Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 25 May 2017, 09:15 (Ref:3735889)   #51
10TENTHS
Veteran

10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The FIA acknowledging a structural flaw that contributed to Billy Monger's injuries? http://www.autosport.com/news/report...r-monger-crash

Quote:
"Following several front-to-rear incidents over the past months in various single-seater categories, the FIA would like all F1 teams to ensure that their rear jacking point designs cannot act aggressively during such an incident. Considering the strength, shape and position of the jacking points, they may become one of the initial points of contact in a crash with another car and alter the performance of the crash structure of the other car."
Old 25 May 2017, 11:30 (Ref:3735914)   #52
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
You've got to give em credit, they've seen their problem, now they are trying to put it right
Old 25 May 2017, 11:59 (Ref:3735925)   #53
10TENTHS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
You've got to give em credit, they've seen their problem, now they are trying to put it right
I didn't know teams even customised them to begin with, I assumed it was a standard design based on what I saw of the FIA crash test process.
Old 8 Jul 2017, 08:13 (Ref:3749553)   #54
J.U.
Racer

Germany
Hamburg
J.U. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Incredible what happened here: https://twitter.com/GirlsLikeRacing/...00143994634240 She could have died .
Old 8 Jul 2017, 11:10 (Ref:3749575)   #55
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So the obvious penalty is a €20'000 fine. Wait for Floersch!!!
Old 8 Jul 2017, 11:19 (Ref:3749578)   #56
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The fine is for releasing the video without permission of the championship.
Old 8 Jul 2017, 11:38 (Ref:3749580)   #57
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
The fine is for releasing the video without permission of the championship.
I actually knew that. While I understand fines for releasing clips I don't understand the severity of the penalty. It feels like they're trying to sweep this under the rug.
Old 8 Jul 2017, 21:41 (Ref:3749662)   #58
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The session was red flagged you can see the red flag on a right hander in the video. She also said she saw the red flag:

https://twitter.com/SophiaFloersch/s...33044183232512
Old 8 Jul 2017, 22:05 (Ref:3749665)   #59
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
I actually knew that. While I understand fines for releasing clips I don't understand the severity of the penalty. It feels like they're trying to sweep this under the rug.
you'll see the same rule in other fia championships regs too at the very least. very understandable why they'd want to give her a big fine for that - not only did it break a rule it was poor quality footage that gave the impression to the viewer that it happened on a clear track and that there was a serious misjudgement from officials. upon further investigation that wasn't the case.

personally i thought she was incredibly daft to post footage of herself driving dangerously fast under red flag conditions. i hope she gets an equally large fine for that too.
Old 11 Jul 2017, 13:12 (Ref:3750405)   #60
Motorsport Prospects
Rookie

Canada
Montreal
Motorsport Prospects should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had a great chat with some officials running the USF4 Championship this weekend. They would love to expand to a western series but are hampered by the lack of FIA certified tracks in the west so there are a lot of pieces that need to come together to make it happen. It is a very well run series and 29 cars were at Mosport. Great to see a junior series going strong.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 08:25 (Ref:3770690)   #61
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When was the last time a race was run where nobody completed the distance?

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/132106

It seems like everybody must have used the same fuel use calculations, I know it is a spec formula but how did everybody manage to get it wrong?
Old 30 Sep 2017, 08:34 (Ref:3770691)   #62
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just want to say that the people who are in the sport will be screaming at this
Old 30 Sep 2017, 12:04 (Ref:3770712)   #63
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
When was the last time a race was run where nobody completed the distance?

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/132106

It seems like everybody must have used the same fuel use calculations, I know it is a spec formula but how did everybody manage to get it wrong?
Because it's centrally run all by Peter Thompson. Embarrassingly amateur.
Old 30 Sep 2017, 12:17 (Ref:3770719)   #64
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All cars are run by Meritus (as peebee above states, owned by Peter Thompson, one of the men behind the catastrophe that was Asian/Philippines Formula 3) so all had the same fuel calculations. It was somewhat understandable while equally very amateur, due to the weather drain that was dislodged in yesterdays Free Practice 2 their second race was moved to a back-to-back slot this morning. There wasn't enough time to refuel the cars in time for the second of the two races and as such Meritus fueled the cars for 2 races. Obviously, incorrectly...
Old 30 Sep 2017, 20:17 (Ref:3770796)   #65
10TENTHS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Because it's centrally run all by Peter Thompson. Embarrassingly amateur.
Aside from the inability to do something simple as fill the fuel tanks of 9 Mygale F4 cars (pretty sure they can race for 40 minutes on one tank), he can't attract numbers approaching every other name single seater series in the region. Even Chinese F4 manages 12 on most weekends.
Old 1 Oct 2017, 09:45 (Ref:3770911)   #66
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10TENTHS View Post
Aside from the inability to do something simple as fill the fuel tanks of 9 Mygale F4 cars (pretty sure they can race for 40 minutes on one tank), he can't attract numbers approaching every other name single seater series in the region. Even Chinese F4 manages 12 on most weekends.
Very true-I had not heard of this championship before this report
Old 3 Oct 2017, 15:53 (Ref:3771534)   #67
10TENTHS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Very true-I had not heard of this championship before this report
F4 SEA had a non-functioning website for the first season, and it was hard to even find results (their Facebook page wasn't always updated with them).

I guess they're doing better than the Danish championship. Most of the time the F4 series had less entries than the Formula Fords running alongside them...

Since I didn't see this posted: http://www.chicasracing.com/2017/08/...-shootout.html

Translation - NACAM F4 will become a feeder series for Indycar, via sending its champions to the scholarship shootout held each December. The winner gets a full-season drive in USF2000.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 08:18 (Ref:3771698)   #68
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
F4 SEA had a non-functioning website for the first season, and it was hard to even find results (their Facebook page wasn't always updated with them).

I guess they're doing better than the Danish championship. Most of the time the F4 series had less entries than the Formula Fords running alongside them...

Since I didn't see this posted: http://www.chicasracing.com/2017/08/...-shootout.html

Translation - NACAM F4 will become a feeder series for Indycar, via sending its champions to the scholarship shootout held each December. The winner gets a full-season drive in USF2000.
Guess that is the Mexican F4 series?
Old 4 Oct 2017, 09:24 (Ref:3771706)   #69
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And their "race replays" were no more than a series of interviews interspersed with a few onboard shots from the races.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 12:59 (Ref:3771767)   #70
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

In Germany young drivers say that it would had been better to retain Formula Masters as Formula 4 is quite more expensive just because of the name.
Old 4 Oct 2017, 13:52 (Ref:3771773)   #71
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
http://www.chicasracing.com/2017/08/...-shootout.html

"Feeder" is a bit of a stretch. The Shootout has a dozen of FF and F4 champions from around the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Guess that is the Mexican F4 series?
In 2016 they ran at Austin.