Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Apr 2009, 02:58 (Ref:2446001)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the MITTY Speedfest 09: RoadATL May 1-3

so spring is in full bloom in North Georgia, which means it is time for the the Mitty again. this event always coincides with my birthday and looks like the Mitty is turning 31, just one year ahead of me, as always. also, will be the first time i take my 3 year old son (and the wife) to the track! let's hope that goes well.

Event/Ticket Info
Event Schedule
Vehicle Info
Event Poster (very cool)
Track Website

feature make this year is JAGUAR, which shall be splended. might even have a "spot" of tea instead of sweet tea.
also, organisers are hoping for "the largest collection of Group 44 cars, drivers and crew members ever assembled."
the other "usuals" will be there along with, for the 2nd year in a row, historic MotoGP bikes...hope for a better turn out this time!

weather is always good and the cars better!

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 21 Apr 2009 at 03:19.
Old 21 Apr 2009, 17:55 (Ref:2446457)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Looking forward to hearing about this event along with possibly some pics?
Old 22 Apr 2009, 02:17 (Ref:2446722)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
my still camera sucks but the two others i go with have nice cameras. i will have a pretty good video camera so we will try to provide both, in a "timely" manner.....hopefully quicker than last time.
the Mitty seems to be (IMO) the biggest historics event in US besides the Laguna races and gets bigger every year.
i wouldn't mind hearing from some of the participants/racers in this great event...they may be able to provide more insight than a mere spectator.
Old 23 Apr 2009, 06:23 (Ref:2447558)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Contributions from anybody, be they spectator, photograher, racer, marshal or organiser are always welcome!
Old 27 Apr 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2450805)   #5
monaro_gto
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
monaro_gto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be up there Saturday arvo and Sunday with camera.
Old 27 Apr 2009, 20:57 (Ref:2451054)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
looking forward to the turn 4 crew gathering for the Mitty, m_goat and having a couple+ cold ones.

looks like rain for friday and saturday. can't complain cause we need all we can get, still....
but it seems to come around on the weekends
Old 30 Apr 2009, 00:56 (Ref:2452521)   #7
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Happy B-day again and I am looking forward to the event. It will be great to incorporate the next generation of Field into the Turn 4 Friends. I'll be dragging the camera out for this event (usually have my best results) and will post pics asap. Weather doesn't look too bad although I may drive the truck... just in case.
Old 30 Apr 2009, 13:34 (Ref:2452906)   #8
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
i may be going tomorrow morning for a bit...
why not? 3 day pass and no job
JHamilton, want to meet me for lunch tomorrow? i'll save you a Corndog w/ extra mustard!
anyone else here going?
Old 2 May 2009, 01:58 (Ref:2453948)   #9
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
was a great friday at RoadATL for the Mitty. met a lot of nice people to include one of my all time favorite drivers, Bobby Rahal, who is there driving his Lola sportsracer and Lola Formula Atlantic cars from his SCCA days.

not as many entrants there this year, perhaps for economical reasons (loads of FOR SALE signs everywhere you look). maybe some more will show up for the weekend.

will give more details and pics later....
Old 4 May 2009, 13:46 (Ref:2455178)   #10
monaro_gto
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
great time. Camped up there on Sat night and the weather could have been better but Sunday was a great day! Here are a couple of teaser pics

Full gallery to come later in week.
Old 4 May 2009, 20:16 (Ref:2455423)   #11
monaro_gto
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
try again, I posted some pics before but my post never showed up.

Old 4 May 2009, 20:17 (Ref:2455425)   #12
monaro_gto
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
It rained a bit on Saturday but Sunday was a great day of racing.

Mr Rahal
Old 4 May 2009, 20:18 (Ref:2455426)   #13
monaro_gto
Rookie

United States
Atlanta, GA, USA
I finally got a decent helmet shot and it wasn't under caution

Old 5 May 2009, 13:47 (Ref:2455854)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
nice m_g! no cheating on the helmet shot?

most of my videos turned out to be rubbish, but i'll have to pick through them later.

not much to tell about the racing. lot's of oil down on the track caused some lengthy full course cautions and even one red flag during the one hour WSC, GTP and GT enduro. some classes got lumped together due to lack of entrants. the motorcycle group was the only group that grew from last year.

the highlight of the weekend for me was meeting Bobby Rahal and then watching him push both his cars hard during their times on the track. i also met several other really nice folk, including on fella that drove his Triumph TR3A from North Dakota...took him 4 four days, a fuel pump and a generator to get to North Georgia.

always enjoyable, tho, to spend the day at the track with friends and the fam, this year.
Old 6 May 2009, 14:05 (Ref:2456498)   #15
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Great stuff, monaro_gto. One of my favourite cars - the CSL, and one of my favourite liveries - Martini. Oh, and yes, I can see the full set of pics with your first post, even though it is not numbered (it's between #9 & #10); how weird is that?
Old 6 May 2009, 22:57 (Ref:2456853)   #16
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looking good Furball. I'll get my photos posted this weekend. I think I'll prove that a 300mm is plenty big too.

John - The CSLs are sweet. There is a matching white one that shows up every year too. Some of my favs.
Old 7 May 2009, 00:50 (Ref:2456897)   #17
typ550
Rookie

typ550 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here are a few of my shots from the weekend.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7439 (Medium).JPG   IMG_7494b (Medium).jpg   IMG_7456b (Medium).jpg  

IMG_4427 (Medium).JPG   IMG_7476 (Medium).JPG   IMG_7659b (Medium).jpg  

Old 11 May 2009, 00:41 (Ref:2459683)   #18
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
those are nice pics, typ550....
i think i was in turn 6 when the four ground pounding Chevys came by.
love the pic of the Maserati...that was a fabulous car.
thanks for sharing them!