Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Apr 2009, 04:06 (Ref:2446014)   #1
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silverstone Classic/Retro Run

I'm thinking of jumping over from Berlin for the Silverstone Classic with the lady in an old bucket o' bolts and saw some info for their "Retro Run" Wondering if that's something worth tacking onto the schedule. Anyone out there have any idea of it? Worth the extra £19? (£99 entry fee seems to include 2 weekend tix and infield parking). Don't know the area so I've no idea if it's a nice morning roadtrip or just getting stuck in traffic instead of enjoying the festival!
Old 21 Apr 2009, 06:58 (Ref:2446063)   #2
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokystove View Post
I'm thinking of jumping over from Berlin for the Silverstone Classic with the lady in an old bucket o' bolts and saw some info for their "Retro Run" Wondering if that's something worth tacking onto the schedule. Anyone out there have any idea of it? Worth the extra £19? (£99 entry fee seems to include 2 weekend tix and infield parking). Don't know the area so I've no idea if it's a nice morning roadtrip or just getting stuck in traffic instead of enjoying the festival!
Did this in my spitfire a couple of years back and enjoyed it. Nice drive with a good crew of like-minded people. Good little route through the countryside. Worth £19? Don't know. Suppose you could just go on your own drive by yourself but you do get a sense of 'occasion' and unless the format has changed, you also get to do a couple of laps of the GP circuit as well.
Old 21 Apr 2009, 18:14 (Ref:2446476)   #3
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Rocket (sorry, but when I call someone "Redneck" them's fightin' words!) nice to hear that it's a good route and friendly atmosphere.