Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 3 Apr 2019, 10:08 (Ref:3895035)   #26
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have more than a suspicion that it's going to be rammed this weekend(spectator wise)
Old 3 Apr 2019, 10:54 (Ref:3895047)   #27
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fish

Chilton already laments the Subaru

Quote:
The Subaru in my mind is a car which shouldn’t be on the grid, and everyone else thinks that, as its engine is so far down and so far backwards…the centre of gravity just isn’t right, and can dive down the inside of anyone and make them look stupid because it has that much of an advantage, it shouldn’t be on the grid
Old 3 Apr 2019, 11:03 (Ref:3895048)   #28
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post

Getting his excuses in early, then!

What he should have said is that Ash Sutton is gifted with an ability to handle the Subaru in a way that none of the other BRM drivers is able, not even the veteran Plato.

Maybe what Chilton really wants is for Sutton to be handicapped or possibly banned from the BTCC.
Old 3 Apr 2019, 11:05 (Ref:3895049)   #29
porsche962fan
Veteran

but he is not the only driver who laments that Subaru

and frankly I fully beleive the Ash Sutton myth if he does that with a "normal" car
Old 3 Apr 2019, 11:28 (Ref:3895052)   #30
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
What he should have said is that Ash Sutton is gifted with an ability to handle the Subaru in a way that none of the other BRM drivers is able, not even the veteran Plato.
Graham Hill would probably have done alright with it.....

It'll be interesting to see if the Subaru is garbage as usual at the Indy circuit.
Old 3 Apr 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3895053)   #31
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The possibility to build a Subaru was around long before BMR did it and I bet none of them would be complaining if they had done it first. If there is any fault it's with TOCA for not stopping the possibility when it was first mentioned.

Sutton is a top drawer driver in anything as he's shown in TCR, Clios and at Goodwood.
Old 3 Apr 2019, 11:40 (Ref:3895056)   #32
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
I wonder how Matt Neal and Jason Plato will get on bearing in mind Plato is in a Vauxhall
I see no reason why Neal will not have another good season, regular podiums and probably in contention for the championship.

Plato - that's a good question. Has he still got it? I am still confused as to why he has struggled so much over the last couple of years in what is championship winning car. I assume that the change to FWD will bring about a reversal of his fortunes. The Vauxhall looked decent last season - in some races more than others.

While we are talking about the old guard - how is Collard going to fare in a FWD car, after years of driving the BMW?
Old 3 Apr 2019, 11:47 (Ref:3895059)   #33
cameronpoe
Rookie

cameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

and frankly I fully beleive the Ash Sutton myth if he does that with a "normal" car
The Car is part GT , part touring car when you spend time looking at its engine layout.
Old 3 Apr 2019, 12:37 (Ref:3895065)   #34
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Have you seen any of his results outside of the Subaru? He does it in every car he's driven.

https://www.driverdb.com/drivers/ashlee-sutton/

2015 1st Renault UK Clio Cup
2014 3rd Dunlop MSA Formula Ford Championship of Great Britain
2007 1st Super 1 National Rotax Mini Max Championship
2007 1st Stars of Tomorrow National Championship - Rotax Mini Max
2004 1st Kartmasters British Grand Prix - WTP Cadet
Old 3 Apr 2019, 12:47 (Ref:3895068)   #35
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
JP has been delivering extensive training programs to drivers... soon will cometh the book "1001 Handy excuses for shifting the blame" by J.R.Hartley....
Old 3 Apr 2019, 12:56 (Ref:3895069)   #36
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Fairly sure that is a comment he made last year.
Old 3 Apr 2019, 13:39 (Ref:3895073)   #37
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It's going to be interesting. How well the Civic do with a season under it's belt? Will Plato be back on form now he's back with FWD? How quickly will the new BMW and Corolla get up to speed? Not to mention how the top drivers in independent drivers will do too.
Old 3 Apr 2019, 15:12 (Ref:3895097)   #38
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Fairly sure that is a comment he made last year.
It's a story about the 2019 season, detailed as being 6hrs ago...

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2019...achinery-2019/
Old 3 Apr 2019, 16:07 (Ref:3895104)   #39
LogoR125
Rookie

LogoR125 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Did you not watch the 2016 season then? Sutton put the MG on pole in only his second ever round in BTCC at Donington. Then won at Croft in the MG in the wet. Then pole again at Silverstone and finished 1st on the road before the car was DQ'd.

Sutton proved himself in a 'normal' car long before he got in the Subaru. When have we seen the MG anywhere near that competitive since? Never.
Old 3 Apr 2019, 16:32 (Ref:3895108)   #40
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The problem is that, in the eyes of certain people (and at least one on here), Ash Sutton isn't driving a Honda prepared by Dynamics.
Old 3 Apr 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3895111)   #41
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
...if Ash were in a Honda prepped by Dynamics then God help the opposition. He's the best driver by a mile in my opinion.
Old 3 Apr 2019, 16:59 (Ref:3895112)   #42
porsche962fan
Veteran

so if Ash was at WSR along Turks you really think he would beat him ?

Last edited by porsche962fan; 3 Apr 2019 at 17:18.
Old 3 Apr 2019, 17:22 (Ref:3895122)   #43
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Put that spade away mate, you aren’t exactly helping yourself with your anti-Ash comments
Old 3 Apr 2019, 18:21 (Ref:3895131)   #44
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Yes, he would beat him. Turks would also beat Ash at times.

At the end of the season, if Turkington and Sutton were teammates, they'd both be title contenders in any car on the grid.
Old 4 Apr 2019, 07:52 (Ref:3895194)   #45
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There might not be very much that we can all agree on, but I did think that Ash Sutton's talent might've been one of those things.

Alas not.
Old 4 Apr 2019, 10:45 (Ref:3895232)   #46
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Oh yes. Turks would be in the same ballpark, but I would reckon Ash would come out on top over a season.

I could also see Ash wiping the floor with the majority of WTCR drivers too.
Old 4 Apr 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3895239)   #47
porsche962fan
Veteran

well we never kow for sure until Ash actually moves to a differrent team

anyone remember Turks back in the old S2000 E90 days he humiliated the WTCC drivers so much that FIA changed the privateer points system from Saturday to sunday just because of him....
Old 4 Apr 2019, 13:48 (Ref:3895258)   #48
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
well we never kow for sure until Ash actually moves to a differrent team
But we do because (as a rookie) Ash drove the wheels off a very tired MG6, producing the sort of performance it hasn't been near replicating since. He also did it at a very slippery Croft having (I think I'm right in saying) not raced a touring car in the wet before.

He's an outstanding young talent and we (as BTCC fans) are very fortunate to have him on the grid.
Old 4 Apr 2019, 14:03 (Ref:3895260)   #49
S griffin
Veteran

Indeed. We better enjoy him while we can, as he could be off to another series anytime
Old 4 Apr 2019, 16:01 (Ref:3895270)   #50
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Indeed. We better enjoy him while we can, as he could be off to another series anytime
No doubt, and it very nearly happened this season.