Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Apr 2010, 04:36 (Ref:2680300)   #51
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by herowassenna View Post
I'm getting an idea here maybe you don't like Alonso??
Don't like him at all, but it had nothing to do with the comments about the video and the video I posted.
Old 27 Apr 2010, 10:50 (Ref:2680415)   #52
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The best scenes from recent years: Coulthard vs Alonso vs Heidfeld, Malaysia 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ho4y6NDE8g&NR=1

The best thing is that they are three wide at some point and it goes on and on.
Spectacular moves don't always have to happen for getting P1.
Old 27 Apr 2010, 11:25 (Ref:2680434)   #53
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
The best scenes from recent years: Coulthard vs Alonso vs Heidfeld, Malaysia 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ho4y6NDE8g&NR=1

The best thing is that they are three wide at some point and it goes on and on.
Spectacular moves don't always have to happen for getting P1.
Good point. I remember one race last year where Hamilton and Alonso were fighting over 9th or something. Or one particular favourite of mine, MAnsell vs Alesi at Suzuka 94. Spectacular, but forgotten because hill and Schumi were dominating up front.
Whilst mentioning Alesi, what about Phoenix 1990 against Senna?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jye3m...eature=related

or Canada 93?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eut-9j3B_LQ

To give some idea of what the commentators are talking about, those sweepers are 180mph...

Or for sublime ridiculous talent, Senna around the outside of Wendlinger in the Craner curves...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcIPI...eature=related
Old 27 Apr 2010, 12:42 (Ref:2680499)   #54
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
That dice with Arnoux and Villeneuve was a bit of a classic. Dijon wasn't such a bad track. It's nice to see someone who can remember F1 prior to the TGF/Ferrari era.
????????

Didn't you read all the pages in this thread ?
Old 27 Apr 2010, 13:43 (Ref:2680529)   #55
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
????????

Didn't you read all the pages in this thread ?
Yep.
Old 28 Apr 2010, 03:49 (Ref:2680892)   #56
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Vettel under Webber's defensive line Malaysia 2010.
Old 28 Apr 2010, 08:49 (Ref:2680989)   #57
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r
Suzuka 97 - Eddie Irvine overtook both Michael Schumacher AND Mika Hakkinen around the outside of the same corner.
That has to be tongue in cheek! If not, then you are blatantly demented, . Anyway, well, I could never pick one move in particular. There are many which deserve to be recognisable as of the best. There is one I will mention not so much for the pass itself, but rather for the build-up to it. Unless I have invented a false memory, in the 1995 Nurburgring race Michael made a pass on Alesi (for the lead, IIRC). The reason I mention it is for the many laps prior to the pass that Michael spent running off-line to the corner into which he made the pass laps later. It was so premeditated: cleaning the line lap after lap, all in preparation/anticipation for making the move in the future. The pass itself at the time was not all much to mention at all, but the overall picture......
Old 28 Apr 2010, 09:08 (Ref:2681008)   #58
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
I had forgotten about that move, thanks for the reminder that was pure brilliance! I can't remember the exact race, but I certainly remember the odd line lap after lap to get the track clean. great racecraft.
Old 28 Apr 2010, 10:24 (Ref:2681040)   #59
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I had forgotten about that move, thanks for the reminder that was pure brilliance! I can't remember the exact race, but I certainly remember the odd line lap after lap to get the track clean. great racecraft.
I seem to remember that Michael had some influence on the design of that chicane.

As to whether or not it was "pure brilliance" or just an inevitabilty, I'm not so sure.
Old 28 Apr 2010, 11:50 (Ref:2681076)   #60
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I got called demented! Yay!

Here is Irvines move. OK, not the best ever, but certainly stands out from the crowd for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzPM1xHm2wg
Old 28 Apr 2010, 13:03 (Ref:2681123)   #61
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I seem to remember that Michael had some influence on the design of that chicane.
That was years later.
Old 28 Apr 2010, 16:58 (Ref:2681228)   #62
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempi View Post
That was years later.
Just to make sure that no one could do it back to him.
Old 29 Apr 2010, 10:53 (Ref:2681574)   #63
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
The great moves from my time have already been nicely covered thanks to the likes of V and Knowlesy.

I might like to slot in JPM's move on Alonso at Copse at the start of the BGP in 2005?

And there was one at Imola in 2001. Coming to the end of Lap 1 into the last chicane Montoya outbreaks Panis on the outside going in and comes out on the inside..... Seriously clever move problem is you could only just see it starting on the TV as it followed the leading cars through the turn.

For good race action how about John Watson's multiple overtakes in the 1983 Long Beach GP. A masterclass in racecraft.

Recently Hamilton did 2 cars in one go, was it Melbourne or Sepang???
Old 29 Apr 2010, 12:07 (Ref:2681615)   #64
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
One that i really stands out from recent times was Juan Pablo v Kimi at Hockenheim in 2002 iirc. went on for half a lap, most enjoyable.
That's when Tilke's butchering of Hockenheim proved its worth.
Old 7 May 2010, 14:50 (Ref:2686024)   #65
perfectly_frank
Rookie

perfectly_frank should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hakkinen's pass of TGF at Spa - I can't remember when.
Epic how they split around a slower car ! ! !
Old 7 May 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2686139)   #66
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectly_frank View Post
Hakkinen's pass of TGF at Spa - I can't remember when.
Epic how they split around a slower car ! ! !
Yeah that was amazing... ahn... the slow guy was Ricardo Zonta.
Old 7 May 2010, 18:21 (Ref:2686182)   #67
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
saw the Villeneuve on Schumacher Estoril 1996 move on youtube, for me one of the best ever seen.
Old 7 May 2010, 19:15 (Ref:2686214)   #68
Iron Ripper
Rookie

Latvia
Latvia, Riga region
Iron Ripper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deletraz View Post
Always fond of Montoya at the bus stop...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giZu7-A2yS0
That is great move, cause Montoya before the entire S-bend turn is completely behind Schumacher and appears near him only mid-turn.
Also liked Montoya's take on Schumacher in Nurburgring at Dunlop curve 2003 (if I'm correct). Haven't seen anybody overtaking anyone there.
I also know the one in Hockenheim 2004 where Sato was battling Trulli before the 180degree. But just before the corner Webber took a risky pass and got past Trulli, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4sIZjVFZu8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uXaJzCmauM
(at 0:15)
Old 7 May 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2686220)   #69
Iron Ripper
Rookie

Latvia
Latvia, Riga region
Check out this one, great driving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkBTq1nm0jA
Old 8 May 2010, 14:56 (Ref:2686572)   #70
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Ripper View Post
That is great move, cause Montoya before the entire S-bend turn is completely behind Schumacher and appears near him only mid-turn.
Also liked Montoya's take on Schumacher in Nurburgring at Dunlop curve 2003 (if I'm correct). Haven't seen anybody overtaking anyone there.
I also know the one in Hockenheim 2004 where Sato was battling Trulli before the 180degree. But just before the corner Webber took a risky pass and got past Trulli, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4sIZjVFZu8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uXaJzCmauM
(at 0:15)
That first video - Is that a young Sebastian Vettel in the Ferrari pit at 1:47 in the video???
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 8 May 2010, 15:44 (Ref:2686589)   #71
Iron Ripper
Rookie

Latvia
Latvia, Riga region
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
That first video - Is that a young Sebastian Vettel in the Ferrari pit at 1:47 in the video???
In 2003 Vettel was under BMW name, so, though it really looks like him, that would be exactly the opposite party. The guy looks puzzled like: 'how the hell he did that one?'
Old 8 May 2010, 16:47 (Ref:2686607)   #72
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it still is Bellofs move against Arnoux at the 1984 Monacco GP
Old 8 May 2010, 22:23 (Ref:2686714)   #73
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
With out doubt Michael Schumacher's move on Rubens Barrichello approaching the line at the 2002 Austrian Grand Prix.
Michael couldn't match Rubens' pace during the race but didn't give up and took full advantage of Rubens taking it easy to the line exiting the final turn.
Old 9 May 2010, 10:59 (Ref:2686961)   #74
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
sorry, couldn't help myself
Old 9 May 2010, 13:44 (Ref:2687141)   #75
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Lol!