Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Oct 2000, 18:44 (Ref:41654)   #1
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

from atlasf1

McLaren team chief Ron Dennis has attacked the 'new' rules introduced for Sunday's Japanese Grand Prix.

He also said the inclusion of an Italian steward for the race was unsatisfactory.

Dennis, speaking on the eve of a race in which Michael Schumacher could clinch Ferrari's first world drivers' title for 21 years, said the new rules were arbitary and worked against his team and their choice of tactics.

He said the inclusion of Italian lawyer Roberto Causo as one of the three race stewards on duty was wrong because it was "not right that a steward should have a vested interest in the outcome of the world championship."

Causo, who represented various parties at the Italian manslaughter inquiry following the death at Imola of Ayrton Senna in 1994, was also in the Ferrari legal team which made a successful appeal against their disqualification from first and second place in last year's Malaysian Grand Prix.

Dennis believes that the appointment of a lawyer who has worked for Ferrari was wrong - particularly if an issue arises on which the stewards' judgment is crucial to the outcome of the race or the world championship.

my take: so down they go again. a fantastic season approching a sensational conlusion. and what does f1 do?

prepare to ruin the whole thing by throwing integrity overboard.

peee uuuuu.

Old 7 Oct 2000, 19:18 (Ref:41662)   #2
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!

If McLaren's tactics are fair then Ron Dennis has nothing to worry about does he..One can go on and on about Ferrari being a favored team,which I think is complete and total hog wash..The best car and pilot will win the race..Allthough I was not aware that Roberto Causo was involved.. when will this Ferrari/McLaren war end..Charlie Whiting's comments were made for DC's ears I am sure..Just race gentlmen..
Old 7 Oct 2000, 23:08 (Ref:41698)   #3
Dhru
Rookie

Dhru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Ron never give up???? He's the most paranoid man there is. I mean, is it not enough to have a British president, a Brit in charge of all the cash, Four other British teams, and a British based team in the sport, that he has to start crying murder when a steward is Italian? If everyone wants Ferrari to win so bad, then why have they failed for three years running having come so agonisingly close? What's he going to do next? Claim that Ferrari have had words wih Prost when the Peugeout engine inevitably blows up and happens in front of a McLaren? Or maybe Ricardo Zonta is Michael's new best friend and has promised to wait until the third blue flag before letting Mika past and costing Mika 0.0001s in the process?
Just live with it!!
Dhru.
Old 8 Oct 2000, 08:25 (Ref:41733)   #4
jarama
Racer

jarama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
[i]Originally posted by Dhru If everyone wants Ferrari to win so bad, then why have they failed for three years running having come so agonisingly close?
Dhru. [/B]
1997, TGF's fault, Jerez, charging over JV.
1998, TGF's fault, again, Suzuka, stalling at the grid.
1999, TGF's fault, again & again, Silverstone, overtaking EI when the race was red-flagged.

P.S.: Congratulations to TGF for his third WDC, surely the most deserved. Good job, Ross Brawn -as always-... and to MH -amazing start, good race, sportsmanship loser-.

Old 9 Oct 2000, 01:05 (Ref:41858)   #5
Dhru
Rookie

Dhru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hate to say this, but in '97 and '98 it was because of Michael that Ferrari were in a position to fight for the title anway, otherwise Jacques would almost certainly run away with the title in '97 (Frentzen came nowhere close), and in '98 it would have been a complete McLaren afair, with David moving over for Hakinnen every few races, to avoid "bad feelings within the team." But hey, Michael's done it now, and he did it in style, although I was glued to my seat and pulling out my hair for most of the race. He really made me sweat until he finally crossed the finish line. I was so worried that Murray would put the kiss of death on Michael in the closing stages...and he certainly tempted fate.
Dhru.