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It was only a matter of time, because the situation we currently have with the only FF wheel available being discontinued some time ago was ridiculous! The 360 has historically had the better driving games (imo! ) but you've only ever had one affordable option. On the flipside the PS3 has been awash with wheels. There must be something hideous with Microsoft licensing.

At least I might have something to turn to when my Microsoft wheel goes bang! I still wish Logitech products would be supported at some point though.
Old 26 Nov 2010, 08:29 (Ref:2795933)   #7
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Err... Can I have a sports question?
PabloTeK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudgun View Post
It was only a matter of time, because the situation we currently have with the only FF wheel available being discontinued some time ago was ridiculous! The 360 has historically had the better driving games (imo! ) but you've only ever had one affordable option. On the flipside the PS3 has been awash with wheels. There must be something hideous with Microsoft licensing.

At least I might have something to turn to when my Microsoft wheel goes bang! I still wish Logitech products would be supported at some point though.
Well judging from the 360 controller, one source of fun is that the Z axis (throttle/brake) is a combined one! Most controllers are split.
Old 28 Nov 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2796812)   #8
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
I'm not with you Pablo....what are you talking about?

Perry McCarthy
Old 29 Nov 2010, 11:58 (Ref:2797125)   #9
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
RRp and release date will be published this week!

Perry McCarthy
Old 29 Nov 2010, 19:39 (Ref:2797314)   #10
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1066 View Post
I'm not with you Pablo....what are you talking about?
The Xbox controller uses a combined Z axis, which means that brake and accelerator can't be used if you use the triggers as the brake and loud pedal as I do, sightly frustrating but hey...
Old 30 Nov 2010, 18:22 (Ref:2797766)   #11
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Sorry I may be being a bit fick, but are you saying that there's a problem with using the triggers on a hand controller as accelerator and brake? I've never come across that myself.

Also, What bearing does that have on a new wheel?

With the pedals the brake and accelerator work independantly and also work at the same time, well they do for me.

Perry McCarthy
Old 30 Nov 2010, 18:47 (Ref:2797778)   #12
SennaTheGreat
Veteran

England
Grimsby
SennaTheGreat has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
on forza i regularly use the brakes and throttle going round a bend and my controller has no problem with it
Old 1 Dec 2010, 12:05 (Ref:2798076)   #13
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem with them being on the same axis is that when you use the Microsoft Wheel on the PC, you can't brake and accelerate at the same time.

I don't think he knows quite what this thread is actually about anyway
Old 1 Dec 2010, 13:56 (Ref:2798139)   #14
PabloTeK
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyf1 View Post
The problem with them being on the same axis is that when you use the Microsoft Wheel on the PC, you can't brake and accelerate at the same time.

I do, but I was wondering why there's never been a standard wheel for the 360, I mean it uses a similar control API to that of Windows! Shame it's taken so long, but is the G27 not compatiable?
Old 1 Dec 2010, 13:59 (Ref:2798142)   #15
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Quote:

Why on earth would anyone use an M$ wheel on a PC? It's expensive enough for a sub standard wheel, but to then choose to use it on a PC when you can have a good wheel for half the price seems a bit crazy to me.

Anyhoo, yeah we're wandering off topic.

Pablo, whatever your concerns are I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem on the Fanatec XBox wheel.

Perry McCarthy
Old 1 Dec 2010, 14:25 (Ref:2798155)   #16
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
I use the MS wheel on the PC, purely because I bought the wheel for the XBOX, then realised I could use it for rFactor, too (with a wireless adaptor)...

It'd be rediculously stupid to buy another wheel just for the PC............................ (you probably shouldn't look at my "is it worth it?" topic... )

Selby
Old 1 Dec 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2798190)   #17
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
(you probably shouldn't look at my "is it worth it?" topic... )

Selby

LOL I couldn't help it, that was like saying "Don't look now but......"

I can see why you would think to use the M$ wheel with a PC now if you've never experienced a decent wheel, then you'll think that the M$ one does the job fine.....but it really doesn't cut it, especially at the price being asked for it.

The obvious option for you & me would have been to buy the Fanatec PWTS for multi platform fun. I did that, but obviously you didn't.

But it's all sold out and so the point of the thread is to let those who missed the boat and have never had a decent wheel for the XBox know that there will very soon be a wheel for them.

Perry McCarthy
Old 1 Dec 2010, 16:54 (Ref:2798202)   #18
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PabloTeK View Post
but is the G27 not compatiable?
The G27 is not compatible

But as you say, may be something to do with the axii supported.
Old 2 Dec 2010, 11:23 (Ref:2798538)   #19
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1066 View Post
But it's all sold out and so the point of the thread is to let those who missed the boat and have never had a decent wheel for the XBox know that there will very soon be a wheel for them.
I would still rather have one that had full compatibility across all the consoles and the PC though. Hopefully the Fanatec could be PC compatible. I need something to play GPL and LFS on!
Old 2 Dec 2010, 11:46 (Ref:2798552)   #20
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
http://www.virtualr.net/new-fanatec-...odel-revealed/

and guess what, it is
Old 4 Dec 2010, 17:36 (Ref:2799587)   #21
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
http://www.virtualr.net/fanatec-pors...eel-announced/

Pictures + Pricing!
Old 5 Dec 2010, 11:43 (Ref:2799876)   #22
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Inside Sim Racing have a look at the new GT2!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5jc2Aztm7o
Old 6 Dec 2010, 14:40 (Ref:2800378)   #23
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
It's looking great!

Getting my order in soon, although it's not for me, my son's using his money to buy it. I'll be sticking with mt PWTS for now (no need to change) Now I'm feelin jealous that my 9 year old is gonna have a nicer wheel than me LOL

Perry McCarthy
Old 6 Dec 2010, 19:37 (Ref:2800506)   #24
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
Man, its well out of my price range.

Wish I had that amount of money when I was 9
Old 7 Dec 2010, 19:25 (Ref:2801049)   #25
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
Quote:
Wish I had that amount of money when I was 9
He's a lucky boy, although he's made his own luck, he's saved all that money himself from whatever he's had for birthdays and Christmases over the years. He also bought is own XBox.

My GamePOD should be arriving next week so when it does he'll be donated my Playseat and then he's set.

Perry McCarthy