Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 May 2014, 21:19 (Ref:3404696)   #51
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Being long away from this in every sense I am a little confused looking on the official website. Are they applying a cut off based on pole time? If so the guys who miss the cut - do they get some type of refund? Just seems that it would have been unlikely for some of the slower cars (in the pre 55 Sportscar race for example) to ever make the cut!
Old 10 May 2014, 21:27 (Ref:3404701)   #52
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Timing system must be historic - need to get someone decent in!

Just watched the recording of it Grant:

P1 D Shaw in a Ralt
P2 P Barilla in Chevron B34
P3 V Leone in a March 783
P4 T Needell in a Chevron B38

Tenther Marcus Mussa was 16th in his March 763
Will David Shaw be able to fix his Ralt?
Old 10 May 2014, 21:30 (Ref:3404703)   #53
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Front left corner looked a bit bent, fairly firm impact so I wouldn't be surprised if he can't take part. I suppose it depends what parts they have access to and time of course.
Old 11 May 2014, 05:03 (Ref:3404789)   #54
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
My two cars running well sir john p7 and nick Taylor in chevron happy to be on the grid p31 . As for Shaw I think anywhere else in the world you would pack up and go home. As I always say what man made man can repair . Just on nycwayvto paddock. I will see how the night went for them
Old 11 May 2014, 05:29 (Ref:3404790)   #55
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
All four corners on the Shaw ralt so it's looking good for them
Old 11 May 2014, 08:24 (Ref:3404822)   #56
Malcolm Smith
Veteran

Malcolm Smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fabulous battle for the lead in pre-war race. Hope the remaining races
are as enjoyable. Great weather - even Mrs. S. is enjoying the event!
Old 11 May 2014, 09:10 (Ref:3404832)   #57
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Congratulations to honorary Brit Roger Wills.
Old 11 May 2014, 09:18 (Ref:3404838)   #58
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Congratulations to honorary Brit Roger Wills.
Congratulations indeed. A top driver and all round 'good guy' who, despite the national anthem, is proud to be a New Zealander.
Old 11 May 2014, 09:23 (Ref:3404840)   #59
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
Congratulations indeed. A top driver and all round 'good guy' who, despite the national anthem, is proud to be a New Zealander.
I know but someone needs to tell the people at Monaco that.
Old 11 May 2014, 09:25 (Ref:3404842)   #60
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I suspect it may be because he races under a UK MSA licence. Don't know but I recall that was the problem that Eddie Irvine had.
Old 11 May 2014, 09:29 (Ref:3404845)   #61
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have told swimbo that next year we are going to Monaco historical , the XK 150 is just made for that sort of outing. Have just been watching the Monaco historics on Motors TV, what have I been missing.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 11 May 2014, 09:32 (Ref:3404847)   #62
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
You'll even be able to drive the track next year, all alone.
Old 11 May 2014, 09:34 (Ref:3404850)   #63
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I suspect it may be because he races under a UK MSA licence. Don't know but I recall that was the problem that Eddie Irvine had.
I'm sure that you're right Peter but Roger was anxious to point to his 'Kiwi' badge on the podium.
Old 11 May 2014, 10:01 (Ref:3404859)   #64
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngee View Post
I'm sure that you're right Peter but Roger was anxious to point to his 'Kiwi' badge on the podium.
He is racing under a British flag in the timings as well.
Old 11 May 2014, 10:02 (Ref:3404860)   #65
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Why!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 11 May 2014, 10:09 (Ref:3404863)   #66
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Well, except for the rest of the traffic, especially the buses and scooters.

And the bits that run through the car parks and stuff. Could be tricky.
Old 11 May 2014, 10:12 (Ref:3404864)   #67
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
2016 next historic Monaco . Tickled pink with sir john p4 missed podium by a tenth . One down one to go
Old 11 May 2014, 10:14 (Ref:3404865)   #68
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
He is racing under a British flag in the timings as well.
The drivers and cars names seem to have been programmed by a random monkey on a keyboard at least on Motors TV
Old 11 May 2014, 10:26 (Ref:3404867)   #69
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Live timing gave up again 5 laps into the 1.5ltr F1 race.

Looked like there were a few incidents amongst the leaders.

Timing is now running again for the sports cars but not displaying correctly in screen and with the name of the previous race.

I suspect their code is only French Browser friendly.
Old 11 May 2014, 11:07 (Ref:3404881)   #70
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
2016 next historic Monaco . Tickled pink with sir john p4 missed podium by a tenth . One down one to go
Thanks for the updates Iain! Pass my congratulations to Sir John, he certainly pedals that 18 well.

Old 11 May 2014, 14:25 (Ref:3404963)   #71
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Marcus Mussa out before the F3 start. Stalled on the grid. Waved the guy behind to come past who promptly drove into his rear wheel!
Old 11 May 2014, 15:06 (Ref:3404982)   #72
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post
Marcus Mussa out before the F3 start. Stalled on the grid. Waved the guy behind to come past who promptly drove into his rear wheel!
As I recall somebody did something like that to Frank Sytner 2 years ago.

Hard luck Marcus.

It all looked a bit spread out for a Monaco F3 race with a big field.

Looking at the Live timing info before they replaced it with the next race suggests that Iain's man didn't quite make it to the flag.

Last edited by grantp; 11 May 2014 at 15:14.
Old 11 May 2014, 18:08 (Ref:3405045)   #73
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the whole event was covered superbly by Motors TV. My wife has a facial expression that most of us reserve for when we've trodden in something unpleasant - she reserves it for whenever motor racing is mentioned. However, I think she enjoyed the coverage almost as much as me.

Marcus Pye even mentioned Historic FF2000...
Old 11 May 2014, 18:15 (Ref:3405048)   #74
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the coverage was excellent too - we should probably let them know we liked it!
Old 11 May 2014, 18:30 (Ref:3405057)   #75
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post

Looking at the Live timing info before they replaced it with the next race suggests that Iain's man didn't quite make it to the flag.
Actually looking at the result sheet suggests he was running at the flag but 3 laps down. There must be a tale to tell?