Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Dec 2019, 10:11 (Ref:3948591)   #226
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
382,000 subscribers to Kayo according to Fox. The catch is, at what cost has it taken to achieve those numbers given that many customers reportedly cancelled their Foxtel subscriptions to take up Kayo.
Yeah but way to go for the buffering with poor internet services
And FOX has the record option with allows you to record and fast forward Soooo many boring races
Old 31 Dec 2019, 01:18 (Ref:3949137)   #227
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The future does not look good for the Fox network and some are predicting its demise entirely and it looks entirely abysmal if they think I am going to give them any money. Any way it is viewed sports owners are going to be on a hiding to nothing when the current contracts are up for negotiation again if Fox is not around.
Old 31 Dec 2019, 02:23 (Ref:3949141)   #228
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The future does not look good for the Fox network and some are predicting its demise entirely and it looks entirely abysmal if they think I am going to give them any money. Any way it is viewed sports owners are going to be on a hiding to nothing when the current contracts are up for negotiation again if Fox is not around.
I can't wait. I am sick to death of sports selling our direct streaming products to lock up their content at Foxtel, with their predatory policies and crap technology. Both Supercars and Cricket Australia sucked Murdoch's dick and canned money I would have given them directly, thank heavens for other options.

Hopefully with this change in landscape these bodies can realise the value of direct engagement and I will pay them all day long for what I want.
Old 31 Dec 2019, 07:56 (Ref:3949154)   #229
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Foxtel dropping the Eurosport channel next month.
Even poorer value for motorsport fans with Foxtel as it was the home of WTCR, GT3, WEC and European Rally.
Old 1 Jan 2020, 04:58 (Ref:3949331)   #230
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I can't wait. I am sick to death of sports selling our direct streaming products to lock up their content at Foxtel, with their predatory policies and crap technology. Both Supercars and Cricket Australia sucked Murdoch's dick and canned money I would have given them directly, thank heavens for other options.

Hopefully with this change in landscape these bodies can realise the value of direct engagement and I will pay them all day long for what I want.
Many want it for nothing,if the advertisers arent there, who pays or do we go back to track owner promoters, get rid of the franchise owners Supercars/Archer, ARG etc.
Old 1 Jan 2020, 05:20 (Ref:3949334)   #231
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Many want it for nothing,if the advertisers arent there, who pays or do we go back to track owner promoters, get rid of the franchise owners Supercars/Archer, ARG etc.
I think people will pay a fair price. Cricket for example was 30 bucks a year, I used to pay it mainly for the BBL, which was on free to air. Now they split with Foxtel and of course all the best games are on Foxtel.

I no longer have a free to air antenna so being able to watch on a tablet or chrome cast is a must. No American sport is dumb enough to sell their digital rights to someone else, now that there is not Foxtel able to outbid and lock away content anti competitively, hopefully more sports will keep direct streaming and benefit from the social engagement it brings.
Old 1 Jan 2020, 13:38 (Ref:3949400)   #232
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
The sooner motor racing is done with franchises and the likes of organisations like Supercars and ARG and others, the better
Old 1 Jan 2020, 13:48 (Ref:3949402)   #233
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
The sooner motor racing is done with franchises and the likes of organisations like Supercars and ARG and others, the better
Oh God you want to go back to the dark ages?
Old 1 Jan 2020, 19:33 (Ref:3949445)   #234
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

I agree Foxtel are on the way out but don’t think it is necessarily a great deal for the consumer.For example by the time I pay for the 4 streams I would get-F1,Moto GP,EPL and USPGA-I am already paying more than I would pay to Foxtel.Zero access to better than FTA coverage on any other sport and then there are things like my favourite sports event in the world the Le Mans 24 Hour where the race is not included in the WEC streaming package so no access.
If things go to all streaming either give up on watching a lot of stuff or be prepared to pay a lot more than you have under the Murdoch monopoly.
Old 20 Jan 2020, 04:13 (Ref:3952406)   #235
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Streaming:

Not sport but I'd guess it has application to sport.
The Trade Desk referred to deals with 'broadcasters and growing revenue in connected TV for the platform, which allows ad buyers to manage advertising campaigns across formats and devices.'

https://www.thetradedesk.com/press-r...-u-s-consumers

NEW YORK – January 6, 2020 – The majority of Americans (59 percent) are not willing to pay more than $20 a month for streaming TV services, according to a recent survey of more than 2,600 U.S. consumers by The Trade Desk.
Furthermore, 75 percent of consumers will not pay more than $30 a month.
As more TV content providers launch new streaming services in 2020, these results highlight the subscription fatigue threshold for TV streaming services, where on-demand movies, TV shows and live events can be accessed by connected devices such as smart TVs and mobile devices.

Despite the mobile nature of streaming apps, consumers have shown they still prefer to view content on the largest screen in their home – the television.

Last edited by cavvy; 20 Jan 2020 at 04:15. Reason: clarification (sic)
Old 22 Jan 2020, 15:22 (Ref:3952756)   #236
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
382,000 subscribers to Kayo according to Fox. The catch is, at what cost has it taken to achieve those numbers given that many customers reportedly cancelled their Foxtel subscriptions to take up Kayo.
Given Telstra have sold the physical Foxtel cable network to the NBN (and Foxtel are therefore moving a lot of people onto satellite where they can), maybe Foxtel are actually rather pleased about this reduction in overheads?
Old 23 Jan 2020, 04:34 (Ref:3952855)   #237
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Adding the sports package again this weekend for the upcoming motorsport and AFL seasons. Let see what deal I can negotiate
Old 23 Jan 2020, 12:06 (Ref:3952905)   #238
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Foxtel taking the axe to sport

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...23-p53tyi.html

I can't imagine Supercars will escape some treatment as well when the time comes though it is only speculation until then as what will happen.
Old 4 Feb 2020, 04:27 (Ref:3955581)   #239
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is Talem Bend the first round ever that isnt on any FTA at all?
Old 4 Feb 2020, 04:38 (Ref:3955584)   #240
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Is Talem Bend the first round ever that isnt on any FTA at all?
I think it will still have the 1 Hour highlights package.It will be the first enduro in the Supercar era that does not have live fta coverage.
Old 5 Feb 2020, 09:11 (Ref:3955811)   #241
Casper
Veteran

And so it begins https://www.smh.com.au/business/comp...05-p53y1n.html
Old 6 Feb 2020, 23:46 (Ref:3956175)   #242
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Probably unrelated, but I find it curious that Supercars are producing the TV for the TCR coverage on Seven...

https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/02/07...nal-telecasts/
Old 7 Feb 2020, 05:43 (Ref:3956194)   #243
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Quote:
Probably unrelated, but I find it curious that Supercars are producing the TV for the TCR coverage on Seven...

Precursor to Warburton bringing Supercars to 7 in next deal?
Old 7 Feb 2020, 06:13 (Ref:3956198)   #244
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:

"Probably"

They are the best motorsport production company in the country, and ARG has obviously decided to pick up their game after fairly brutal criticism of their previous coverage. Most certainly not cheap. I want to hear now from competitors when entry fees go up by a couple of grand or more per weekend. Been there done that.
Old 7 Feb 2020, 07:06 (Ref:3956203)   #245
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
Precursor to Warburton bringing Supercars to 7 in next deal?
That’s my tip, no doubt with a Foxtel element in there too

Quote:
"Probably"

They are the best motorsport production company in the country, and ARG has obviously decided to pick up their game after fairly brutal criticism of their previous coverage. Most certainly not cheap. I want to hear now from competitors when entry fees go up by a couple of grand or more per weekend. Been there done that.
ARG won’t foot the bill?
Old 7 Feb 2020, 08:46 (Ref:3956219)   #246
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
ARG won’t foot the bill?
They might at the start, but really all the categories other than the real big ones are used to funding this. I've done it with speedway, sports sedans, some are always for it, some are always against it, but its never cheap.
Old 7 Feb 2020, 22:40 (Ref:3956358)   #247
Mixer
Veteran

I had a thought about this. Maybe the season sponsor can pick up the tab and like the cricket you will get a "brought to you by..."

That would be a good solution.
Old 13 Feb 2020, 01:00 (Ref:3957341)   #248
one five five
Veteran

Interesting to read on socials that Mr Noonan will not be a part of the Ch10 Supercars telecasts, nor the ARG Ch7 broadcasts. Judging by the post he would have liked to have continued

Any word on what Ch10’s commitments to its races will be this year? Cost cutting on some talent with a view to not re-upping in 2021?

Quote:
They might at the start, but really all the categories other than the real big ones are used to funding this. I've done it with speedway, sports sedans, some are always for it, some are always against it, but its never cheap.
I just figured that ARG were throwing the money around last year for their entities, they’d want full grids for the new TV package in 2020 and slugging competitors with the “TV Tax” this year would be a backward step. In a few years though I have little doubt TV fees will be charged to the entrants
Old 14 Feb 2020, 23:46 (Ref:3957657)   #249
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Interesting that Mr Noonan has not been resigned.

Thoughts as to why? Outpriced the market or too many ex drivers moving in ?
Old 15 Feb 2020, 00:20 (Ref:3957659)   #250
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper View Post
Interesting that Mr Noonan has not been resigned.

Thoughts as to why? Outpriced the market or too many ex drivers moving in ?
There aren’t any ex-drivers on the TEN Supercars coverage, so that can’t be why. It reads like TEN are just going to use Matt White, Kate Peck and Sam Mackinnen who are all employed for multiple roles at the network, whereas Noonan was just brought in for Supercars events, so sounds like simple cost cutting.....and like they aren’t investing in the coverage going forward.

Him playing no part in the Supercars Media produced TCR coverage on Ch7 is more intriguing. He has a relationship with Supercars Media via the stats he provides for their Supercars broadcasts for Foxtel & Ten, and Noonan has a seemingly great relationship with 7 through various programming after the end of their V8Supercars coverage in 2014.